• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Post COE - Psychic Malamar

momand

Aspiring Trainer
so i think malamar gets the most improvements out of any deck currently in standard. here's my list for it
Pokemon:
4x Inkay
4x Malamar
2x Jirachi
2x Giratina
1x Mew
1x Espurr
1x Mimikyu COE (Shadow Box)
Mimikyu – Psychic – HP70
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Shadow Box
As long as this Pokemon is in play, each player’s Pokemon-GX with damage counters on it has no Abilities.

[C][C] Perplexing Tail: 20 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Confused.

Weakness: none
Retreat: none
Retreat: 1
1x Blacephalon COE
Blacephalon – Psychic – HP110
Basic Pokemon (Ultra Beast)

[P][C] Depth Bomb: Put 4 damage counters on your opponent’s Pokémon in any way you like. If your opponent has exactly 3 Prize cards remaining, put 12 damage counters on them instead.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 2
1x Ditto Prism Star

Trainers:
4x Lillie
4x Cynthia

4x Mysterious Treasure
4x Pokemon Communication
4x Spell Tag
3x Great Catcher
Great Catcher – Trainer
Item

Discard 2 cards from your hand. (If you can’t discard 2 cards, you can’t play this card.)

Switch 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon-GX or Pokemon-EX with their Active Pokemon.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).
3x Acro Bike
3x Switch
2x Escape Board

3x Viridian Forest

Energy:
7x Psychic Energy
1x Recycle Energy

Hi TSA123,

Nice list. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Great Catcher (two should suffice)
- 1 Switch (needed the room)
+ 2 Rosa (awesome consistency card in Malamar Giratina since your attackers will be ohkoed fast)

Personally I would also consider to replace Espurr with Espeon & Deoxys GX as a more flexible late game cleaner. Watch out for Dark Box with a focus on the new Guzzlord ;). Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Hi TSA123,

Nice list. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Great Catcher (two should suffice)
- 1 Switch (needed the room)
+ 2 Rosa (awesome consistency card in Malamar Giratina since your attackers will be ohkoed fast)

Personally I would also consider to replace Espurr with Espeon & Deoxys GX as a more flexible late game cleaner. Watch out for Dark Box with a focus on the new Guzzlord ;). Hope this provides some initial assistance.
Hi,
I personally dislike Rosa in MallyTina because the deck already plays so much search (Jirachi, Treasure/Com, Viridian) that I’d honestly rather be playing supporters like Cynthia or Lillie. Not to say it’s bad, I definitely don’t think it’s a bad card in here at all, it’s just my personal preference.

I also don’t like Espeon/Deoxys in the list after Cosmic Eclipse strictly because of Reshirom just being able to Great Catcher it up for an easy 3 prizes. I like forcing my opponent to have to KO three Pokemon and then using Blacephalon to spread 12 damage counters.

Here are my current changes to the list:
-1 Great Catcher
+1 Latios GX (Reshirom is huge)

Hi TSA123,

I do understand the reason behind Espeon and Deoxys GX. If you do not like Rosa consider Cynthia and Caitlin as an alternative. Malamar Giratina tends to brick if it is unable to obtain supporter cards early on. Rosa was intended to help with that but Cynthis and Caitlin would sure be an alternative that seems better than Acro Bike since it secures a supporter for the next turn and allows you to draw three cards if you decide to discard a card from your hand such as Giratina or a Basic Psychic Energy. I usually tend to have issues with less than ten supporters in this deck. For this reason I suggested a higher supporter count.

Hi TSA123,

I do understand the reason behind Espeon and Deoxys GX. If you do not like Rosa consider Cynthia and Caitlin as an alternative. Malamar Giratina tends to brick if it is unable to obtain supporter cards early on. Rosa was intended to help with that but Cynthis and Caitlin would sure be an alternative that seems better than Acro Bike since it secures a supporter for the next turn and allows you to draw three cards if you decide to discard a card from your hand such as Giratina or a Basic Psychic Energy. I usually tend to have issues with less than ten supporters in this deck. For this reason I suggested a higher supporter count.
Yeah Cynthia and Caitlin seems good but idk if I have the room for it for what I'm trying with my list.

Current changes:
Latios GX and Mega Lopunny/Puff are interchangeable at this point lol
-1 Escape Board
+1 Lana's Fishing Rod

Back