Pokemon Porygon2 = Ethanol?

bass_forte

ANet FTW.
This has probably been noticed before. Oh wells.

In science class the other day, we were modelling hydrocarbons (molecules containing Hydrogen and Carbon). It came to Ethanol, which has the structure:
poryethanol7kj.png
I kid you not.

Now, if you imagine that the 2 C's are the body, the O as the head, the H coming off the O as the beak, and the other 5 H's as legs and tail.. you get a vague Porygon2!

Well, do you think it's just coincidence that Ethanol is shaped so similar to Porygon2? Heh, Elevandar thought I was trying to make Pory2, not Ethanol! :rolleyes:

Note: The image will only read properly in a browser other than Internet Explorer, like, say, Firefox. IE can't read PNGs. Lazy Microsoft..

nice find, do you think you could assemble any that could make up a Porygon or a Porygon3...it would be kewl if you could do a Porygon 3 XDDD

It's more general shape than anything else. Given time, I could probably assemble a vague humanoid that I could pass off as Alakazam.

I just found it funny that we're adding mini Porygon2s to our petrol to make it more efficient! XD

We've been doing alot of Hydrocarbons and Ethanol for Chemistry at school. We did have to make models of them and all but I didnt think mine looked like a Porygon2. We have alot of jokes in class about Acetic Acid (CH3COOH) or anything that really has the Carboxyl group (COOH) in it. Yes, i'm a nerd at Chemistry if anyone was wondering :p

Ethanol however isnt shaped like a Porygon2, lol. The 3 Hydrogens and Hydroxide move off diagonally from the Carbons at equal lengths, not so that it looks like the picture, lol but I know what you mean.

Whee! Chemistry nerds unite! :rolleyes:

Yeah, well, despite them coming off at different lengths, it still looks uncannily like a Porygon2.

PS. You should've seen Elevandar's 3-Methylhex-5,6-eneoic acid. :rolleyes:

Lol. Unite we will!

Everytime we're making models of something, we tend to get a little carried away and make some Uber-molecule which doesnt exist of course but it's fun, lol.

I've always been interested in 2-hydroxypropanoic acid (i.e. Lactic Acid), dont know why those. My model of it looked so dirty, lol.

...Interesting observation. Quite. I would never have spotted it myself, maybe you have a bit TOO much Pokey-man on the brain. :p

But I do enjoy random finds like this. I found a character on some website that looked SUSPICIOUSLY like Chimecho that I'm pretty sure pre-dates R/S, or at least has little connection. I'll upload it later.

EDIT:
Here Disturbing resemblance in some ways, if you ask me.

RE:  Porygon2 = Ethanol?

Porygon said:
...Interesting observation. Quite. I would never have spotted it myself, maybe you have a bit TOO much Pokey-man on the brian. :p

But I do enjoy random finds like this. I found a character on some website that looked SUSPICIOUSLY like Chimecho that I'm pretty sure pre-dates R/S, or at least has little connection. I'll upload it later.

Just a comment about your sig Porygon. You said only because Shining Dark Porygon ex was taken. Well you could make it better

Holon's Shining Dark Porygon ex D (You know, d as in Delta species)

RE:  Porygon2 = Ethanol?

Porygon said:
...Interesting observation. Quite. I would never have spotted it myself, maybe you have a bit TOO much Pokey-man on the brain. :p

EDIT:
Here Disturbing resemblance in some ways, if you ask me.
Isn't that chimecho?
Anyway B_F, excellent observ'tion. :):):):):):):)

@_@ reading the first posts are making me dizzy... :p
random finds like these are rare... just when you don't expect something, there it is in front of your eyes...

Back