• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Post-Rotation 2018-19: Natural Illuminators(Shiinotic/Shiftry-GX/Lurantises)

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
This is a future deck blueprint involving a powerhouse:

##Pokémon - 20
* 2 Morelull SM 16
* 2 Shiinotic SM 17
* 3 Seedot CST 12
* 2 Nuzleaf CST 13
* 3 Shiftry-GX CST 14
* 3 Fomantis SM 14
* 3 Lurantis SM-P 25
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 30 = It+Su+St = 12 + 15 + 3
# Items- 12
* 3 Rare Candy
* 1 Field Blower
* 1 Rescue Stretcher
* 3 Choice Band
* 4 Ultra Ball

# Supporters- 15
* 3 Copycat
* 4 Judge
* 4 Guzma
* 2 Fan Club
* 2 Volkner

# Stadiums - 3
* 3 Sky Pillar

##Energy - 10
* 4 Double Coloress
* 6 Grass

Strategy: First turn, put Seedot and Morelull down, plus any Fomantis that may be in hand, attach grass one to Seedot. Turn two, Volkner to get either Rare Candy or Ultra Ball, depending on whether or not you have Shiftry-GX already in hand, and either Candy-evolve into Shiftry-GX, or Morelull into Shiinotic then use Illuminate to get Nuzleaf out of deck to evolve Seedot, respectively, then put Sky Pillar down to limit the damage Shiinotic takes from snipers, evolve Formatises into Lurantis promos, and attach energy no.2 or DCE to Nuzleaf/Shiftry-GX. Turn 3, evolve into Shiftry-GX if it didn't yet, attach a choice band and a third energy if needed, then even the hands w/ Copycat or Judge, then use its second attack, and watch the GX get KO'd by Extrasensory's effect, combined with the abilities from the Lurantises. Repeat turn 3, or hopefully turn 2, if Shiftry-GX is KO'd in the middle of process, until all 6 prizes are obtained.

Suggestions on possible changes to improve deck idea? Or is it just fine?

Do you have a specific reason for running no Cynthia at all in this list? I understand you mentioned “even the hands” using copycat or judge but if your opponent has a hand of 3 or less neither option would be great for you.

So I would strongly consider
+3 Cynthia
-2 judge
-1 copycat

Also have you tested order pad? I know it’s a coin flip but I often find volkner underwhelming as a supporter and in particular in a list with no lightning energy it could slow you down using it instead of a draw support or Guzma.

Back