Possible PTCGO changes? Some thoughts from the survey I just took...

jcgoble3

Aspiring Trainer
So this evening, I was emailed a link to a survey about the Pokemon TCG. The survey asked a number of questions about what type of Pokemon products I buy, how long I've been doing so, and so forth. Around the middle of the survey it started asking me where and how I typically buy physical TCG products, and then where and how I typically obtain online code cards (options such as purchasing individual code cards directly, getting them from physical products, from players that don't want them, etc.). Next, it asked me about prices for physical booster packs, as in what price would I consider too expensive to think about buying, what price would be so low that it would make me question the quality, what I would consider "getting expensive", and what I would consider a "bargain" or "great buy".

The intriguing part was that I was then asked the same questions about prices for digital booster packs. As with the physical packs, I was required to enter answers in dollars and cents. Could this suggest the possibility of the end of code cards and the introduction of microtransactions to the online game? I know Canadians have access to the purchase of Gems, with which they can purchase tradeable items in the in-game shop. I wonder if this survey suggests that they are considering expanding that worldwide or in some way replacing code cards with microtransactions.

Thoughts on this?

Back