• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Porygon-Z GX + Persian GX

Gabs Kazumi

Amateur Illustrator @kazumi.draws
Hi guys!

Sooo, we got a release date for the Porygon-Z GX Box (FINALLY!) and I want to build a deck around it. Based on Critical Error GX, that let you discard up to 10 cards from your deck at the cost of 1 Energy, I instantly thought of 2 different ways:

- Rotomotor Box: Porygon instantly power up all Rotom in the second turn, making it an ideal partner to the deck. However, the damage output of Rotom is low if not hitting for Weakness. Rotom Fan is viable to spread damage, but gets knocked out by all attacks, so I don't think it's viable after all.

- Persian GX: The strategy is the same, Porygon-Z ensures that Persian-GX's Vengeance does the max damage output for the whole game without relying on discard-based engines. Porygon-Z starts my game (and with Recycle Energy, it gets healed every turn!), and after it gets Knocked Out, Persian-GX ability is activated and it becomes the main attacker instead.

I made a prototype list, can you give me some suggestions?

Pokémon (19)

4 x Porygon UNB 154
2 x Porygon2 UNB 156
2 x Porygon-Z UNB 157
2 x Porygon-Z GX SM-P
3 x Meowth UNB 147
2 x Persian GX UNB 149
2 x Dunsparce CES 110
2 x Oranguru UPR 114

Trainer - Supporter (11)

1 x Giovanni's Exile
2 x Looker
2 x Lillie
2 x Sophocles
2 x Sightseer
2 x Tate & Liza

Trainer - Others (13)

3 x Rare Candy
3 x Mixed Herbs
2 x Escape Board
2 x Pokémon Communication
1 x Timer Ball
2 x Choice Band

Energy (17)

4 x Double Colorless Energy
4 x Triple Accel Energy
4 x Recycle Energy
3 x Warp Energy
2 x Draw Energy

- Oranguru UPR + Looker: Resource Management is ideal for the late game, because I discard a lot of things in this deck and it runs out very fast. By combining Oranguru with Looker, I rescue 3 cards of my choice in the next turn.

- Dunsparce CES: Strike and Run is possibly the best first attack I can get with this deck, because it prepares the whole field.

- Giovanni's Exile: After starting the game with Dunsparce (or in the worst case, Oranguru), I can get rid of them to power up Persian.

- Mixed Herbs: It cures Porygon-Z from its self-inflicted burn. I thought about including Cobalion GX + Steel Energies to prevent that, but my deck would get pretty Energy-heavy.

- Warp Energies, Tate & Liza, Escape Board: They are my switching tech in the game. With the baby Porygon-Z I get a free retreat with Warp Energy in the turn, Escape Board saves Meowth after using Caturday (in the worst start), Tate & Liza switch as a last resort.

By relying only in Special Energies, my worst matchup would be against a deck that breaks them. Enhanced Hammer, attacks that discard Special Energies from my Pokémon, or Abilities like Xurkitree's Flashing Head basically don't let me play the game. Maybe including a Power Plant would be good (even deactivating Persian GX's Ability too)?

Also, Fighting decks screw me up. We'll be getting Weakguard Energy in Unified Minds and maybe fitting some of them in this deck instead of Draw Energy would be a good thing.

Thanks for reading!

PS: As you can see, I really like the Colorless type in TCG (my last deck was a Silvally-GX one, that is still very fun to play hahah)

PS2: WHY TPCI DON'T GIVES US MORE COLORLESS SUPPORT AAAAAA

Back