• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Poorly Recived Deck #1.5 Ho-Oh LEGEND (with Ursaring Prime)

icyFREEZEdragon

royal crown chinpokomaster
A Deck based on the most hated card in the HGSS set, Ho-Oh LEGEND, as well as one of the most ignored and sometimes, ridiculed card, Ursaring Prime. The strategy is to give Ho-Oh LEGEND DCE for it's cost and regular Fire to discard. Typhlosion Prime and Ninetales help out in this deck. Ursaring Prime has just been added for backup. Had recently changed this for the MD-on rotation. I predict that the vast majority of this forum is going say that this deck is horrible and that I need to use a completely different deck or whatever.

Pokemon

2-2 Ho-Oh LEGEND [HGSS]
2 Teddiursa [UL]
2 Ursaring (Prime) [UL]
3 Typhlosion Prime [HGSS]
2 Quilava [HGSS]
3 Cyndaquil [HGSS]
3 Ninetales [HGSS]
3 Vulpix [UL]
2 Uxie [LA]

Trainers

2 Energy Exchange Unit [UL]
2 Professor Oak’s New Theory [HGSS]
2 Warp Point [HGSS]
2 Rare Candy [UL]
1 Luxury Ball [SF]
1 Legend Box [UD]
3 Bebe's Search [RR]
4 Pokemon Communication [HGSS]
1 Lucian's Assignment [RR]

Energy

4 DCE [HGSS]
2 Rainbow Energy [HGSS]
12 Fire Energy

How bad is it?

Litdaze

Anti-Pokemon SP
Well...
Ho-oh is not a really great card.
I can say Ursaring is better.

- 2-2 Ho-oh Legend
+ 1-0-1 Nidoking RR
+ 1-0-1 Exploud SV

This might help, nidoking will add 2 damage couters everytime your foe's active damage attacks you, and exploud will take out your ursaring's fighting weakness.

Now for typhlosion.
Use like 3-2-3 (1 Prime 2 HGSS) use the prime only to get fire energies and waste them by doing 120 damage.

With that add Fisherman so you can retrieve 4 basic energy back into your hand.

Tsukeo

Skitty is so cute! <3
He need help with his Ho-oh deck, that doesnt mean you just should say he should drop it. Ho-oh is decent if you can get the energies.

Feraligatr + Energy Link is good.

Attach water energies to Gatr and attach a Energy Link to both to move all Water from Gatr to Ho-oh.
And since all energies to Ho-oh becomes Fire, this is fast. ^^

cyndalaphlosion

Aspiring Trainer
Drop ursaring, ho-oh is decent enough to attack on its own. How? Well let me give you my take on this.

Max out legend boxes, auto set-up is great and fast. Crobat engine to help get some ko's that ho-oh can't get with 100. Expert belts are a given to boost hp and damage. More uxies! Sableye or spiritomb for a starter. Here's a scenario...

your facing a charizard deck, t1, you go first. You have sableye and they have charmander.

t1
you draw whatever and get oak to switch up. they attach a fire energy and call for family.
t2
you use legend box and set up ho-oh, uxie for draw. warp point to ho-oh and there goes charmander.

Legend box donks hard if your lucky, or you eventually set up with all those cards and eventually win. Not a bad deck, just needs some tweaking.