TCG Fakes My early Pokémon TCG Faking Experiences

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Hi! My name is... well, actually, just call me Charmaster. (Number 1 rule of social media: never share your real name.) I discovered Pokebeach while looking for a picture of the contents of the first Trainer's Toolkit, and for about a year I used Pokebeach as my source of Pokemon TCG news. Not long after discovering Pokebeach, I began exploring the forums and discovered CardPone's Omnium: Frontiers Renewed and Jabberwock's Black and White: Plasma Revival. I was well versed with the Pokemon card maker websites you find strewn across the fabric of the World Wide Web, and had even made a few cards myself using them in the distant past, but I didn't realize that people were making entire sets of high-quality custom Pokemon cards, much less that there was an entire community of custom card designers, template crafters, and artisans dedicated to the creation, improvement, and publication of custom Pokemon cards. After some investigation, I decided to try crafting a few cards myself. (Actually I began by making long lists of cards that I planned to make, but I sensibly decided to abandon these lists after discovering for myself how much was involved in making a card. Since then I've just been making random cards and participating in events like the CaC (or Create a Card) contest or the Fakers Marathon.) For a while, I was even working on a custom template, which integrated elements from CardPone's Omnium template with elements by Aschefield's e-card template (and even IcyCatElf's/Nekoban Ryo's glowing type orbs), but that project is currently on standby until I have more time (and until I've learned the controls for Photoshop more fully than I ever learned the controls of Photopea, which will give me much more freedom and ease while designing the template). With Legends Arceus coming out and the entire game getting leaked/pirated days before release (and with my Pokemon Center preorder for the aforementioned game being delayed by a few weeks), I've decided to go off the grid for a while. I have a few other reasons for doing so, such as trying to spend less time thinking about buying Pokemon cards and more time enjoying the cards I already have, and giving myself more time to practice painting with watercolors. Before I go off the grid, however, I still have to finish my entry for my most recent Create a Card Contest. Then I'll probably dive back into watercoloring in a week or two. My goal is to paint thirty watercolor paintings (each featuring one or more Pokemon and being designed with use as card illustrations in mind). I'm not setting myself a time limit, I just aim to paint thirty pieces, and then I'll see where I go from there. I will upload any artwork that I make to my DeviantArt profile as I make it. In any case, I hope you enjoy looking at my cards, artwork, and even perhaps my eager speculations and pipe dreams of yesteryear.

Here is where I have uploaded all of my art. (https://www.deviantart.com/charmaster04)
(If you want to use any of my art for a project (such as for making a custom Pokemon card of your own), feel free! Please, however, read the terms of use in the description of each Deviation and in my Profile Comments.

Here is my cards gallery, created using CardPone's own cards gallery as a template. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zbG05uKOJwNHlQOjd-zL3jsMsxIqs4Hivm-VBkOFxu8/edit?usp=sharing)
I will probably add new cards to this spreadsheet instead of to this page. Although they will be few and far between.

I'm currently on the fence as to whether or not I should release my incomplete custom template as it currently stands, or whether I should keep it private until I have finished it.

This was the thread that I first created when I first began dipping my toes into the Pokémon TCG Fakers Community. Much of this thread is occupied by my early text fakes, a few of my earliest image fakes, and several eager but, as I would later discover, presumptuous and ultimately unfulfilled announcements for sets that I intended to (but never got around to) making. I intend to start a new thread that I will be using in future, but I will leave this thread standing for the sake of posterity. Please take note that neither Winter Wonders nor Tundra Treasures, nor even the Amazing Rare Collection, will ever be completed. The custom template I mention at the end, however, IS an ongoing project that I intend to complete and, what’s more, publish for public use. It is not quite finished yet, but it is nearing completion. I hope to finish it in a month, though perhaps it might be closer to two. [EDIT: THE PROJECT HAS NOW BEEN POSTPONED, BUT I INTEND TO COME BACK TO IT AT A LATER DATE.]
The first page of my thread is primarily taken up with text fakes and wild speculation, so if you just want to see my image fakes, skip to page 2.
NOTE: I created these set lists when I first began contemplating making a custom Pokémon TCG set, but long before I knew how much effort goes into making a set of any size, or even a single card. As such, neither of these lists reflect my current or future plans for Lackey. I will enclose all posts from this "dreaming" period in spoilers with the label "Archived: [fill in the blank]" to make it quicker to find the first post where I actually start doing things, which I think is a better idea than deleting them because then they are still there to be read by those who are interested.
I have been working on a possible set for Lackey, the first time I have ever attempted such a project.
Below is the new list for my first set, Diamond and Pearl: Tundra Treasures. I will include more info at a later date.
Holo Rare’s
1. Aggron
2. Aurorus
3. Chandelure
4. Crobat
5. Dragapult
6. Omastar
7. Tyrantrum
8. Walrein
Rare’s
9. Absol
10. Aerodactyl
11. Altaria
12. Boltund
13. Coalossal (GL) SP
14. Dubwool
15. Galarian Slowbro
16. Galarian Slowking
17. Lapras (GL) SP
18. Relicanth
19. Trevenant
Uncommon’s
20. Alcreamie (GL) SP
21. Amaura
22. Centiscorch (GL) SP
23. Drakloak
24. Drednaw (GL) SP
25. Duraludon (GL) SP
26. Eldegoss (GL) SP
27. Gengar (GL) SP
28. Golbat
29. Greedant
30. Lairon
31. Lampent
32. Machamp (GL) SP
33. Obstagoon (GL) SP
34. Omanyte
35. Sealeo
36. Tyrunt
Common’s
37. Aron
38. Charmander
39. Cyndaquil
40. Dedenne
41. Delibird
42. Frosmoth (GL) SP
43. Galarian Slowpoke
44. Litwick
45. Phantump
46. Shuckle (GL) SP
47. Skwovet
48. Spheal
49. Swablu
50. Torchic
51. Wooloo
52. Yamper
53. Zubat
Trainer
54. Berry Juice
55. Bird Keeper’s Training Routine.
56. Caboose Park
57. Circhester
58. Gourdie’s Mellow-ness
59. Jaw Fossil
60. Lumious City Station
61. Luxury Ball Prism Star
62. Melony’s Reconciliation
63. Metronome
64. Peony’s Resolution
65. Quick Ball Prism Star
66. Rare Candy
67. Rose’s Vision
68. Sail Fossil
69. Snowball
70. Spiral Fossil
71. Timer Ball Prism Star
72. Wally’s Empathy
73. Wyndon
Special Energy
74. Frost Energy
Holo Rare Lv. X
75. Aurorus Lv. X
76. Dedenne Lv. X
77. Dragapult Lv. X
78. Galarian Slowbro Lv. X
79. Omastar Lv. X
80. Tyrantrum Lv. X
Ultra Rare ex
81. Galarian Articuno ex
82. Galarian Moltres ex
83. Galarian Zapdos ex
Ultra Rare LEGEND
84. Latios & Latias LEGEND #1
85. Latios & Latias LEGEND #2
86. Xernese & Yvelta LEGEND #1
87. Xernese & Yvelta LEGEND #2
88. Regieleki & Regidrago LEGEND #1
89. Regieleki & Regidrago LEGEND #1
Secret Rare
90/89. Cramorant Lv. X (shiny)
As you can see, my set is now a quite reasonable 90 cards in size. More info will be posted as progress is made.
Below is contained the list for my first over-ambitious set list. This 189 card mammoth was simply too large for Lackey review and so, on the advise of the Lackey counsel, I cut the set down considerably.
I have now finished the card data additions and can return to card designing. Note that, since I am starting with the card text and making the cards later, this has been posted as a sort of “text gallery” to keep all my card texts pinned down in numerical order (for my benefit just as much as yours... I really wasn’t taking a very organized approach to this project).
1/77: Snover
2/77: Abomasnow
3/77: Snom
100 HP (G) type
Poké-Body: Dual Permafrost Armor
As long as this Pokémon has any Frost energy attached to it, this Pokémon is both (G) and (W) type.
Attack 1: (G) First Impression 20+
If this Pokémon was on your Bench and became your Active Pokémon during this turn, this attack does 60 more damage.
Attack 2: (G)(G)(C) U-Turn 50
Switch this Pokémon with one of your Benched Pokémon.
Weakness: (Flying)(R) x2
Resistance: N/A
Retreat: (C))C)
Charmander
40 HP (R) Type
Attack 1: (C)(C) Merry Bonfire 20+
This attack does 20 more damage times the number of Pokémon with Merry Bonfire in your discard pile. Then, shuffle all Pokémon in your discard pile with Merry Bonfire into your deck.
Weakness: (w) +10
Retreat: (C)
Flareon
90 HP (R) Type
Ability: Merry Gathering
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may look at the top three cards of your deck, reveal them, and discard all Pokémon with Merry Bonfire. Shuffle the other cards into your deck.
Attack 1: (R)(R)(C) Flamethrower 70
Discard one (R) energy from this Pokémon.
Weakness: (W) +20
Retreat: (C)(C)
Cyndaquil:
50 HP (R) Type
Ability: Fan the Flames
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may discard a Pokémon with Merry Bonfire from your hand. If you do, draw 2 cards.
This attack does 20 more damage times the number of Pokémon with Merry Bonfire in your discard pile. Then, shuffle all Pokémon in your discard pile with Merry Bonfire into your deck.
Torchic
50 HP (R) Type
Ability: Rambunctious Flare
If you draw this Pokémon at the beginning of your turn, you may discard it and draw another card.
Attack 1: (R)(C)(C) Merry Bonfire 20+
Rolycoly
50 HP (R) type
Attack 1: (C) Generate Coal 10
Search your deck for a (F) Energy card and put it in your discard pile. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
Weakness: (W) +10
Carkol
80 HP (R) type
Attack 1: (C)(C) Tackle 30
Attack 2: (F)(C)(C) Wild Tackle 80
Put two damage counters on this Pokémon.
Retreat: (C)(C)(C)
Coalossal ex
170 HP (R) type
Ability: Permafrost Armor
As long as this Pokémon has any Frost energy attached to it, this Pokémon is both (R) and (F) type.
Attack 1: (R)(R) Magma Mend 30
Attach a (R) Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokémon and remove 5 damage counters from this Pokémon.
Attack 2: (R)(R)(R)(R) Frenzied Eruption 200
Discard two (R) Energy from this Pokémon and put 5 damage counters on this Pokémon.
Weakness: (W)(G) x2
Retreat: (C)(C)(C)(C)
Alolan Vulpix
50 HP (W) Type
Ability: Lost Tail Lure
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may put this card and all cards attached to it into the Lost Zone. (This counts as Knocking it Out.) If you do, move up to six damage counters on any of your opponent’s Pokémon to any of your opponent’s other Pokémon in any way you like.
Attack 1: (N/A) Aurora Ray
Search your deck for up to three basic Energy cards of different types, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
Weakness: (M) +10
Alolan Ninetales
90 HP (W) Type
Ability: Nine Allures
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may discard 2 (W) Energy cards from your hand. If you do, switch 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon with his or her active Pokémon.
Attack 1: (C)(C)(C) Color Coordination 50+
If this Pokémon has any basic Energy attached to it that are the same type as the Defending Pokémon, this attack does 40 more damage.
Weakness: (M) +20
Lapras
80 HP (W) Type
Ability: Perish Song Allure
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may put this card and all cards attached to it into the Lost Zone (this counts as Knocking it Out). If you do, put as many Pokémon from your opponent’s discard pile as you like onto his or her bench.
Attack 1: (W)(W)(W)(W) Hyper Flurry 20x
This attack does 20 damage times the number of energy attached to your opponent’s active Pokémon. This attack then does 20 damage to each of your opponent’s benched Pokémon.
Lapras BREAK
120 HP (W)
Attack 1: (W)(W)(C) Renaissance de Elite 30
This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent’s benched Pokémon that has any damage counters on it. (Don’t apply Weakness or Resistance for Benched Pokémon.) If you played Loreli from your hand during this turn, this attack does 30 damage to each of those Pokémon instead.
16/77: Suicune
Relicanth
80 HP (W) type
Attack 1: (C) Prehistoric Wisdom
Choose a card from your hand and put it in the Lost Zone. Draw 3 cards from the bottom of your deck.
Attack 2: (W) Cambrian Relics
Put an Energy attached to this Pokémon in the Lost Zone. Shuffle 3 Item Cards from your discard pile into your deck.
Weakness: (G) +20
Piplup
60 HP (W) type
Attack 1: (W)(W)(W) Bubble Hold 50
If the Defending Pokémon is a Basic Pokémon, that Pokémon can’t attack during your opponent’s next turn.
Weakness: (G) +10
Prinplup
80 HP (W) type
Attack 1: (W)(C)(C) Fury Attack 20x
Flip 3 coins. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads.
Attack 2: (W)(W)(W) Direct Dive
Discard all (W) Energy attached to this Pokémon. This attack does 80 damage to one of your opponent’s benched Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Benched Pokémon.)
Empoleon
130 HP (W) type
Ability: Steely Frost
As long as this Pokémon has Frost Energy attached to it, all (W) and (M) Energy attached to your active Pokémon provide both (W) and (M) Energy but only provide one Energy at a time.
Attack 1: (W)(W) Attack Command 10x
This attack does 10 damage times the number of Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponent’s).
Weakness: (E) +30
21/77: Mantyke
22/77: Glaceon
23/77: Galarian Darumaka
24/77: Galarian Darmanitan
Arrokuda
50 HP (W) Type
Ability: Slamin’ the Salmon
If you discard any Energy from your Pokémon or hand by effect of the attacks of your active Pokémon that has Cramorant in its name, you may treat this Pokémon as if it were an Energy and discard it in place of an Energy.
Attack 1: (W) Schooling
Search your deck for as many Arrokuda as you like and put them onto your bench. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
Weakness: (G) Type +10
Barreskewda
90 HP (W) Type
Ability: Hook n’ Reel
When the attacks of this Pokémon do damage to one of your opponent’s benched Pokémon, you may flip a coin. If heads, switch that Pokémon with your opponent’s active Pokémon.
Attack 1: (W)(W) Targeted Skewer
Choose one of your opponent’s benched Pokémon. This attack does ten damage to that Pokémon for each damage counter on that Pokémon.
Weakness: (G) Type +20
27/77: Eiscue
28/77: Electabuzz
29/77: Mareep
30/77: Flaafy
Ampharos
120 HP (L) type
Ability: Turbo Acceleration Charge
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve one of your Pokémon, you may flip three coins. For each heads, search your deck for a basic Energy card, reveal it, and attach it to one of your Pokémon. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
Attack 1: (L)(L)(L) Staggered Charge 50+
If this Pokémon used Staggered Charge during your last turn, this attack does 50 more damage.
Weakness: (F) +30
Resistance: (M) -20
32/77: Electivire
33/77: Electrivire BREAK
Dedenne ex
80 HP
Ability: Dedecircuit
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may discard a hard from your hand. Then search for discard pile for a card (excluding the card you discarded with this ability) and put it on the bottom of your deck. Then draw a card. You cannot use more than one Dedecircuit ability per turn.
Attack 1: (C) Zzrt! 20
Discard all (L) Energy attached to Dedenne. This attack does 30 damage for each Energy you discarded in this wa
Weakness: (F)(M) x2
Slowpoke
60 HP (P) Type
Attack 1: (C) Energy Lure
Shuffle 2 basic Energy cards from your discard pile into your deck.
Attack 2: (C)(C) Scavenge
Discard all Energy attached to this Pokémon. For each Energy you discarded in this way, put an Item Card from your discard pile into your Hand.
Slowbro
80HP [P] Type
Stage 1 Evolves from Slowpoke
Ability: Strange Behavior
As often as you like during your turn (before you attack), you may move 1 damage counter from 1 of your Pokémon to this Pokémon as long as you don’t Knock Out this Pokémon. This power can’t be used if this Pokémon is affected by a Special Condition.
[W][W] Mysterious Downpour 20+
This attack does 10 more damage times the number of damage counters on this Pokémon. Put all Energy attached to this Pokémon into the Lost Zone.
Weakness: [P] +20
Retreat: [C][C]
37/77: Espeon
38/77: Slowking
39/77: Dreepy
40/77: Drakloak
Dragapult
130 HP (P) type
Attack 1: (P) Sudden Raid 40+
Flip a coin. If heads, prevent all effect of attack done to this Pokémon during your opponent’s next turn. If tails, this attack does nothing. If you evolved this Pokémon during this turn, treat the coin flip as if it were heads and this attack does 20 more damage.
Attack 2: (P)(P) Phantom Forces 70
Put one damage counter on your opponent’s Pokémon for each of your benched Pokémon in any way you like.
Weakness: (D) +30
Resistance: (F) -20
Retreat: N/A
Shuckle ex
90 HP (F) type
Ability: Slow Fermentation
If you have a Tool card with Berry in its name to this Pokémon during your last turn or earlier, you may remove that tool card from this Pokémon and Shuffle it into your deck. If you do, search your deck for a Berry Juice or Rare Candy and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
Attack 1: (F)(F) Rollout 20
This attack does twice as much damage as it did during your last turn before applying weakness, resistance, Poké-Powers, Poké-Bodies, Abilities, or any other effects on this or your opponent’s active Pokémon of that turn.
Weakness: (W)(F) x2
43/77: Swinub
44/77: Piloswine
45/77: Combusken
Blaziken
130 HP (F) type
Attack 1: (R) Kindling
Discard a (R) Energy from this Pokémon. If you do, search your discard pile for 3 (R) Energy cards and attach them to your benched Pokémon in any way you want.
Attack 2: (R)(F)(C) Send ‘Em Beyond! 60
Your opponent switches his or her active Pokémon with one of his or her benched Pokémon. If your opponent’s active Pokémon was knocked out by this attack, your opponent shuffles that Pokémon and all cards attached to it into his or her deck instead of discarding them.
Weakness: (P) +30
47/77: Mamoswine
48/77: Umbreon
49/77: Sneasel
Weavile
80 HP (D) type
Ability: Frosty Cleave
If this Pokémon has any Frost Energy attached to it and it is Pokémon Checkup, discard the top card of your opponent’s deck.
Attack 1: (D)(C) Rotating Claws 30
You may discard an Energy attached to this Pokémon. If you do, search your discard pile for an Energy card (excluding the one you discarded) and attach it to this Pokémon.
Attack 2: D)(C)(C) Beat Up 20x
Flip a coin for each of your Pokémon in play. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads.
Weakness: (F) +20
Resistance: -20
51/77: Aron
52/77: Lairon
53/77: Aggron
Delibird
70 HP (Flying) Type
Ability: Stash of Generosity
When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your bench (before you attack), you may search your deck for an item card and use its effect as the effect of this ability. Then put that item card into your hand. If you do, your turn ends.
Attack 1: (C)(C) Present
Flip three coins. If exactly 1 is heads, this attack does 40 damage. If exactly 2 are heads, remove 3 damage counters from your opponent’s active Pokémon. If all 3 are heads, the defending Pokémon is knocked out. If none of them are heads, remove all damage counters from the defending Pokémon.
Weakness: (?) Type
Resistance: (?) Type
Swablu
40 HP (Flying) type
Ability: Fluffy Hat
Once during your turn, when you play a Supporter Card from your hand, you may play this card from your hand onto that Supporter Card and draw an additional card. (If the Supporter card tells you to draw cards until you have a certain number of cards in your hand or until the number of cards in your hand is the same as the number of cards in your opponent’s hand, draw one more card than that number.
Attack 1: (C) Wing Flick 10
Your opponent switches the Defending Pokémon with one of his or her benched Pokémon.
Weakness: (L) +10
Altaria
80 HP (Flying) type
Ability: Frosty Wings
If this Pokémon has any Frost Energy attached to it, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by your opponent’s active Pokémon that have ruleboxes. (if that rulebox does not state that the Pokémon is worth 2 or more Prize cards if knocked out, ignore this effect.)
Attack 1: (C)(C) Stadium Power 30+
If there is a Stadium card in play, this attack does 30 more damage.
Weakness: (L) +20
Cramorant
80 HP (Flying) type
Ability: Energy Scoop
When this Pokémon uses Cramo-Dive, you may search your discard pile for three basic Energy cards and put them into your hand.
Dive: (?)(?)(?) Cramo-Dive 40
During your opponent’s next turn, prevent all effects of attack (including damage) down to this Pokémon. If you used this attack during your last turn, flip a coin for each consecutive time you used this attack. If any of them are tails, this attack does nothing.
Cramorant BREAK
110 HP (Flying) type
(?)(?) Gulp Missile Deluge 20x
Discard up to 6 basic Energy cards from your hand. This attack does 20 damage for each Energy you discarded in this way.
59/77: Bagon
60/77: Shelgon
Eevee
50 HP (C) Type
Ability: Rotating Genes
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may discard a basic Energy attached to your active Pokémon. If you do, attach a basic Energy card of a different type from your discard pile to your active Pokémon.
Attack 1: (C) Gnaw 10.
Weakness: (F) +10
Resistance: (P) -20
62/77: Stantler
63/77: Stufful
64/77: Bewear
65/77: Skwovet
66/77: Greedant
67/77: Berry Juice
68/77: Fluffy Berry
Loreli
Trainer Supporter
Choose up to 2 of your (W) Pokémon. For each Pokémon you chose in this way, search your deck for a Basic (W) Energy and attach it to that Pokémon, the remove 30 damage from that Pokémon. Shuffle your deck afterwards. Then discard a card from your hand for each Pokémon you chose.
70/77: Lum Berry
Lure Module
Trainer Item
You can only use this card if you have a Stadium card in play. Flip 2 coins. For each heads, search your deck for a Pokémon and put it into your hand. If you don’t have a Stadium card in play, this card has no effect.
72/77: Memory Berry
73/77: Rare Candy
Snowball
Trainer Item
Discard up to two basic (W) Energy cards from your hand. For each basic (W) Energy card you discarded in this way, search your deck for a basic (W) Energy card and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
75/77: Tickle Machine
Wally
Supporter
Discard 2 cards from your hand. (If you cannot discard 2 cards from your hand you cannot use this card.) Search your deck for a Stage 1 or Stage 2 card that evolved from one of your Basic Pokémon in play or a Stage 2 card that evolves from one of your Stage 1 Pokémon in play. You can use this on the turn that Pokémon was put into play. Shuffle your deck afterwards. You cannot evolve a Pokémon with a rulebox in this way.
77/77: Frost Energy
78/77: ???

Number of card texts complete: 33

===

I have been very interested in what I’ve seen so far in Lackey, and intend to test out the program some time in the near future. While I do not possess the software to create my own custom cards (yet), I do have ideas to work on and decided to start this thread to keep myself occupied. I have written text for my first custom card and included it below.
Slowbro (balanced for DPPt+)
80HP [P] Type
Stage 1 Evolves from Slowpoke
Poké-Power Strange Behavior
As often as you like during your turn (before you attack), you may move 1 damage counter from 1 of your Pokémon to this Pokémon as long as you don’t Knock Out this Pokémon. This power can’t be used if this Pokémon is affected by a Special Condition.
[W][W] Mysterious Downpour 20+
This attack does 10 more damage times the number of damage counters on this Pokémon. Put all Energy attached to this Pokémon into the Lost Zone.
Weakness: [P] +20
Retreat: [C][C]

Last edited:

I am contemplating designing a winter-themed mini-set for Lackey, containing possibly a dozen or so cards (very imprecise) and including but not being limited to Charmander, Lapras, Alolan Vulpix, Slowpoke, and Slowbro. Artwork will be a mixture of hand-drawn (not the most skillful drawings, mind you, but decent drawings), photographs (plush Pokémon out in the snow, similar to the clay Pokémon artworks by Yuka Mori), and possibly pearler-bead illustrations (I bet that’s not what you were expecting!). The set will be balanced for DPPt+, the template will be Omnium (courtesy of Cardpone, of course), and I may include a very small sub-vault of shiny Pokémon. Maybe. The set name will be Winter Wonders. I think Omnium: Winter Wonders would be cooler, but it’s technically not an OMNIUM set, and while Cardpone gives people permission to use the templates (giving him credit where credit is due, of course), it would be rather presumptuous to use the set name Omnium, and besides, Winter Wonders is more concise and better for a mini-set.
Unfortunately I don’t have the software for a project like this, so for now I’ll just take photos and write card descriptions. I’m not very good at balancing, so if anything doesn’t look right just let me know.

Last edited:

I have finished text for four more cards. These cards mesh together as part of a strategy similar to Night March, Lost March, and Mad Party, but with an unusual twist.
Charmander
50 HP (R) Type

Cyndaquil:
50 HP (R) Type
Poké-Power: Fan the Flames
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may discard a Pokémon with Merry Bonfire from your hand. If you do, draw 2 cards.

Torchic
40 HP (R) Type

Flareon
90 HP (R) Type
Poké-Power: Merry Gathering
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may look at the top three cards of your deck, reveal them, and discard all Pokémon with Merry Bonfire. Shuffle the other cards into your deck.
Basically Torchic is the main attacker, Charmander is the secondary attacker, Cyndaquil serves the role of Polteageist, and Flareon gives an alternate form of discarding Pokémon with the attack. The difference between this and the other strategies I mentioned? It’s a little bit stronger, but each time you use the attack, you have to shuffle the Pokémon back into your deck!
Slowpoke
60 HP (P) Type
Attack 1: (C) Energy Lure
Shuffle 2 basic Energy cards from your discard pile into your deck.
Attack 2: (C)(C) Scavenge
Discard all Energy attached to this Pokémon. For each Energy you discarded in this way, put an Item Card from your discard pile into your Hand.
Slowpoke is more of a cycling utility Pokémon that might see usage in mill decks or simply as a utility Pokémon. Either way it is not dependent on having any one type of energy attached to it in order to attack, so you can also use this simply as a pre-evolved form of Slowbro and/or Slowking and still be able to get some use out of its attacks regardless of whether you are running a Psychic deck or a Water deck.
I have also worked on additional illustrations and on selecting which Pokémon will be included. The card list has not been finalized.

Last edited:

Although the majority of the set is going to be winter themed, I was thinking of including a small sub-set containing Celebi, Heatran, and Swampert. Why? Because Celetran.
... let me explain more. When Heatran was introduced in fourth generation, it was discovered that Celebi and Heatran work surprisingly well together, covering each other’s weaknesses and proving to be a formidable duo. I thought it would be neat to portray this duo in the Pokémon TCG. Swampert also works well with the two, and so I thought I might include Swampert as well. In order to maintain this loop, I have to exercise some liberties; the Celebi, while being a Grass Type, has to be weak to other Grass Types.
How will these Pokémon work together? By means of one of the most unusual and unlikely archetypes in the meta. Will it be surprising? Absolutely! Will it be winter themed? Most likely not. That’s why it will probably have to be a secret set... unless you think it can work in the main set.

Last edited:

Celebi
70 HP (G) Type
Poké-Power: Celetran Stomp
As long as Heatran is in play, whenever you put a damage counter on any of your opponent’s Pokémon, put one more damage counter on each Pokémon you put a damage counter on.
Attack 1: (G)(C)(C) Spread of the Forest
Put 6 damage counters on your opponent’s Pokémon in any way you want.
Weakness: (G) x2

Heatran
100 HP (R) Type
Poké-Power: Celetran Surge
As long as Celebi is in play, each (R) Energy attached to this Pokémon provides two (R) Energy. (you cannot use more than one Celetran Surge at a time).
Attack 1: (R)(C)(C) Heat Wave 60+
Discard all (R) energy from this Pokémon. This attack does 20 more damage for each (R) energy you discarded in this way.
Weakness: (W) x2

Swampert
130 HP (W) Type
Poké-Body: Celetran Ferry
As long as Celebi and Heatran are both in play, your Celebi and Heatran pay (C)(C)(C) less to retreat.
Attack 1: (W)(C)(C) Dwindling Wave 80-
This attack does 10 less damage for each damage counter on Swampert.
Weakness: (G) +30
Resistance: (L) -20
I just thought, “well, why not? Perhaps it won’t be a completely pointless archetype and people might actually enjoy it.” Actually I just did it because I could. ;)

Last edited:

Alolan Ninetales
90 HP (W) Type
Poké-Body: Nine Allures
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may discard 2 (W) Energy cards from your hand. If you do, switch 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon with his or her active Pokémon.
Attack 1: (C)(C)(C) Color Coordination 50+
If this Pokémon has any basic Energy attached to it that are the same type as the Defending Pokémon, this attack does 40 more damage.
Okay, so maybe this isn’t the most original card in the set, combining the effects of two separate Kantonian Ninetales, but I think it has the potential to be an interesting card. It’s Poké-Body (similar to Ninetales’ ability from Team Up) makes it an ideal support Pokémon for Water decks, and it’s Color Coordination (copying the attack of the same name known by Ninetales from Legendary Treasures) has the potential to inspire some unusual combos. Say, that gives me a idea for Eevee...
P.S. I accidentally posted this in the “‘Battle Style’ Is March’s Set” thread. Whoops!

Last edited:

Errata for Cyndaquil
Cyndaquil:
50 HP (R) Type
This is not an XY format. Cards don’t have as much HP. Virtually all Pokémon will fall within the 30-140 range. So ideally, you want to be able to get up to six Pokémon with the attack into your discard pile... which is about half of the total number of Pokémon with the attack. In this format with lower HP amounts, being able to do upwards of 240 damage is just absurd and broken, so to balance it I have decided to remove Cyndaquil’s Merry Bonfire attack. This balances out the deck. With Torchic as the attacker, Charmander for discarding, Cyndaquil for draw power and attack boosting, and Flareon for more dedicated attack boosting, plus general Pokémon search consistency cards, this strategy stands a good chance of being effective... effective but not broken or meta-defining.
Cyndaquil:
50 HP (R) Type
Attack 1: (R) Swift 20
This attack is not affected by weakness, resistance, Poké-Powers, Poké-Bodies, or any other effects on your opponent’s active Pokémon.
I also decided I wanted to make Charmander more special. It’s my favorite Pokémon, after all, and it just feels too... generic. In the end I may flip-flop Charmander and Torchic for this very reason, but for now I decided to give Charmander a more distinguishing trait... it’s Rambunctious Flare Poké-Body.
Charmander
50 HP (R) Type
Charmander
50 HP (R) Type
Poké-Body: Rambunctious Flare
If you draw this Pokémon at the beginning of your turn, you may discard it and draw another card.
Extra draw power AND attack power? Count me in! And remember there is still time for Charmander and Torchic to change places.
Now for some new cards; Eevee!
Eevee
50 HP (C) Type
Poké-Body: Rotating Genes
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may discard a basic Energy attached to your active Pokémon. If you do, attach a basic Energy card of a different type from your discard pile to your active Pokémon.
Attack 1: (C) Gnaw 10.
Weakness: (F) +10
Resistance: (P) -20
While this may look like just another Smeargle reprint, that’s actually not such a bad thing under the circumstances. In fact, this card would be a great aid for the Alolan Ninetales archetype! With Eevee to rotate the basic energy, Ninetales has a greater ability to hit for an increased damage output. I’ll see what I can do about including other cards that benefits from Rotating Genes.
The final card for the night is Lapras.
Lapras
80 HP (W) Type
Poké-Power: Perish Song Allure
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may put this card and all cards attached to it into the Lost Zone (this counts as Knocking it Out). If you do, put as many Pokémon from your opponent’s discard pile as you like onto his or her bench.
This attack does 20 damage times the number of energy attached to your opponent’s active Pokémon. This attack then does 20 damage to each of your opponent’s benched Pokémon.
Bonus originality points! The attack has a high cost, but it is able to do 20 damage per energy (most likely doing 60 or 80 damage) AND doing spread damage of 20 per Pokémon, but the ability (inspired by but distinct from Mawile GX) is able to fish up more Pokémon to put damage on. In fact, I may consider including a Pokémon with some sort of damage-counter rearrangement effect... perhaps this answers my Alolan Vulpix inspiration problem?

Last edited:

Well, I’m back with another day of cards! Not sure how many people are actually following my progress since nobody has commented or given any sort of feedback, but I’ve gotten some new ideas to work off of!
Delibird
70 HP (Flying) Type
Poké-Body: Stash of Generosity
When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your bench (before you attack), you may search your deck for an item card and use its effect as the effect of this ability. Then put that item card into your hand. If you do, your turn ends.
Flip three coins. If exactly 1 is heads, this attack does 40 damage. If exactly 2 are heads, remove 3 damage counters from your opponent’s active Pokémon. If all 3 are heads, the defending Pokémon is knocked out. If none of them are heads, remove all damage counters from the defending Pokémon.
Weakness: (?) Type
Resistance: (?) Type
This one is a tricky one. Cardpone is including Flying as a separate type in the Omnium series and template set, and I wanted to include at least one Pokémon of this type in my set (which used the Omnium template), but I’m still not sure what the given weakness and resistance of cards of this type will be, or if this type will have its own basic energy or not, so what I have included here is merely most of a card text, not all of one. The present attack is based off of the attack of the same name known by the original Delibird card, but the ability was an original idea of idea of mine. It feels like many of my cards are a combination of original, modified, and recycled ideas and concepts, which is probably completely normal. As for why I didn’t just use a Weakness of Lightning and a Resistance of Fighting, I wanted to respect Cardpone’s vision for his set format.
Dedenne
60 HP
Poké-Power: Dedecircuit
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may discard a hard from your hand. Then search for discard pile for a card (excluding the card you discarded with this ability) and put it on the bottom of your deck. Then draw a card. You cannot use more than one Dedecircuit ability per turn.
Attack 1: (C) Zzrt! 10
Weakness: Fighting +20
Dedenne has a brief but glorious history as a consistency Pokémon, and it is that theme of consistency that I wanted to capitalize on with my Dedenne. Dedecircuit was perhaps one of my more unusual ideas, and can fit into a variety of strategies, allowing the user to direct cards to the discard pile, cycle cards back through your deck, and draw an additional card. Is it powerful? Yes! Perhaps a little too powerful? Probably. Will the essence of this Poké-Power remain the same, even if factors like how the ability is actived change? Absolutely! Will this card become a staple consistency card in Lackey like Dedenne GX in Standard? Do you even need to ask? ;)
I am also working on another group archetype. I know what you’re thinking; “First Merry Bonfire, then Celetran, and now THIS?” To be homest, I’m probably stretching my luck here, however this strategy is much less concrete than the others, being comprised of two basics with similar abilities with similar names that have similar affects, but of which only one has an attack that can capitalize on those abilities. Besides, nothing about the cards restricts them to being used with each other (like with Merry Bonfire) or with at the very least Pokémon of the same name (Celetran), so I would say that this is a fair bit looser than most name-group archetypes.
Lapras
80 HP (W) Type
Poké-Power: Lost Perish Song
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may put this card and all cards attached to it into the Lost Zone. (this counts as Knocking it Out.) If you do, put as many Pokémon from your opponent’s discard pile as you like onto his or her bench.
This attack does 20 damage times the number of energy attached to your opponent’s active Pokémon. This attack also does 10 damage to one of your opponent’s benched Pokémon times the number of Energy attached to that Pokémon.
Basically the same Lapras from before, only I’ve added some information and changed the name of the Poké-Power. Remember how when I discussed this card earlier, I mentioned that it might be deserving of a card dedicated to controlled spread?
Alolan Vulpix
50 HP (W) Type
Poké-Body: Lost Tail Lure
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may put this card and all cards attached to it into the Lost Zone. (This counts as Knocking it Out.) If you do, move up to six damage counters on any of your opponent’s Pokémon to any of your opponent’s other Pokémon in any way you like.
Attack 1: (N/A) Aurora Ray
Search your deck for up to three basic Energy cards of different types, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
Weakness: (M) +10
This card is designed with both Lapras and Color Coordination Alolan Ninetales in mind. It’s attack functions well with decks that run many different types of basic energy, while Lost Tail Lure allows you to move around up to six of the damage counters on your opponent’s Pokémon, which should be enough to move yourself one prize ahead in the prize trade (which is good because you are essentially sacrificing Alolan Vulpix to activate this effect). I’ll try not to include too many crazy archetypes.
My final card for the day is Wally. Yes, just Wally. Just Wally, you say? Wally is arguably the most unjustly treated supporter-card in the history of Pokémon. You want to know why they banned him? Because of OP turn one Trevenant item lock combos! You want to know what they DIDN’T ban? The Ascension Phantump that allowed for OP turn one Trevenant item lock combos! And now that neither player can use supporter cards on his or her first turn, and we are stuck with a stale format in which non-rule-box evolution Pokémon stand no chance, we could really use Wally right about now to make the format more diverse! So, since the Pokémon Company is too lazy to fix the problem themselves, I, in my own way, have sought to remedy the problem with my own errata of Wally, complete with the original artwork (yes, I know that reusing the artwork isn’t allowed, but I’m trying to make a point here, so if you could cut me some slack in the case of this card, that would be great.
Wally
Supporter
Discard 2 cards from your hand. (If you cannot discard 2 cards from your hand you cannot use this card.) Search your deck for a Stage 1 or Stage 2 card that evolved from one of your Basic Pokémon in play or a Stage 2 card that evolves from one of your Stage 1 Pokémon in play. You can use this on the turn that Pokémon was put into play. Shuffle your deck afterwards. You cannot evolve a Pokémon with a rulebox in this way.
Now THIS is the Wally we all deserve! If you think there is an insufficient quantity of Pokémon with Ruleboxes in this format to include Wally as an equalizer, I can pass on this set, but after all Omnium is an outlet for us to express what we think would improve the PTCG, and if this one card were to actually be released it would be enough to solve just about everything that is wrong with our current format. Perhaps this card is better suited to the Modern Expanded Lackey format.
If anyone has any advise, comments, or concerns, don’t be shy! I’d appreciate all the feedback I can get, being very unfamiliar with how this system works.

Last edited:

Time for my daily update! Today I am bringing Empoleon, as well as the completed fire-type roster!
Empoleon
130 HP (W) type
As long as this Pokémon has Frost Energy attached to it, all (W) and (M) Energy attached to your active Pokémon provide both (W) and (M) Energy but only provide one Energy at a time.
This attack does 10 damage times the number of Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponent’s).
Weakens: (E) +30
Attack command is nothing new, but as it has been reprinted twice in the “official format,” I figured I might as well use it (and I nerfed it slightly by tacking on an extra (W) energy. The ability is what makes this good ol’ “Emperor Napoleon” different from the others. Frost Energy is a new type of Special Energy that effects Grass, Fire, and Water type Pokémon in different ways and also activates the abilities of several Pokémon in the set. This sort of Ability-triggering Energy effect is not new; we’ve seen similar effects with React Energy, Plasma Energy, and Unit Energy, to name a few. I still haven’t determined what the exact effect of the Energy itself will be, though.
Here it is... the first complete Type!
Charmander
40 HP (R) Type
Flareon
90 HP (R) Type
Cyndaquil:
50 HP (R) Type
Torchic
50 HP (R) Type
Heatran
100 HP (R) Type
As long as Celebi is in play, each (R) Energy attached to this Pokémon provides two (R) Energy. (you cannot use more than one Celetran Surge at a time).
Discard all (R) energy from this Pokémon. This attack does 20 more damage for each (R) energy you discarded in this way.
Rolycoly
50 HP (R) type
Search your deck for a (F) Energy card and put it in your discard pile. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
Carkol
80 HP (R) type
Coalossal ex
170 HP (R) type
As long as this Pokémon has any Frost energy attached to it, this Pokémon is both (R) and (F) type.
Attach a (R) Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokémon and remove 5 damage counters from this Pokémon.
Discard two (R) Energy from this Pokémon and put 5 damage counters on this Pokémon.
A couple of changes to note include the fact that I have officially switched Charmander and Torchic’s roles in the Merry Bonfire strategy and that I have changed all Poké-Powers and Poké-Bodies in the set to Abilities to match the Omnium template format. Of the new evolutionary line, Rolycoly and Carkol have little of note, except for how Rolycoly allows you to discard Fighting Energy from your deck; however, Coalossal ex has the Permafrost Armor Ability, which changes it to a dual-type if it has Frost Energy attached. Coalossal ex is a heavy hitter that can OHKO just about any Pokémon in the format, but to do so it must a) have four Fire Energy attached, b) discard two of said energy, and c) do 50 damage worth of recoil, which is pretty severe considering how Coalossal ex is a two-prize Pokémon with 170 total HP. Magma Mend is a good attack to use in between Frenzied Eruptions, assuming you survive your opponent’s next turn, and by moving back and forth between using Magma Mend and Frenzied Eruption, this Pokémon can be quite powerful. Definitely one of the flagship Pokémon of the set.
I have other ideas I’m working on and will give a new progress report tomorrow.

Last edited:

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Time for my daily update! Today I am bringing Empoleon, as well as the completed fire-type roster!
Empoleon
130 HP (W) type
Attack command is nothing new, but as it has been reprinted twice in the “official format,” I figured I might as well use it (and I nerfed it slightly by tacking on an extra (W) energy. The ability is what makes this good ol’ “Emperor Napoleon” different from the others. Frost Energy is a new type of Special Energy that effects Grass, Fire, and Water type Pokémon in different ways and also activates the abilities of several Pokémon in the set. This sort of Ability-triggering Energy effect is not new; we’ve seen similar effects with React Energy, Plasma Energy, and Unit Energy, to name a few. I still haven’t determined what the exact effect of the Energy itself will be, though.
Here it is... the first complete Type!
Charmander
40 HP (R) Type
Flareon
90 HP (R) Type
Cyndaquil:
50 HP (R) Type
Torchic
50 HP (R) Type
Heatran
100 HP (R) Type
Rolycoly
50 HP (R) type
Carkol
80 HP (R) type
Coalossal ex
170 HP (R) type
A couple of changes to note include the fact that I have officially switched Charmander and Torchic’s roles in the Merry Bonfire strategy and that I have changed all Poké-Powers and Poké-Bodies in the set to Abilities to match the Omnium template format. Of the new evolutionary line, Rolycoly and Carkol have little of note, except for how Rolycoly allows you to discard Fighting Energy from your deck; however, Coalossal ex has the Permafrost Armor Ability, which changes it to a dual-type if it has Frost Energy attached. Coalossal ex is a heavy hitter that can OHKO just about any Pokémon in the format, but to do so it must a) have four Fire Energy attached, b) discard two of said energy, and c) do 50 damage worth of recoil, which is pretty severe considering how Coalossal ex is a two-prize Pokémon with 170 total HP. Magma Mend is a good attack to use in between Frenzied Eruptions, assuming you survive your opponent’s next turn, and by moving back and forth between using Magma Mend and Frenzied Eruption, this Pokémon can be quite powerful. Definitely one of the flagship Pokémon of the set.
I have other ideas I’m working on and will give a new progress report tomorrow.

How does Empoleon's Ability make sense??? Of course (W) Energy cards provide (W) and (M) Energy provides (M). The Ability seems redundant.

I haven't looked at all of your cards yet, but I really like what you are doing ;)

MEANT [/I] To Do]The Ability makes each of those Energy provide BOTH Water and Metal! So a Water Energy can take the place of a Metal Energy and visa versa.
I need to figure out a better way to word it.
Also thanks for the feedback, both complimentary and constructive! It’s nice knowing that others appreciate the project and that there are people out there to help me when I slip up.

Last edited:

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
The Ability makes each of those Energy provide BOTH Water and Metal! So a Water Energy can take the place of a Metal Energy and visa versa.
I need to figure out a better way to word it.
Also thanks for the feedback, both complimentary and constructive! It’s nice knowing that others appreciate the project and that there are people out there to help me when I slip up.

In that case, I would write something like "....Each (W) or (M) Energy attached to your Active Pokemon can provide (W) or (M) Energy, but only provides one Energy at a time."

This way, (W) Energy can provide either (W) or (M) Energy, and the same goes for (M) Energy.
To avoid confusion, you cannot say "both" if it only provides ONE energy at a time.

As for other cards, I like the Color Coordination Ninetales, and that Delibird is a classic!! The winter theme reminds me of Crown Tundra DLC. Perhaps you can include more Pokemon from that area? And Fighting types too.

In that case, I would write something like "....Each (W) or (M) Energy attached to your Active Pokemon can provide (W) or (M) Energy, but only provides one Energy at a time."

This way, (W) Energy can provide either (W) or (M) Energy, and the same goes for (M) Energy.
To avoid confusion, you cannot say "both" if it only provides ONE energy at a time.
Thanks for the wording advise! I’ll be sure to revise Empoleon and include it in the next Daily Update.

As for other cards, I like the Color Coordination Ninetales, and that Delibird is a classic!! The winter theme reminds me of Crown Tundra DLC. Perhaps you can include more Pokemon from that area? And Fighting types too.
I wasn’t really thinking of following a strong Crown Tundra theme I’m afraid and I have already completed the selection of Pokémon (trainer cards are still in consideration, though) so I doubt I can finish the set, but I could design a set more strongly themed off of the Crown Tundra after this, to keep the Winter theme going (which is ironic because this set probably won’t get added to Lackey until April or later), this set was more of a test experience and should be considered as a Base Set of sorts with the only true theme being that of the series itself. Perhaps I’ll call the set “Winter Wonders (Base Set)?” As for the Color Coordination Ninetales” and “Present Delibird,” I had fun with those as well, and I personally enjoy reviving and reshaping existing strategies (especially older ones) just as much as creating all new strategies, so expect to see a healthy mixture of both in every set I work on.
Come to think of it, I could also do a set based off of Sinnoh, which has an unusually cold climate for a should-be-subtropical island. Maybe I could do a winter-themed series!

Last edited:

DAILY UPDATE PART 1: THE COMPLETE SET LIST
1. Snover (Grass)
2. Abomasnow
3. Snom
4. Frosmoth ex
5. Charmander (Fire)
6. Flareon
7. Cyndaquil
8. Torchic
9. Rolycoly
10. Carkol
11. Coalossal ex
12. Alolan Vulpix (Water)
13. Alolan Nintetales
14. Lapras
15. Lapras BREAK
16. Suicune
17. Relicanth
18. Piplup
19. Prinplup
20. Empoleon
21. Mantyke
22. Glaceon
23. Galarian Darumaka
24. Galarian Darmanitan
25. Arrokuda
26. Barreskewda
27. Eiscue
28. Electubuzz (Lightning)
29. Mareep
30. Flaafy
31. Ampharos
32. Electrivire
33. Electrivire BREAK
34. Dedenne ex
35. Slowpoke (Psychic)
36. Slowbro
37. Espeon
38. Slowking
39. Dreepy
40. Drakloak
41. Dragapult
42. Swinub (Fighting)
43. Piloswine
44. Shuckle ex
45. Combusken
46. Blaziken
47. Mamoswine
48. Umbreon (Darkness)
49. Sneasel
50. Weavile
51. Aron (Metal)
52. Lairon
53. Aggron
54. Delibird (Flying)
55. Swablu
56. Altaria
57. Cramorant
58. Cramorant BREAK
59. Bagon (Dragon)
60. Shelgon
61. Eevee (Colorless)
62. Stantler
63. Stufful
64. Bewear
65. Skwovet
66. Greedant
67. Berry Juice (Trainer)
68. Fluffy Berry
69. Loreli
70. Lum Berry
71. Lure Module
72. Memory Berry
73. Rare Candy
74. Snowball
75. Tickle Machine
76. Wally
77. Frost Energy (Special Energy)
So here’s what we have in the set.
Broken down by type:
- 4 Grass Types
- 7 Fire Types (wow, we have almost twice as many Fire Types as Grass Types!)
- 16 Water Types (*everyone immediately does a double-take and checks the screen again to make sure their eyes are working*)
- 7 Lightning Types
- 7 Psychic Types
- 6 Fighting Types
- 3 Darkness Types
- 3 Metal Types
- 5 Flying Types (this is based off the Omnium template and format after all!)
- 2 Dragon Types (hey, Jabberwock’s Salamence was gettin’ lonely! Thought it needed some company!)
- 6 Colorless Types
- 10 Trainer Cards
- 1 Special Energy
The set also contains:
- 4 Pokémon ex (Frosmoth ex, Coalossal ex, Dedenne ex, and Shuckle ex)
- 3 Pokémon BREAK (Lapras BREAK, Electrivire BREAK, and Cramorant BREAK).
Plus one Secret Rare? What’s it gonna be? I can’t tell you, ‘CAUSE IT’S A SECRET!;)
... fine. I’ll give you a hint. Remember the Imakuni?’s Doduo? This is going to be even better
(and no, it has nothing to do with either Imakuni? or Doduo).
The second part of the Daily Update will likely come some time in the next two to four hours and will include a few more completed card texts from the set and an Empoleon errata (courtesy of bbb888). And if anyone sees Jabberwock’s Salamence, please send it my regards! ;)

DAILY UPDATE PART 2: ERRATA, REMOVALS, AND NEW EDITIONS
Firstly, I wish to errata Empoleon.
Empoleon
130 HP (W) type
As long as this Pokémon has Frost Energy attached to it, all (W) or (M) Energy attached to your active Pokémon provide (W) or (M) Energy but only provide one Energy at a time. (Was “all (W) and (M),” “provide (W) and (M)”)
A shoutout to bbb888 for alerting me to the impending crisis of a clunkily worded ability running the risk of being the most redundant ability in history! ;)
Second, people reading the set list may or may not have noticed that Celebi, Heatran, and Swampert make no appearances. This is no mistake. I have decided to cut these Pokémon from the set but may include them later as PROMOS or as part of another set. Or I may just drop them all together. If I complete a second set without any mention of the archetype whatsoever, I will secede the right to the strategy to the first person to claim it via message (or, in the meantime, if you really think you could use the strategy in a Lackey set I am open to discussion).
Third, Dedenne has changed to Dedenne ex. As such I will be rebalancing the card at a later date.
The final cards are Arrokuda, Barreskewda, Cramorant, and Cramorant BREAK (which I will add as soon as I finish balancing them).
Cramorant
80 HP (Flying) type
When this Pokémon uses Cramo-Dive, you may search your discard pile for three basic Energy cards and put them into your hand.
Dive: (?)(?)(?) Cramo-Dive 40
During your opponent’s next turn, prevent all effects of attack (including damage) down to this Pokémon. If you used this attack during your last turn, flip a coin for each consecutive time you used this attack. If any of them are tails, this attack does nothing.

Cramorant BREAK
110 HP (Flying) type
(?)(?) Gulp Missile Deluge 20x
Discard up to 6 basic Energy cards from your hand. This attack does 20 damage for each Energy you discarded in this way.
These Cramorant are of the fabled Flying Type created by Cardpone in order to isolate Normal types as the sole proprietors of the colorless type (probably? If you’re reading this, Cardpone, and if I’m wrong about the reason, please correct me). However I can’t fully complete the cards because I’m not sure if Flying gets its own type of Energy! Until I know whether Flying Types get their own Energy cards and whether or not they get a basic, there’s nothing I can do. Although... the Flying Type is so intriguing that I might make an all Flying Type Set in homage to the fabled Dragon Vault! (After all, that’s a “real-world” example of a Pokémon type represented by the Colorless Type getting its own new type AND special miniset in the TCG!)
Although Cramo-Dive CAN be used for Staling, its best usage is for activating Energy scoop and shielding yourself for one turn, both of which are invaluable when preparing for Cramorant to use its Gulp Missile Deluge, inspired by everyone’s favorite deck!... Mad Party! I mean, Baby Blowns! (Incidentally, Baby Blowns is my personal favorite strategy and the only deck I have assembled at the moment... and it also includes Cramorant, which also happens to be one of my favorite Pokémon, after Lapras and Charmander. Coincidence? I don’t think so!)
Arrokuda
50 HP (W) Type
Ability: Slamin’ the Salmon
If you discard any Energy from your Pokémon or hand by effect of the attacks of your active Pokémon that has Cramorant in its name, you may treat this Pokémon as if it were an Energy and discard it in place of an Energy.
Attack 1: (W) Schooling
Search your deck for as many Arrokuda as you like and put them onto your bench. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
Weakness: (G) Type +10
Basically the goal is to provide extra discard fodder for Cramorant BREAK (though it would also work with Cramorant V, if Cramorant V was in this format). If this feels suspiciously like VIV CGM (Continuous Gulp Missile), it’s because that’s where I got the idea from. But hey, if it works it works and if I have fun and the Lackey format is enriched as a result who am I to complain. I know I’ve been reusing old strategies a lot in this set, but hey, it’s my first try, and anyways when’s the last time someone made something COMPLETELY original for Lackey? For that matter, when’s the last time a person made something completely original PERIOD, if ever? From Genesis to Revelation, I can’t recall a single person ever making ANYTHING “original.” So I’m just not gonna worry too much about it this time.
Barreskewda
90 HP (W) Type
Ability: Hook n’ Reel
When the attacks of this Pokémon do damage to one of your opponent’s benched Pokémon, you may flip a coin. If heads, switch that Pokémon with your opponent’s active Pokémon.
Attack 1: (W)(W) Targeted Skewer
Choose one of your opponent’s benched Pokémon. This attack does ten damage to that Pokémon for each damage counter on that Pokémon.
Weakness: (G) Type +20
I know the attack looks like a heavily nerfed version of Vivid Voltage Barreskewda, but the attack actually isn’t the centerpiece of the card. That honor belongs to Harpoon n’ Reel, which essentially turns Targeted Skewer into a harpoon instead of a mere sniping attack. That’s half the reason I had to nerf it as much as I did, the other half, obviously, being due to power creep, reverse power creep, and balancing issues that come with converting an eighth generation card attack to fourth generation. The neat thing about this card is that, even though Barreskewda’s attack is the defining feature of a previous card of the same name, but on this card the attack comes as something of an afterthought, the ends (Targeted Skewer) to fulfill the means (Harpoon n’ Reel).
Snowball
Trainer Item
Discard up to two basic (W) Energy cards from your hand. For each basic (W) Energy card you discarded in this way, search your deck for a basic (W) Energy card and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
The final card for the day is the Item Card Snowball. Although I was originally thinking of it as a tool (after all, Snowball is a held item), I decided to include it as a standard Item card, so let me know what you think. I know the effect may seem useless, but you never know how this card might be manipulated to provide an edge in battle. The best part is, I’m not even releasing any cards in this set that are (intentionally) designed to capitalize on this effect... I intend to just sit back and watch how the format makes use of this card.
That’s it for today! If you haven’t already noticed, I have completed card texts for 20 of the 77 cards... that’s over a quarter of the way!

Last edited:

Since it’s the weekend I’ll be able to update the thread throughout the day... starting with errata for all the Flying types!
Delibird
70 HP (Flying) Type
Poké-Body: Stash of Generosity
Weakness: (L) Type +20
Resistance: (F) Type -20

Cramorant
80 HP (Flying) type
Dive: (W)(W)(C) Cramo-Dive 40

Cramorant BREAK
110 HP (Flying) type
(W)(W) Gulp Missile Deluge 20x
Nothing too major here. I just added Weakness and Resistance to Delibird and Water Energy to the attack cost of Cramorant. Turns out Cardpone envisions the Flying type as being like the Dragon type (but without the Manditory Rule of Two (types of basic energies required)). I’ll try and get Swablu and Altaria submitted later.
Dedenne ex
80 HP
Ability: Dedecircuit
Attack 1: (C) Zzrt! 20
Discard all (L) Energy attached to Dedenne. This attack does 30 damage for each Energy you discarded in this wa
Weakness: (F)(M) x2
Dedenne has been reinstated as the rebalanced Dedenne ex. I also gave it a stronger attacking option, but as this is a 90 HP two-prize Pokémon with two times-two weaknesses, this is probably best used as a last resort.
Swablu
40 HP (Flying) type
Ability: Fluffy Hat
Once during your turn, when you play a Supporter Card from your hand, you may play this card from your hand onto that Supporter Card and draw an additional card. (If the Supporter card tells you to draw cards until you have a certain number of cards in your hand or until the number of cards in your hand is the same as the number of cards in your opponent’s hand, draw one more card than that number.
Attack 1: (C) Wing Flick 10
Your opponent switches the Defending Pokémon with one of his or her benched Pokémon.
Weakness: (L) +10
The attack is nothing new, but the ability is something I am proud of. You know how Swablu likes to land on people’s heads and impersonate a hat? That’s all I’m going to say.
Altaria
80 HP (Flying) type
Ability: Frosty Wings
If this Pokémon has any Frost Energy attached to it, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by your opponent’s active Pokémon that have ruleboxes. (if that rulebox does not state that the Pokémon is worth 2 or more Prize cards if knocked out, ignore this effect.)
Attack 1: (C)(C) Stadium Power 30+
If there is a Stadium card in play, this attack does 30 more damage.
I thought the idea of using Frost Energy to establish this sort of effect was genius. What is the effect of this legendary Frost Energy? The short answer is I don’t know. The long answer is I haven’t decided yet. Stadium Power is meant to give Altaria a strong, low energy attack option that requires some other condition to achieve its optimal strength.

UPDATE 2: I have created a main thread for the set. I have a complete list of cards and will add information for each of the cards I have completed later. You can see the site at https://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/winter-wonders-set-list.152056/.

UPDATE 3: I have added Lapras BREAK to the my list of complete card texts.
Lapras BREAK
120 HP (W)
Attack 1: (W)(W)(C) Renaissance de Elite 30
This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent’s benched Pokémon that has any damage counters on it. (Don’t apply Weakness or Resistance for Benched Pokémon.) If you played Loreli from your hand during this turn, this attack does 30 damage to each of those Pokémon instead.
This card was inspired by Gallade (E4) SP and the Lv. X of the same name, as well as by cards like Cynthia and Garchomp. As for what Loreli does... that mystery will have to wait in cue with Frost Energy to be unraveled. Seems like it could be an interesting combo, though.

Well, that’s it for today! Completed three new card texts, a card errata, and creating a “text gallery” page to keep my poorly organized spaghetti bowl of data neat and tidy and out of the chaos of the progress thread. Pretty good, in my opinion, considering how much crazier today was personally than I expected it to be. Tomorrow I’ll try and get work on Shuckle ex and Weavile, and perhaps Piplup and Prinplup too... I may even go more in-depth about what some of the trainer cards have been included for (only Berry Juice and Loreli and Snowball are original cards, plus my remixed Wally errata, but there’s a reason why the others got into the set).

Last edited:

Time for me to start today’s Daily Update! The first card is Weavile.
Weavile
80 HP (D) type
Ability: Frosty Cleave
If this Pokémon has any Frost Energy attached to it and it is Pokémon Checkup, discard the top card of your opponent’s deck.
Attack 1: (D)(C) Rotating Claws 30
You may discard an Energy attached to this Pokémon. If you do, search your discard pile for an Energy card (excluding the one you discarded) and attach it to this Pokémon.
Attack 2: D)(C)(C) Beat Up 20x
Flip a coin for each of your Pokémon in play. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads.
Weakness: (F) +20
Resistance: -20
The Ability is original. Rotating Claws was an attack on Charizard gold star (delta species) and a few other cards I don’t remember, and I thought it would look interesting on this card. And Beat Up is from the original Neo-series Sneasel (as well as from that card’s reprint in Celestial Storm). An interesting Pokémon all around, especially when you consider it’s free retreat cost.
Piplup
60 HP (W) type
Attack 1: (W)(W)(W) Bubble Hold 50
If the Defending Pokémon is a Basic Pokémon, that Pokémon can’t attack during your opponent’s next turn.
Weakness: (G) +10

Prinplup
80 HP (W) type
Attack 1: (W)(C)(C) Fury Attack 20x
Flip 3 coins. This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads.
Attack 2: (W)(W)(W) Direct Dive
Discard all (W) Energy attached to this Pokémon. This attack does 80 damage to one of your opponent’s benched Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Benched Pokémon.)
I always felt that the Piplup and Prinplup from Celestial Storm were surprisingly powerful for single prize Pokémon, with attacks of great power that, rather than doing small amounts of stand-alone damage or even acting as preparations for the Pokémon’s final evolutions, allowed both Piplup and Prinplup to act as stand-alone attackers.
Frosmoth ex
100 HP (G) type
Poké-Body: Dual Permafrost Armor
As long as this Pokémon has any Frost energy attached to it, this Pokémon is both (G) and (W) type.
Attack 1: (G)(C) First Impression 20+
If this Pokémon was on your Bench and became your Active Pokémon during this turn or on your last turn as the effect of an attack, this attack does 60 more damage.
Attack 2: (G)(G)(C) U-Turn 50
Switch this Pokémon with one of your Benched Pokémon.
Weakness: (Flying)(R) x2
Retreat: (C))C)
I know this was not a card I was planning on getting to today, but hey, I had to get to it at some point and that point might as well be now! This card is meant to be a more complicated Golisopod GX. It’s first attack is literally Golisopod’s First Impression. However, Frosmoth also knows U-Turn, which allows it to use First Impression every other turn by switching places with a benched Frosmoth. Interesting, huh? It also has Permafrost Armor, like Coalossal, which turns it into a dual-type. Is this card too powerful? It can certainly generate a high powered attack for a low Energy cost, but I would say no, as it is a 100 HP, two-prize Pokémon with twin x2 weaknesses, which, in a Diamond and Pearl balanced format, makes it somewhat of a glass cannon.
Shuckle ex
90 HP (F) type
Ability: Slow Fermentation
If you have a Tool card with Berry in its name to this Pokémon during your last turn or earlier, you may remove that tool card from this Pokémon and Shuffle it into your deck. If you do, search your deck for a Berry Juice or Rare Candy and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
Attack 1: (F)(F) Rollout 20
This attack does twice as much damage as it did during your last turn before applying weakness, resistance, Poké-Powers, Poké-Bodies, Abilities, or any other effects on this or your opponent’s active Pokémon of that turn.
Weakness: (W)(F) x2
This Shuckle ex is an example of what happens when I create an original card. Well, maybe Cardpone has already used Rollout on a card, but that’s not in the original games. The ability is perhaps my peak achievement in this set. Remember how in the original Gold, Silver, and Crystal games, if you gave a Shuckle a Berry, it would turn into Berry Juice and eventually into Rare Candy? That’s what Shuckle’s ability was inspired by. Maybe I should create a Pokémon with Pickup as an Ability instead of an attack...

Last edited:

Ampharos
120 HP (L) type
Ability: Turbo Acceleration
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve one of your Pokémon, you may flip three coins. For each heads, search your deck for a basic Energy card, reveal it, and attach it to one of your Pokémon. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
Attack 1: (L)(L)(L) Staggered Charge 50+
If this Pokémon used Staggered Charge during your last turn, this attack does 50 more damage.
Weakness: (F) +30
Ampharos’s Staggered Charge effect is so basic that it’s probably already been included in the Pokémon TCG, but I’m still proud of it. The idea is that it is an extremely powerful attack, but the full effect isn’t felt because the second half of the attack is delayed (hence the name Staggered Charge). However, that’s not to say that Ampharos’s Ability isn’t a good one! In fact, this card may have been my best work yet, inspired to a limited extent by other cards but designed almost entirely out of my own head! (Although admittedly Staggered Charge could still be a returning effect). Turbo Acceleration is a very powerful, albeit “luck”-based effect.
Relicanth
80 HP (W) type
Attack 1: (C) Prehistoric Wisdom
Choose a card from your hand and put it in the Lost Zone. Draw 3 cards from the bottom of your deck.
Attack 2: (W) Cambrian Relics
Put an Energy attached to this Pokémon in the Lost Zone. Shuffle 3 Item Cards from your discard pile into your deck.
Yes, I’ve always considered Relicanth’s role in the Pokémon TCG to be support-based. In this deck, Relicanth offers the ability to a) draw cards from the BOTTOM of your deck in a pinch (I always felt that 1 card in the Lost Zone was a poor exchange for the forever-memeable Hop in Pokémon attack form) AND recycle precious Item cards into your deck, making this card invaluable as a support Pokémon. Of course, it DOES come at a price... once you use the attack, you’re one card shorter of a full deck. (If you see what I did there, and trust me, not everyone will get it, pat yourself on the back.)
Blaziken
130 HP (F) type
Attack 1: (R) Kindling
Discard a (R) Energy from this Pokémon. If you do, search your discard pile for 3 (R) Energy cards and attach them to your benched Pokémon in any way you want.
Attack 2: (R)(F)(C) Send ‘Em Beyond! 60
Your opponent switches his or her active Pokémon with one of his or her benched Pokémon. If your opponent’s active Pokémon was knocked out by this attack, your opponent shuffles that Pokémon and all cards attached to it into his or her deck instead of discarding them.
Weakness: (P) +30
Blaziken’s Kindling is a very useful attack... by discarding one Fire energy from your active Pokémon, you can charge up your benched Pokémon with three such energy. Blaziken’s attack is more on the unusual side. A forced Gust effect is not something we have historically seen on Blaziken cards before and should hopefully result in some fun combos. Of course, the Lackey DPPt+ format already has two Blaziken (plus a Blaziken Lv. X!), just like there is already an Ampharos and Mega Ampharos and an incoming Ampharos from Omnium Frontiers Renewed. I did this on purpose, however. As I think I’ve mentioned before somewhere, I am making preparations to create a Pokémon Cube using Lackey DPPt+, which means I need one Stage 2 evolutionary line of each type with four copies of each final stage Pokémon.
Dragapult
130 HP (P) type
Attack 1: (P) Sudden Raid 40+
Flip a coin. If heads, prevent all effect of attack done to this Pokémon during your opponent’s next turn. If tails, this attack does nothing. If you evolved this Pokémon during this turn, treat the coin flip as if it were heads and this attack does 20 more damage.
Attack 2: (P)(P) Phantom Forces 70
Put one damage counter on your opponent’s Pokémon for each of your benched Pokémon in any way you like.
Weakness: (D) +30
I know, I know, this Dragapult looks like a loosely reimagined Rebel Clash Dragapult (not the V or the VMAX, just the normal Dragapult), but the changes I have made to the design make it feel almost like a completely different card. For one thing, the ability Infiltrator is now an all-or-nothing attack with a boom-or-bust mechanic; either you hit for 40 damage for a single Energy AND evade all effects of attack during your opponent’s next turn, or the attack is a complete flop... but if you had just evolved Dragapult on that turn... you can treat the coin flip as if it were heads AND get a slight damage boost! Phantom Forces sounds a lot like Phantom Force, but note the use of a Force Plural (I totally just made that up). The damage counter spread on your opponent’s benched Pokémon is, in turn, dependent on the Pokémon on your own bench. This system rewards players with full benched by allowing you to do a total of 120 damage for two Energies! That’s an amazing effect in a Diamond and Pearl era format!

Last edited:

Now that I am 3/7ths of the way towards completing the set, I figured that I had better get my Trainer cards out of the way. I will warn you that a few trainer cards (as always) are direct copies of Trainer Cards from existing Pokémon TCG sets, but I have created a few original ones.
Loreli
Trainer Supporter
Choose up to 2 of your (W) Pokémon. For each Pokémon you chose in this way, search your deck for a Basic (W) Energy and attach it to that Pokémon, the remove 30 damage from that Pokémon. Shuffle your deck afterwards. Then discard a card from your hand for each Pokémon you chose.
Remember how mentioned a Supporter named Loreli whose activation served to boost Lapras BREAK’s attack output? Well, here is the Pokémon BREAK in question. Loreli served as a good way of healing and performing Energy Acceleration, but in doing so you need to discard a card or two from your hand. However, discarding cards isn’t the end of the world, and strategies that capitalize on taking advantage of discarded cards abound.
Lure Module
Trainer Item
You can only use this card if you have a Stadium card in play. Flip 2 coins. For each heads, search your deck for a Pokémon and put it into your hand. If you don’t have a Stadium card in play, this card has no effect.
The Lure Module, based off of the item of that names in Pokémon Go, is like a better version of the Timer Ball where you can search for ANY Pokémon, however you must have a Stadium card in play to use it, which makes the card more balanced as a utility. I was originally considering giving it three coin flips, but I felt that it was a bit over-balanced. Let me know if you think three coin flips is fine (again I would really enjoy the feedback), I just wanted to make sure I didn’t introduce anything as broken as Energy Removal or Gust of Wind from the Base Set.
Berry Juice
Trainer Item
Heal 20 damage from this Pokémon and remove all special conditions from that Pokémon.
So basically Berry Juice is a Big Malasada. My creativity kinda fled out the window on this one. If ANYONE has more creative ideas for this card, please let me know.
The other trainer cards (Lum Berry, Fluffy Berry, Memory Berry, Rare Candy, and Tickling Machine) are basically repeats of the original cards by the Pokémon Company. The Pokémon were a higher creativity priority in this set. Again, if you have any inspiration for making Berry Juice more unique, please let me know.

Last edited:

Note: the below announcement has since been made obsolete by the reduction in size of my set list. As such it is to be treated accordingly.

===

Well, this is a surprise.
Remember how at the very beginning I said this set likely wouldn’t contain more than a dozen or two cards, and then later I changed the set number to 78 cards. Well, not sure if this is a good idea, but I figured that, if this is my big Pokémon project for the year, I should make the set as large as possible. So I decided to evaluate the possibilities for cards for an expanded set.
Guess how many cards the new set list has.
One hundred
And eighty
Nine.
(*crickets*)
1. Snover (Grass)
2. Abomasnow
3. Mega Abomasnow
4. Turtwig
5. Grotle
6. Torterra
7. Leafeon
8. Virizion
9. Skidoo
10. Gogoat
11. Phantump
12. Trevenant
13. Snom
14. Frosmoth ex
15. Charmander (Fire)
16. Charmeleon
17. Charizard
18. Vulpix
19. Ninetales
20. Flareon
21. Cyndaquil
22. Torchic
23. Combusken
24. Blaziken
25. Sizzlepede
26. Centiscorch
27. Rolycoly
28. Carkol
29. Coalossal ex
30. Vaporeon (Water)
31. Omanyte
32. Omastar
33. Lapras
34. Lapras BREAK
35. Suicune
36. Spheal
37. Sealeo
38. Walrein
39. Regice
40. Glaceon
41. Galarian Darumaka
42. Galarian Darmanitan
43. Bergemite
44. Avalugg
45. Amaura
46. Aurorus
47. Arrokuda
48. Barreskewda
49. Eiscue
50. Electubuzz (Lightning)
51. Jolteon
52. Mareep
53. Flaafy
54. Ampharos
55. Shinx
56. Luxio
57. Luxray
58. Electrivire
59. Electrivire BREAK
60. Dedenne ex
61. Yamper
62. Boltund
63. Regieleki
64. Slowpoke (Psychic)
65. Galarian Slowpoke
66. Slowbro
67. Galarian Mr. Mime
68. Galarian Articuno
69. Espeon
70. Slowking
71. Spiritomb
72. Mr. Rime
73. Dreepy
74. Drakloak
75. Dragapult
76. Rhyhorn (Fighting)
77. Rhydon
78. Galarian Zapdos
79. Shuckle ex
80. Phanpy
81. Donphan
82. Larvitar
83. Pupitar
84. Swinub
85. Piloswine
86. Relicanth
87. Regirock
88. Riolu
89. Lucario
90. Mamoswine
91. Rhyperior
92. Terrakion
93. Clobbopus
94. Octolock
95. Galarian Slowbro (Darkness)
96. Galarian Moltres
97. Umbreon
98. Galarian Slowking
99. Sneasel
100. Tyrannitar
101. Absol ex
102. Mega Absol ex
103. Weavile
104. Alolan Sandshrew (Metal)
105. Alolan Sandslash
106. Registeel
107. Aron
108. Lairon
109. Aggron
110. Mega Aggron
111. Bronzor
112. Bronzong
113. Cobalion
114. Alolan Vulpix (Fairy)
115. Alolan Ninetales
116. Sylveon
117. Carbink
118. Clefki
119. Zubat (flying)
120. Golbat
121. Aerodactyl
122. Delibird
123. Hoothoot
124. Noctowl
125. Mantine
126. Crobat
127. Swablu
128. Altaria
129. Mantyke
130. Fletchling
131. Fletchinder
132. Talonflame
133. Cramorant
134. Cramorant BREAK
135. Bagon (Dragon)
136. Shelgon
137. Gible
138. Gabite
139. Garchomp
140. Noibat
141. Noivern
142. Tyrunt
143. Tyrantrum
144. Zygarde
145. Drampa
146. Regidrago
147. Eevee (Colorless)
148. Stantler
149. Slakoth
150. Vigaroth
151. Slaking
152. Regigigas
153. Audino
154. Stufful
155. Bewear
156. Skwovet
157. Greedant
158. Wooloo
159. Dubwool
160. Berry Juice (Trainer)
161. Candice
162. Crown Shrine
163. Helix Fossil
164. Jaw Fossil
165. Lillie’s Empathy
166. Loreli
167. Lure Module
168. Max Lair
169. Moon Ball
170. Mount Coronet
171. Night Teleporter
172. Old Amber
173. Pokéball Factory
174. Peonia
175. Peony
176. Rare Candy
177. Red’s Meditation
178. Sail Fossil
179. Snowball
180. Tickle Machine
181. Timer Ball
182. Wally
183. Frost Energy (Special Energy)
184. Shaymin Prime
185. Delphox Prime
186. Empoleon Prime
187. Froslass Prime
188. Pangoro Prime
That plus a Secret Rare makes 189 cards. For comparison there are 216 cards in DPPt+ right now, the largest set in Lackey is Expanded Modern Sinnoh Legeacy Collection at 217 cards, and the only DPPt+ set currently in development is Omnium: Frontiers Renewed, designed by the much more experienced Cardpone and containing a much more sensible 114 cards.
Cardpone says that Omnium: Frontiers Renewed will most likely shake up the DPPt+ format. Imagine how wildly a 189 card set would change up the format.
Not to mention I’ve only designed about 30 to 40 cards and I intend to do as much of the illustrating work as possible myself.
This is going to take me a LONG, LONG time.
url

An avalanche is eminent... and it’s about to bury the playing field.
... the plot thickens. ;)

Last edited:

Holo Rare’s
1. Absol
2. Aerodactyl
3. Aggron
4. Aurorus
5. Boltund
6. Chandelure
7. Dragapult
8. Dubwool
9. Omastar
10. Tyrantrum
11. Walrein
Rare’s
12. Aerodactyl
13. Altaria
14. Amaura
15. Charizard (Ch) SP
16. Coalossal (GL) SP
17. Cramorant
18. Crobat
19. Galarian Slowking
20. Lapras (GL) SP
21. Omanyte
22. Trevenant
23. Tyrunt
Uncommon’s
24. Alcreamie (GL) SP
25. Centiscorch (GL) SP
26. Darkloak
27. Drednaw (GL) SP
28. Duraludon (GL) SP
29. Eldegoss (GL) SP
30. Galarian Slowbro
31. Gengar (GL) SP
32. Golbat
33. Greedant
34. Lairon
35. Lampent
36. Machamp (GL) SP
37. Obstagoon (GL) SP
38. Relicanth
39. Sealeo
Common’s
40. Aron
41. Charmander
42. Cyndaquil
43. Delibird
44. Frosmoth (GL) SP
45. Galarian Slowpoke
46. Litwick
47. Mawile
48. Phantump
49. Shuckle (GL) SP
50. Skwovet
51. Spheal
52. Swablu
53. Torchic
54. Wooloo
55. Yamper
56. Zubat
Trainer
57. Berry Juice
58. Caboose Park
59. Circhester
60. Gourdie’s Mellow-ness
61. Jaw Fossil
62. Lumious City Station
63. Luxury Ball Prism Star
64. Melony’s Reconciliation
65. Metronome
66. Old Amber
67. Peony’s Resolution
68. Quick Ball Prism Star
69. Rare Candy
70. Rose’s Vision
71. Sail Fossil
72. Snowball
73. Spiral Fossil
74. Timer Ball Prism Star
75. Wally’s Empathy
Special Energy
76. Frost Energy
Holo Rare Lv. X
77. Charizard (Ch) SP Lv. X
78. Coalossal (GL) SP Lv. X
79. Cramorant Lv. X
80. Dragapult Lv. X
81. Lapras (GL) SP Lv. X
Ultra Rare ex
82. Galarian Articuno ex
83. Galarian Moltres ex
84. Galarian Zapdos ex
Ultra Rare LEGEND
85. Latios & Latias LEGEND #1
86. Latios & Latias LEGEND #2
87. Xernese & Yvelta LEGEND #1
88. Xernese & Yvelta LEGEND #2
89. Regieleki & Regidrago LEGEND #1
90. Regieleki & Regidrago LEGEND #1
What is this? My new Lackey set list, of course! Frankly, I have no idea what I was thinking when I said that I could handle a 189 card list, so by the advise of the Lackey Counsel and other members of the Pokémon TCG Faking Community, I have cut the set down to about half of its original size. If all goes well I may release a follow-up set featuring more Pokémon from Sinnoh and Unova. I will include more information in future.

Last edited: