Possible Future Deck

Emopanda133 said:
Lapras would be much better than Emolga in KelTiose, high HP, same typing, yeah, it has higher retreat, but Keldeo's Ability says Auto Switch.:D So I think Lapras>Emolga

Well...idk...as far as Darkrai goes Lapras is better because it's 10 HP short of being KO'd but a Darkrai with Dark Claw can still one shot it. And Raikou can still snipe it. Though, in the beginning of the game when you'll probably be using Lapras Darkrai and Raikou probably won't have enough energy to use those attacks.

I suppose it would be good to test both. I made the original list before I really knew about Emolga so I just figured Lapras would fit well.

Darkrai can't even get the T1 in HGSS-On consistently let alone get the T1 without Junk Arm in BW-On.

Darkrai is not a threat. Not many people will run Dark Claw either.

I run Darkrai with Dark Claw and I've gotten T1 Darkrai a few times. It's not about Consistancy, it's about the right hand.

Emopanda133 said:
I run Darkrai with Dark Claw and I've gotten T1 Darkrai a few times. It's not about Consistancy, it's about the right hand.

"The right hand" while very deadly, is very, very rare for example, to get a T1 Darkrai in this format you need the following:

the start of 2 darkrai (or darkrai and sableye, doesn't really matter here) and the hand of a juniper, and 4 dark energy. Then you have to attach one of them to the active darkrai/sableye and discard the rest with juniper. Then you have to be lucky enough to hit 3 of your 4 dark patch in your next 7 cards. Then use them to load darkrai, retreat, and attack. The odds of this happening are extremely low and every time you get this sort of set up, you're just getting lucky.

I like emolga>Lapras because you can search it out with level ball.

Yes, that's very true, it does take a lot of your patches, which isn't good late game, where I've found myself low on energy late game cuz it's all in the discard, but I still had enough DCE to build Krookodile up and sweep each time. But here's the thing, if your opponent, or you, drops a SkyArrow Bridge, T1 is way easier.

I think Darkrai is most definitely a threat. I just don't think a T1 is very likely but it does happen so it shouldn't be ruled out as a possibility.

Like I said earlier I'd have to test both Emolga and Lapras.

The Pikachu Mafia said:
I like emolga>Lapras because you can search it out with level ball.

But how many Level Balls are you really running in this deck? The Squirtle and Wartortle in the Blastoise line are the only searchable Pokemon with that card and if you put in Emolga that's still only 5 pokemon. I suppose you could run a 1 of line of Level Ball but I prefer not to do that if possible.

^ In hydregion/darkrai, level ball only searches out deino, it's stage 1 form ( can't remember the name :p ) and sableye ( not including techs) but that doesn't stop the play of 2-3 level ball. IMO I would play a search card to get a better search card BW-on, the option of J-arm and dual ball are gone, so even if level ball is restricted, it's still good enough to play...

The Pikachu Mafia said:
^ In hydregion/darkrai, level ball only searches out deino, it's stage 1 form ( can't remember the name :p ) and sableye ( not including techs) but that doesn't stop the play of 2-3 level ball. IMO I would play a search card to get a better search card BW-on, the option of J-arm and dual ball are gone, so even if level ball is restricted, it's still good enough to play...

I agree with this, I run a B&W-On deck and I there's nothing I'd rather have to get my Basics than Level Ball, or Ultra Ball for Darkrai and Tornadus. It just depends on your deck and Ball engine to use Emolga, Lapras, Elegym, etc.

Emopanda133 said:
I agree with this, I run a B&W-On deck and I there's nothing I'd rather have to get my Basics than Level Ball, or Ultra Ball for Darkrai and Tornadus. It just depends on your deck and Ball engine to use Emolga, Lapras, Elegym, etc.

I suppose it depends on your preference...I run a BW-on deck as well with about 6 basics that are searchable with Level Ball but I don't run any. And the deck's been working well for me so far so...:p I mean, I just don't like the idea of Level Ball taking up space that could be used for a pokemon tool, helpful supporter, or something.

Eh well, that's just me though I suppose :p

Back