• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Post-2018-Rotation Banette/Decidueye

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
Pokemon (18):
  • Shuppet (3)
  • Banette GX (3)
Banette-GX – Psychic – HP190
Stage 1 – Evolves from Shuppet

Ability: Shady Move
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, you may move 1 damage counter from either player’s Pokemon to another Pokemon (yours or your opponent’s).

[P] Shadow Chant: 30+ damage. This attack does 10 more damage for each Supporter card in your discard pile. You can’t add more than 100 damage in this way.

[P] Tomb Hunter GX: Put 3 cards from your discard pile into your hand. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 1
  • Rowlet (3)
  • Dartrix (1)
  • Decidueye GX (3)
  • Tapu Lele GX (2)
  • Buzzwole FBL (1)
  • A. Rattata CST (1)
Alolan Rattata – Dark – HP40
Basic Pokemon

[.] Call the Boss: Search your deck for an Alolan Raticate (including Alolan Raticate-GX), reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

[C][C] Gnaw: 20 damage.

Weakness: Dark (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 1
  • A. Raticate GX (1)
Alolan Raticate-GX – Darkness – HP200
Stage 1 – Evolves from Rattata

[.] Throw Away: 40x damage. Discard up to 2 cards from your hand. This attack does 40 damage for each card you discarded in this way.

[D][C][C] Hyper Fang: 150 damage. Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing.

[.] Item Miner GX: Search your deck for up to 6 Item cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When 1 of your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 3
Trainer (32):
  • TV Reporter (2)
TV Reporter – Trainer
Supporter

Draw 3 cards, then discard a card from your hand.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).
  • Cynthia (4)
  • Guzma (4)
  • Judge (3)
  • Steven’s Resolve (1)
Steven’s Resolve – Trainer
Supporter

Search your deck for up to 3 cards and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck. Your turn ends.

You can play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).
  • Rare Candy (4)
  • Ultra Ball (4)
  • Kukui (2)
  • Choice Band (4)
  • Acro Bike (4)
Energy (10):
  • Rainbow (4)
  • Psychic (6)

This is a fun little idea I had while doing dishes one night. I was thinking of a way to use Banette, and I remmebered the post revealing translations for the new Mimikyu GX and how that could pair with Decidueye GX (which does not relate to my point at all, but I got me thinking about Decidueye, which is the point). I realized that Banette's admittedly low damage output was only really good against Buzzwole, but I wanted a way to hit targets like U. Necrozma, Lycanroc, and the biggest challenge of all, Zoroark. Then, I realized that with a little help, Banette could, at maximum output, hit 130 without modifiers. That led to the revalation that the magic number of the meta right now, 210, was perfectly attainable, with a little help, in the form of decidueye. Hence this deck was born.

Ideally, you use as many supporters as you can to load up the discard pile, with assistance from Ultra ball, Acro Bike, and the 1 Copy of Alolan Raticate GX (which also helps in a potential mirror), and then using Decidueye's ability to do the remainder of the damage to secure a knockout, with assistance from Banette's ability to get that last bit on, and/or to recover from Rainbow Energy damage. Speaking of Rainbow Energy, that is also a crucial part of this, as it allows many secondary elements, like the Zoroark Counter (Buzzwole) and enabling Hollow Hunt on Decidueye, which give multiple pokemon with the same GX, which is really good for getting another boost in the mid-to-late game.

Back