• Gyarados
  • Night March
  • M-Tyranitar / Bats
  • M-Gardevoir
  • Bronzong Variants
  • Vileplume Variants
  • Eeveelution Variants
  • Whimsicott Variants
  • Seismitoad Variants (Yes he's not leaving just yet)
These are the decks that are likely going to see play, which one will triumph? For now, no one can tell...

Last edited:
Personally only 5 of the decks in your list I think will see competitive play.

Machamp EX/ Ariados
Raichu/ Bats
Giratina EX/ Vileplume
M Tyranitar EX/ Bats
Bronzong Variants

This is only what I think and you may think differently, but I just don't think a lot of those will see actual play competitively. Hope this helps!

Pyroar / Lugia EX(...)
Gyarados(..)
These are the decks that are likely going to see play, which one will triumph? For now, no one can tell...
Excuse me, but Pyroar is dead already, and XY-on won't change it really. Rather kill off, since there is very few Big Basics in the XY-on.
Gyarados? You're talking about Ancient Origins Gyarados , right? Beacause for competitive standards it's a pretty bad card.

Well Gyarados may not be that great :( But Pyroar is pretty good against every other deck I stated. And the XY-on rotation will be in his favor. He's not loosing anything important, and cards like faded town and level ball will help. Well, I'm going to try and make it work...

Well Gyarados may not be that great :( But Pyroar is pretty good against every other deck I stated. And the XY-on rotation will be in his favor. He's not loosing anything important, and cards like faded town and level ball will help. Well, I'm going to try and make it work...
The rotation was in its favor, with the loss of Garbodor and Virbank Lasers, but there are cards like Silent Lab, Megas, and many more playable Stage 1 & 2 pokemon that wreck it.

It is way too early to talk about a tier list right now. Until heavy testing, and tournament results are available we can't really judge which decks are really at the top. Besides this fact I am also a fan of Predict-e-mon, or Theorymon.

Decks that I think are dead:
1.Pyroar: Pyroar is one of my favorite decks I have played in any TCG(Only beaten by Elemental Heroes, Amazoness, and Durant), but I think it's time in the sun is gone. It was good in the Meta-Game were only basic EXs were used, but even then Garbodor and Raichu who could easily trample it. Now all the decks either run some sort of out to Pyroar, or run Stage 1s and Megas.
2.Pure Fighting: I remember around this time last year when everyone thought Fighting was going to break the game because Landy EX, and all the fighting support were going to be in the same format. While the deck was good it never was Top Tier because amount of actually good Fighting pokemon were limited. Now that Landy EX is gone, and M Lucario EX showing no signs of getting a spirit link we will sadly never seen this deck again.

Decks that will stay good:
(These decks don't need any explanation on why they are good. If you are keeping up with the game you probably know why these decks are good)
Night March
Mega Ray EX and Friends
Raichu/Bats

I agree Pyroar and Pure Fighting decks don't stand a chance in the new format, but I also don't think Night March will be very good either. Otherwise I agree, M Rayquaza EX and Raichu/ Bats will be top tier decks for this next format. Hope this helps!

The rotation was in its favor, with the loss of Garbodor and Virbank Lasers, but there are cards like Silent Lab, Megas, and many more playable Stage 1 & 2 pokemon that wreck it.

These came to my mind also, and It may be quit difficult to counter every stage pokémon. Just one question, how does Silent Lab affect Pyroar?

I agree Pyroar and Pure Fighting decks don't stand a chance in the new format, but I also don't think Night March will be very good either. Otherwise I agree, M Rayquaza EX and Raichu/ Bats will be top tier decks for this next format. Hope this helps!
Why don't you think NightMarch would be good? Stating an in opinion doesn't really help the discussion, while elaborating on it is always awesome! :)

Btw, M Gardevoir EX decks (maybe even FairyBox too?) deserve some consideration too for potential top deck honors.

Robin Aisaga: Silent Lab doesn't effect it, it would if Pyroar was a Basic Pokemon but it is not.

bbninjas: Sorry for just making a statement, but I don't think Night March will be very good because it's losing Mew EX.

TuxedoBlack: I agree that M Gardevoir EX will be considerably good in the new rotation. I would say tier 2 or maybe 3, but because dragon decks like Giratina EX/ Vileplume are going to be so good M Gardevoir EX will stand a chance competitively.

Hope this helps!

Almost all of the cards that make Night March work are in Phantom Forces ;P. I actually have tested Night March without Mew EX, and it is still fairly consistent. We still have the night marchers, Dimension Valley, Battle Compressor, Ultra Ball, and Juniper are all still in the game, so the deck doesn't really take a huge hit by the rotation. Of course the list will have to be tweaked because of Mew EX, Computer Search, and N being lost.

If Grass decks do take off because of the support in AO, like Mega Sceptile and Vileplume, and Metal decks are still strong... then Fire decks have a bit of an advantage against a decent chunk of the format. So I think if that's how the format works out, I'll be running the best Fire attacker we have: Delphox.

If Grass decks do take off because of the support in AO, like Mega Sceptile and Vileplume, and Metal decks are still strong... then Fire decks have a bit of an advantage against a decent chunk of the format. So I think if that's how the format works out, I'll be running the best Fire attacker we have: Delphox.
I am in the process of making a good fire deck and Combustion blast charizard ex is probably the fastest and most powerful fire pokemon right now. It can hit 170 T1 which is not even that hard with vs seeker, blacksmith, battle compressor, DC, and Muscle band.
Laugh at me all you want, but think Delphox EX is not that bad. It could be a one of in fire decks.

Can anyone explain to me why a TA kyogre/ TA muk deck isn't a good deck? I mean it has a weird hp(190) and it utilizes retreat cost like how MTTar has a 4 retreat cost so its hitting base 160, muscle band 180, team aquas secret base 200, 2 muks 240. I feel it can be a good deck in the up coming format.

These came to my mind also, and It may be quit difficult to counter every stage pokémon. Just one question, how does Silent Lab affect Pyroar?
Sorry, I keep forgetting Silent Lab only affects basics. *facepalm*

@Rayve No problem, I also make mistakes like that every now and then

I also think M-Gardevoir (And Fairy decks in general) will do a good job after rotation, I will include it in my list. The Team Magma's Kyogre Idea doesn't sound so bad either. It's just that awful ability that prevents it from being popular. I do like it though when people create something competitive using cards from Double Crisis or other sets that aren't used frequently

Can anyone explain to me why a TA kyogre/ TA muk deck isn't a good deck? I mean it has a weird hp(190) and it utilizes retreat cost like how MTTar has a 4 retreat cost so its hitting base 160, muscle band 180, team aquas secret base 200, 2 muks 240. I feel it can be a good deck in the up coming format.
Water has zero energy acceleration in the current format (sans Alpha Growth, but that isn't universal). So you need four turns to power up your EX, and either 4 Team Aqua 'mon on the bench, or a Silent Lab in play. That's allot of setup for a OHKO, and probably slower than the meta allows.

Water has zero energy acceleration in the current format (sans Alpha Growth, but that isn't universal). So you need four turns to power up your EX, and either 4 Team Aqua 'mon on the bench, or a Silent Lab in play. That's allot of setup for a OHKO, and probably slower than the meta allows.
This deck does have energy acceleration. The double aqua energy allows 2 water energy on it aswell as team aquas admin. You can search out a water energy and a basic team aqua's poke using the team aqua's great ball. You can check out my list in the deck garage if you wish.

This deck does have energy acceleration. The double aqua energy allows 2 water energy on it aswell as team aquas admin. You can search out a water energy and a basic team aqua's poke using the team aqua's great ball. You can check out my list in the deck garage if you wish.
Consistency is the issue. Double Aqua gets discarded, so you need more attachments in order to attack again, and there are probably better Supporters you could play in a turn rather than attaching a single energy from the discard. If you have had success with a TA Kyogre deck in your experience then more power to you, but I doubt that it should be given consideration in the metagame at large. Especially true since you haven't seen Beartic decks running rampant.

Back