Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Porygon and Slowpoke have been revealed from Pokemon Card 151! The set will release in Japan on June 16th and internationally as a special set this fall.
Thanks goes to JustInBasil for the translations!
Porygon – Colorless – HP60
Basic Pokemon
[C] Conversion 4: Choose [G], [R], [W], [L], [P], [F], [D], [M], or [N]. The Defending Pokemon’s Weakness is now that type until it leaves the Active Spot. (The amount of Weakness doesn’t change.)
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Ambassador

Aspiring Trainer
Fun fact: It's actually entirely possible that it's the same artist for both Porygon cards.

Imakuni is actually a Creatures employee (even though we all know him as an eccentric musician, that's always been a side-gig to his actual job) and Creatures seems to go through different approaches to attributing their in-company artists for any given phase of the TCG (CR CG gangs+co-credits during neo, CR CG gang co-credit dropped during e-Card, and then returned as 5ban Graphics BW-and-on).

So it may well be that Imakuni worked on it again – but at the very least it's still being kept internal to Creatures staff. Neat trivia.

ChaosTrainer

Aspiring Trainer
If Porygon's attack were an ability, even if it needed to be in the active spot to use, it'd have potential to combo hard with the Eeveelutions in this set. As it stands, though, you're never going to be able to combo with that effect.

PaisleyParks

A Story About Breaking a Curse
That's so cool, I've always wanted to see more crappy CG cards. Unfortunately he will never be as cool as Cool Porygon
ceb94d55ddf4fb6907e235773afa30cb048660c9e576b4a271d07b6cb4a95bca_1-jpg.17686

Attachments

• ceb94d55ddf4fb6907e235773afa30cb048660c9e576b4a271d07b6cb4a95bca_1.jpg
    ceb94d55ddf4fb6907e235773afa30cb048660c9e576b4a271d07b6cb4a95bca_1.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 247

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
I read it completely wrong, for some reason thought it actually give 4 different weakness to your opponent Pokemon and was wondering what would be the point of that

Bewear The TERRIBLE

Rogue TCG Player
Even with Spidops, they can still evolve to remove the effect. Or, simply attach a safety goggles to get rid of the weakness. Definitely interesting to see a Prygon with Conversion back in the game though. And who knows, they could come up with a Porygon-Z ex with an ability that allows it to change type based on a certain condition. 🤩💽

Last edited:

Porygonbail

Aspiring Trainer
I admittedly think they missed the point with the porygon card. Yeah its elements are an homage to the old card, but the only reason the old card looked the way it did was because they showcased basic computer graphics at work. a bit dissapointed, ngl

Happy with that slowpoke cardart though. oh to be a slowpoke just drifting in a pool in this summer heat with no thoughts.