Tournament Poll - Should We Allow Team-up In February?

JGB146

♫♪.ılıl|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lılı.♫♪
We are considering a shift to delaying the tournaments by a week or so to allow for play of the newest sets in the months where they come out. The idea here is to give you guys an opportunity to test things out competitively before they hit live events. This would mean we start allowing things as legal for our tournaments pretty much as soon as they are out on PTCGO, regardless of the IRL legality dates.

We'd love to hear your thoughts and have a discussion on this (so feel free to reply!), but we also need to get some metrics behind who likes the idea and who doesn't.

Please like one of the following two posts in order to indicate your preference.

JGB146

Like this post if you agree...

I like the idea of playing the latest sets as fast as possible. Let's delay the February tournament for 7-10 days in order to allow for participants to play Team Up cards!

JGB146

Like this post if you agree...

I like the way things have been going. With real prizes on the line, I'd prefer to let the dust settle before playing with new sets. Let's start things February 1 and have it cover SM-base through the Eeveelution GX promos.

Vaskemaskinen

Henlo ^^
The problem with delaying it just so the people that have accuired the cards in time get to play with their new tools seems unfair.
For example say there is a new Staple 2-3-of in every deck type of card which cost 20 pscks of the recent set. Then you have like 7-9 day to stress it out and buy it within the most inflated price. People who try to keep their budget will struggle partially with this. Also some sets might just make your main deck useless and needs you to make a totally new deck which can be expensive.

But also i do see the argument for doing it so it is a good way to test with new cards, but PTCGO already have the ability to play with the new set as soon as it hits street date.

I hope we will continue like we do now!

birdboy2000

Bird Keeper
I like the idea, it feels weird to be playing a format that's basically obsolete for a month. That said, I'd really prefer it to be closer to the 10 day side than the 7 day side of the equation, to give more time for card acquisition and testing before we have to finalize our lists.

Audiofreak19

Aspiring Trainer
I agree with holding off on Feb tournament to use team up. Doesn’t give any time to accrue cards and quickly test or build a deck not under pressure. I think it should wait until March.

JumpluffTCG

Aspiring Trainer
Yes! I was just thinking this but I never thought it would actually happen. I really support having Team Up and avoid having to play a dead format for a month. It would also be interesting to see what people here would come up with before tournament results come out. If implemented in a way that gives people enough time to accrue cards, I think this would also reward good deckbuilding in our monthly tournaments.

bidou

Aspiring Trainer
I think it doesn't leave enough time to everybody to grab the new cards on PTCGO before the beginning of the tournament.
It will make a large majority of us spending too much to acquire a bunch of cards in the first days of this new release whereas it would be much cheaper to wait for a price decrease.

I would prefer to play February with a SUM-LOT format, and march with the addition of Team Up.

Panzerolas

Aspiring Trainer
i don't like the idea, in Portugal is very hard to get any boosters before the release day, so i wouldn't have the chance to get any of the cards i want before like 5 or 10 of february, and the set by then is not even legal for normal league play.

Mora

Don't Panic
I voted. Don't I get like a sticker or something?

Are any of these tournaments going to be Expanded? Haven't played in ages; I have one Standard deck, and it's terrible.

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
Probably best to hold off on the start date. Recently, new sets have been releasing at the very beginning of a month, and I'd hate it if new set releases clashed with deck submission deadlines. That would cause confusion.

Would personally try for having start dates coincide with main set legality.