• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Porygon Z Mew3

Rbow85

Aspiring Trainer
Hey there, I was wondering if you could give me some advice into making this deck more consistent, either it bricks or it dominates.
The plan is to get Altered Creation on turn 2 and then trying to get Porygon Z setup so you can use Greedy Crush for 240 and extra prizes.

Gardeon and Greninja are used to give outs, through energy transfer. Naganadels there for its usual purpose.

##Pokémon - 19

* 2 Porygon UNB 154
* 1 Porygon2 UNB 156
* 2 Porygon-Z UNB 157
* 2 Mega Sableye & Tyranitar-GX UNM 126
* 2 Arceus & Dialga & Palkia-GX CEC 221
* 1 Naganadel-GX UNM 160
* 1 Gardevoir & Sylveon-GX UNB 130
* 2 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 2 Jirachi TEU 99
* 3 Mewtwo & Mew-GX PR-SM 191
* 1 Greninja-GX FLI 24

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 4 Cherish Ball UNM 191
* 2 Stealthy Hood UNB 186
* 3 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 2 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 2 Rare Candy SSH 180
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Escape Board UPR 122
* 3 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 3 Switch BLW 104

##Energy - 12

* 4 Recycle Energy UNM 212
* 4 Unit Energy {F}{D}{Y} FLI 118
* 4 Aurora Energy SSH 186

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

First 3 Issues I see:
1. You don't play enough card counts to consistently get Porygon-Z out. 2-1-2 is a relatively thin line and probably all that's necessary, but you also play low Rare Candy counts and don't max out Comm. This is probably why you're having "I either brick or I sweep" situations. Because if you do find all the pieces you'll be fine, but if not you almost just scoop on the spot.

2. Your only Altered Creation option is 2 Aurora Energy. You already have no way to search Special Energy but then you need to find 2 of the same kind on the first 2 turns of the game.

3. No gust. Without some way to gust, you opponent can just stick anything with more than 240 HP active and you can't take prizes. Even if you manage to kill a tag team, that's 5 prizes, not 6, so you're putting yourself at a turn of risk since, if they revenge KO (assuming they didn't already win in this scenario) you have to find all the pieces to Venom Shot, which is a 3rd Aurora Energy in addition to the 2 required to GX. Then you have to take into account things like Stamp, your opponent gusting/sniping Porygon-Z before killing Mew3.

Other issues I notice is that your Jirachi count is low considering it's the best thing you can pivot and you want to start it. Since it's a MewBox variant a lot of your Pokemon search needs to be dedicated to your techs, and since you're playing a Evolution integral to the strategy, you really don't want to be searching for Jirachi early game unless you have the nuts in hand.
It surprised me that you play 0 Tag Call since the 3 most important mons are Tag Teams and you're using all Special Energy. Also why do you play Recycle? The only attack you discard with is Venom Shot, and you play the whole Jirachi engine with Boards and Switches, so the benefit of retreating anything for free is minimized. And Switch is better because it lets you pivot in and out of Jirachi.

I'm not exactly sure how you could fix these issues other than just adding higher consistency card counts, changing your energy counts and finding space for an amount of Catchers, it's your deck so your testing is in your hands.

Back