Popular video games that make you go “meh”.

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
What are games you see a lot of people talking about but could never get into? Post "meh" games here!

For me it's shooting games. I just don't find them that fun. I prefer adventures/RPG's.

Infinity

Soccer Mom
Call of Duty. I don't know why so many people like it if it's the same game every release. The gameplay is also crap.

Wariopower

It's a ninetales Rory. =P
Pokemon.

Haha, jk. I'd have to say games that just make me go meh ar some Kirby games. I mean, I rocked Crystal Shards for months and months back in the day, but it just got boring after a while. If I wanted to be Kirby, I'd just play any Super Smash Bros. which is one of the best video games of all time.

One Approved

;
Advanced Member
Madden for the same reason Infinity says above. Also skyrim. Everybody flipped out about that game, but I don't think it's as good as everybody at my school made it to be.

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member
Sports titles, COD, Gears of War.

Cant take sports themed video games and COD/Gears have done nothing for me. Halo's great, but COD/Gears are just nothing special for me.

Guts

CyberPhunk
Infinity said:
Call of Duty. I don't know why so many people like it if it's the same game every release. The gameplay is also crap.

hammer time! said:
agree wit you raikou, i hate shooters and love actual QUALITY games

so many things wrong with these statements lol

I've never liked Starcraft that much. A lot of my friends play it, and it's one of the most popular MLG-oriented games out there, but I just don't find it fun.

Spammy

8^)
SL is a CoD fanboy :>

I love RPGs and adventures. I play war sims and FPS games as well. Recently I've gotten in RTS.

As far as popular games that make me go "meh" I'd have to say Left 4 Dead series, Grand Theft Auto series, and any sports game (including racing).

Everyone has their own tastes. =)

RPGs are my favorite games of all time. Can't get enough of them. Adventure games are great too, full of discovery!

Guts

CyberPhunk
I am indeed a CoD fanboy, but I don't let that fact blind me from what makes a game good or bad. It's certainly popular, but it's in no way a bad game or bad series.

Spammy

8^)
I think people hate more the fact that it sells more than what people think it should, i.e. their favorite games don't sell as well as CoD, and they think their favorite games are superior for one reason or another.

Understandable.

I'm not really one to play games for adrenaline or military strategy, and as far as I can understand that's the bulk of what CoD, BF3, etc. has to offer. I do play them though, they can be fun. Just not for extended periods of time for me.

Luckyfire

Aspiring Trainer
I've never really liked Skylanders. I wasted about $100 on that thing. After I finished it, I got bored and abandoned the game and its figures. Note to self: don't be tempted to buy any games that need extra money to complete it. -.-

The Yoshi

Wumbo
sillykyle said:
Super Mario Frustration. I still have yet to beat world 1-1.

The above, and really any game that is hyped anywhere (eg. TV, magazines, etc.) and turns out to be a waste of my time. For example, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic (Winter) Games were the biggest time wasters. Good thing I got them as gifts, otherwise I wouldn't have considered getting them.

J

Juliacoolo

I don't like a lot of FPS as well. I actually enjoy 3PS games a lot more.

I

Incinermyn

I've basically written off all games that aren't for Nintendo's systems, especially anything for X-Box or Kinect. From my experience, non-Nintendo games are all just flashy and not much fun at all. Kinect games are especially bad because they're mostly ripoffs or reversionings of ones like Wii Sports.

Lol @hammar time

Anyway, I actually enjoy Call of Duty, most of its hate is undeserved. Obviously, its gameplay is extremely repetive, and the realeases aren't that different drom each other, but besides those flaws, one which many franchises's have(including Pokémon), its quite enjoyable. Yah know, except when your annoying friends won't let you do anything else, and you have to play it for hours. also zombies suck

Now, to answer the topic, I just can't get into Halo. Not for a specific reason, but I just don't like it.

I

Incinermyn

Hyper said:
^You wrote off Assassin's Creed? How sad :(

I've never been too fond of action games period. That's basically all I've ever seen advertised or for sale for X-Box. I'm also very picky about what games I own. Anything with intense violence is just dumb in my books

Ice

Returnee
Luckyfire said:
I've never really liked Skylanders. I wasted about $100 on that thing. After I finished it, I got bored and abandoned the game and its figures. Note to self: don't be tempted to buy any games that need extra money to complete it. -.-

lol why would you spend 100 dollars on little monster toys lolz?

Guts

CyberPhunk
hammer time! said:
lol why would you spend 100 dollars on little monster toys lolz?

lol why would you spend 40 dollars on little pocket monsters lolz?

And I understand why some people would shy away from games with a good amount of violence, but some manage to balance those elements with good gameplay and a great story (see: Mass Effect).