POSSIBLE ANIME SPOILER THREAD!! Ash's Pidgeot to Return?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterryanx

N
Possible Spoiler Alert! If you don't want to be 'possibly' spoiled then I suggest you leave this thread...

Anyway, several days ago while watching one of the latest Japanese episodes (DP 24 Showdown! Satoshi VS Pikachu! to be exact...) a little something at the start of the episode caught my eye. They were showing clips of the 10th movie including one I had yet to see. It was several seconds of Ash riding upon a Pidgeot. After listening to Bulbacast 13 and a second glance, I started thinking. "I'd bet that's Ash's Pidgeot!" I mean, it'd make sense to bring back old characters with this being the tenth anniversary for the anime and all... =/

Anyway, if anything this is just guest appearance. There's no way Pidgeot's rejoining Ash, he's already got his new flying type (Mukkubird) and Pidgeot wasn't seen in another trailer scene, which included all of the cast's current Pokemon, including Buizel and Happiny... Not to mention the fact that it's an unwritten rule that nothing can be gained in a movie (as they don't always fit in perfectly with the series). So my guess is, if this indeed Ash's Pidgeot (and not some other Pidgeot) it'll be much like, oh, say, Charizard's appearance in Movie 3. So, ya, discuss!

Here are several screen shots I took:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/masterryanx/vlcsnap-66497.png

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/masterryanx/vlcsnap-66853.png

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/masterryanx/vlcsnap-152271.png

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/masterryanx/vlcsnap-152515.png

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/masterryanx/vlcsnap-152740.png

Tobi_Akatsuki's_Idiot

I choose you Ninja Brian!
Charizard only apperead in 4 because none of ah's other current pokes could put up a fight against Entei,

as to Ash's Pidegot, how in the world could it make the complete flight from the Viridian Forest to Sinnoh???

Max Shade IV

Pokémon Collector
Rickraptor77 said:
Charizard only apperead in 4 because none of ah's other current pokes could put up a fight against Entei,

as to Ash's Pidegot, how in the world could it make the complete flight from the Viridian Forest to Sinnoh???

1. it was the THIRD movie
2. True, a long flight it would be, but keep in mind Charizard made a long flight from one place to another, niether one on the johto map in GSC

masterryanx

N
Rickraptor77 said:

Well, you never know. Space, time, and other dimentions are all playing a part in this move, it's important to keep that in mind. Who knows, maybe Prof. Oak ran into it in the forest and sent it over to Ash. =/ We're just going to have to wait and see...

Max Shade IV

Pokémon Collector
masterryanx said:
Rickraptor77 said:

Well, you never know. Space, time, and other dimentions are all playing a part in this move, it's important to keep that in mind. Who knows, maybe Prof. Oak ran into it in the forest and sent it over to Ash. =/ We're just going to have to wait and see...

I seriously hope Pidgeot returns....I miss Ash's original team of Pikachu, Bulbasuar, Charizard, Squirtle, Butterfree and Pidgeotto (Now Pidgeot!!!) And, now that he constantly starts over with only Pikachu (And Aipom this upcoming season) it gets annoying. but what ticks me off is when he releases his top players! Charizard, Pidgeot, Primeape, Lapras, and Butterfree, the first pokemon he caught!

Well, lets hope for the return of an old friend, one of my favs, Pidgeot!

masterryanx

N
MaxPokémonMaster said:
masterryanx said:
Rickraptor77 said:

I seriously hope Pidgeot returns....I miss Ash's original team of Pikachu, Bulbasuar, Charizard, Squirtle, Butterfree and Pidgeotto (Now Pidgeot!!!)  And, now that he constantly starts over with only Pikachu (And Aipom this upcoming season) it gets annoying.  but what ticks me off is when he releases his top players!  Charizard, Pidgeot, Primeape, Lapras, and Butterfree, the first pokemon he caught!

Anyway, if this is in fact Ash's Pidgeot hopefully it will open up the possibility for more Pokemon to return. So far all we seen of Ash's 'long gone' Pokemon (Butterfree, Primape, Larvitar, Lapras, and Pidgeot) are short cameos in the 9th Japanese opening, Spurt.

I had screenshots laying around, here they are for anyone who wants to see them:

Lapras:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/masterryanx/vlcsnap-198372.png

Primape, but not very good:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/masterryanx/vlcsnap-197315.png

Butterfree:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/masterryanx/vlcsnap-198463.png

Larvitar and Pidgeot:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/masterryanx/vlcsnap-197756.png

Max Shade IV

Pokémon Collector
masterryanx said:
MaxPokémonMaster said:
masterryanx said:
Rickraptor77 said:

I seriously hope Pidgeot returns....I miss Ash's original team of Pikachu, Bulbasuar, Charizard, Squirtle, Butterfree and Pidgeotto (Now Pidgeot!!!)  And, now that he constantly starts over with only Pikachu (And Aipom this upcoming season) it gets annoying.  but what ticks me off is when he releases his top players!  Charizard, Pidgeot, Primeape, Lapras, and Butterfree, the first pokemon he caught!

Anyway, if this is in fact Ash's Pidgeot hopefully it will open up the possibility for more Pokemon to return. So far all we seen of Ash's 'long gone' Pokemon (Butterfree, Primape, Larvitar, Lapras, and Pidgeot) are short cameos in the 9th Japanese opening, Spurt.

I had screenshots laying around, here they are for anyone who wants to see them:

Lapras:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/masterryanx/vlcsnap-198372.png

Primape, but not very good:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/masterryanx/vlcsnap-197315.png

Butterfree:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/masterryanx/vlcsnap-198463.png

Larvitar and Pidgeot:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/masterryanx/vlcsnap-197756.png

hey, i never noticed pidgeot or larvitar there, onlty the T-Tar. lets hope not only for Pidgeot to return to Ash's side, but Butterfree, Lapras, Primeape, maybe even Larvitar. But most of all, i think everyone would like to see Charizard come to Ash's team, not only for an episode or two, but witha permanant space on Ash's belt.

masterryanx

N
MaxPokémonMaster said:
hey, i never noticed pidgeot or larvitar there, onlty the T-Tar.  lets hope not only for Pidgeot to return to Ash's side, but Butterfree, Lapras, Primeape, maybe even Larvitar.  But most of all, i think everyone would like to see Charizard come to Ash's team, not only for an episode or two, but witha permanant space on Ash's belt.

Eh, I find it highly unlikely that Charizard will ever return for good. If this 'starting over trend' continues that is, because he'd be way over powered. I do believe though that we'll keep seeing him every so often, near the end of story arcs at least when all of Ash's team has, for the most part, evolved all the way.

Max Shade IV

Pokémon Collector
True, but think about it, maybe charizard wont be on ash's team at all times, but everytime ash needs charizard, he has to call the Charicific Valley, and have him fly in.

Ash didnt get rid of Sceptile or Donphan just because they are fully evolved. i'm not saying he should constantly use guys like Pidgeot, Charizard, or Primeape, who are clearly some of the strongest pokemon he (formerly) owned, but he should at least have them stay with Oak. Quite personally, i'd like to see him take out guys like Totodile and Cyndaquil and train them. i would also like to see him use tauros more.

OMFG...how could we forget about the cutest and toughest member that Ash released? SQUIRTLE!!!!! I mean, i loved whenever someone threated or tried to intimidate him, then he'd pull out his Suirtle Squad Leader Sunglasses, and exspect them to know what it meant. there are so many pokemon ash has/used to have that he should use more often. i was most surpried in Battle Frontier when he brought in guys like Bulbasaur, Snorlax, and Phanpy (Who wound up evolving) or calling in Charizard and Squirtle, for the sole reason they were rarely, if not NEVER seen since Master Quest (Season five).

Max Shade IV

Pokémon Collector
who knows how it will happen and WHO CARES?!?!?!?!?!?

I mean, just ONE of them would be sweet, and i honestly believe Pidgeot, out of all of Ash's "trackers" (Pidgeotto, Noctowl, Tailow/Swellow) Pidgeotto was the coolest, and now, as a pidgeot, he has a tracker, along with a pokemon he can fly on!

B-Ray

The Stuff of Legends
wow didnt expect a slip-up from the one and only MPM. I donno if your keeping up on your Pokemon Episodes, but I believe that Ash GIVES his Squirtle to May. In fact, she was using him in a contest i think. Can anyone back me up on this?

And I think that is a great spoiler, Im a believer.

Blastoise king

Aspiring Trainer
Black Rayquaza said:
wow didnt expect a slip-up from the one and only MPM. I donno if your keeping up on your Pokemon Episodes, but I believe that Ash GIVES his Squirtle to May. In fact, she was using him in a contest i think. Can anyone back me up on this?

nope that a diffrent Squirtle it a new one

yugi_player

Not sure what to write here...
It would be really great to see Ash's previous ownde pokemon returnig to him, Pidgeott was the coolest.

Imagine, Ash with a T-Tar ^_^ just great.

Ash's old pokemon are great to, although, he only used some of them, remember muk? I only remember ash using it on Master Quest.(or indigo league I'm confused ~_~)

masterryanx

N
MazPokemonMaster said:
Ash didnt get rid of Sceptile or Donphan just because they are fully evolved.  i'm not saying he should constantly use guys like Pidgeot, Charizard, or Primeape, who are clearly some of the strongest pokemon he (formerly) owned, but he should at least have them stay with Oak.  Quite personally, i'd like to see him take out guys like Totodile and Cyndaquil and train them.  i would also like to see him use tauros more.

That's not what I meant. I meant hard-hitters like Charizard only seem to return once Ash's Pokemon are fully evolved, so it can sort of fit with the rest. You didn't see Ash calling on Charizard when Sceptile was still a Treeko. Yes, I'd really like to see him train Totodile and Cyndaquil as well, but I don't know about evolving them, Totodile would just not seem like Totodile to me anymore... Tauros got his moments in Battle Fronteir, Kingler is who I'm eager to see put in action again.

MaxPokemonMaster said:
OMFG...how could we forget about the cutest and toughest member that Ash released?  SQUIRTLE!!!!!  I mean, i loved whenever someone threated or tried to intimidate him, then he'd pull out his Suirtle Squad Leader Sunglasses, and exspect them to know what it meant.  there are so many pokemon ash has/used to have that he should use more often.  i was most surpried in Battle Frontier when he brought in guys like Bulbasaur, Snorlax, and Phanpy (Who wound up evolving) or calling in Charizard and Squirtle, for the sole reason they were rarely, if not NEVER seen since Master Quest (Season five).

Yup, I really liked the fact that he called upon his old team for Battle Fronteir. It was really nice to see Squirtle again, although since he was in Kanto he should have made an effort to find Pidgeot... =/ But I think the producers were saving him for something like this (the 10th anniversay of the anime not to mention it's the 10th movie, it's got to be epic)

Black Rayquaza said:

Nope, that would be May's own Squirtle that she obtained from Prof. Oak, as she was the only one it seemed to like.

Tobi_Akatsuki's_Idiot

I choose you Ninja Brian!
all i want to see in the anime is ash Standing with the 3 Pokes in my Sig(below Feraligatr, Charizard & Sceptile) i wanna feraligatr for ASH!!!

Adamant Jirachi

- Wishful Thinker -
well i dont know about you other people, but i would really REALLY!!! like to see these three old time fav's return to help out ash!:

Pigeot,
Primeape,

AND THE BEST WOULD HAVE TO BE LAPRAS!!!

to see these these return to help him would be my favourite of all eps!!!

:D

rayv142

Aspiring Trainer
I always was mad that ash released Pidgeot. It's nice to see it Again, hopefully permanently...

Status
Not open for further replies.