JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
A new Politoed and Poliwrath line have been revealed from the twin sets Time Gazer and Space Juggler, which will release in Japan on April 8th. We expect many of these cards to join those from Battle Region in our May set, Astral Radiance!
Thanks goes to Bangiras for the translations!
Poliwag – Water – HP60
Basic Pokemon
[W] Bounce Back: 10 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon during your opponent’s next turn.
Weakness: Lighting (x2)...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath/Politoed - I need some ruling here, it seems to be confusing. Anyway, if we have some to cheat these nuggets, this Politoed might be decent. Not the best, but decent. 2/2/3,3-4 Geodudes

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
So 280 if you have all of them? Cool idea, but definitely not worth it, even after VMAX rotates out.

Gethbert

I Miss Fairy Type
Fun, maybe in pre realise or something with less meta decks (mew) as 280 is great, also 2C makes me sad that twin will rotate :(

gema5

Aspiring Trainer
Variety of types makes this deck able to hit more weaknesses. Poliwrath can 1shot arceus, so its something to be aware

McPhoodleDoodle

Aspiring Trainer
I don’t care that these aren’t playable. Poliwhirl is my favorite Pokémon and I love this line in general! Definitely picking these all up for my collection! :D

LightYearLiam

Politoed's attack is interesting enough and somewhat powerful, and I like that Poliwrath is a Fighting-type with Water attack costs (I love it when they do stuff like that), but did they have to make the Poliwrath's attacks so boring? Also, in today's day and age, they shouldn't be making Stage 2s with 140 HP except in incredible circumstances.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath/Politoed - I need some ruling here, it seems to be confusing. Anyway, if we have some to cheat these nuggets, this Politoed might be decent. Not the best, but decent. 2/2/3,3-4 Geodudes
Poor nuggets shouldn't be hinted at now, unless you want a current-cycle run, or if you play Expanded: When this coming sept. hits, nuggets and the rest of their D block brethen are gone from Standard. And without nuggets, that idea needs a Vaporeon vmax for the water bench-from-discard attack, two poliwag(in addition to the unevolved and third), one for poliwhirl, and one to use rare candy on to work... Or not...

Even then, too clunky?

Last edited:

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
would 3 benched poliwag stack?
No. Not two or more of the same stage. And since some decks use Avery, you can't have a vmax or any other pokemon, regardless of stage, in play at same time on top of active politoed, and benched Poliwag, poliwhirl, and poliwrath w/o risking a part of your combo being thrown to discard by opponent player use of Avery... Hence the question: Is this idea likely to be too clunky and/or too slow to materialize?

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Poor nuggets shouldn't be hinted at now, unless you want a current-cycle run, or if you play Expanded: When this coming sept. hits, nuggets and the rest of their D block brethen are gone from Standard. And without nuggets, that idea needs a Vaporeon vmax for the water bench-from-discard attack, two poliwag(in addition to the unevolved and third), one for poliwhirl, and one to use rare candy on to work... Or not...

Even then, too clunky?
Sacking a 3-prizer for setup isn't worth it.