Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - What Eeveelution should I pick?

SinnohTrainer17

ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
Hey everyone! So I'm starting over in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness for the third time after a while, and I've been debating over the eeveelution I should pick for the game. I've already tried Jolteon and Flareon, and while both got me through the game with ease, Jolteon was way more useful. Which eeveelution should I pick this time? I've been debating between Espeon, Jolteon and Vaporeon. What do you guys think?

RE: Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness- Eeveelutions

IMO the best eeveelutions in order are: Joltleon, Espeon, Umbreon, then Vaporeon.

I started off with Umbreon (as she's the right nature for it).

It really all comes down to preference, based on what your team is, and what you want the Eeveelution to do. Jolteon and Espeon are probably the best, but here's what each one does:

Vaporeon - Strong points are HP and Def. Being Water-type, it can learn strong moves from both Water and Ice types. It can also use Acid Armor a few times, and then Baton Pass it. Surf hits both opponents in a 2v2 so that might be a good choice.
Jolteon - Strong points are Speed and Sp. Attack. One of the fastest Pokemon out there, Jolteon can be a total monster as it rains down Thunderbolt, and it's virtually guaranteed to outspeed most other Pokemon.
Flareon - Strong points are Attack and Sp. Defense. It can do okay with Flamethrower, and wall against quite a few special attacks, but aside from Shadow Ball and Return, its physical movepool is rather weak.
Espeon - Strong points are Sp. Attack and Speed. Whereas Jolteon has its forte in speed, Espeon has its forte in special attack. It's mostly the same as Jolteon, except it's got the option of Psychic and a few other things at its control.
Umbreon - Strong points are Sp. Defense and Defense. Although pretty much no other Pokemon in Gen 3 can wall like Umbreon, its physical strength is rather weak. Then again, you could stall out your opponent forever with what it can use.

I'm not sure of the TM availability and all that in Gale of Darkness, but given what you know you can find in that game, make the best choice for yourself.

Thanks for the advice Shadow Arceus and Light Venusaur ^_^

@DNA: Yeah, Jolteon was extremely useful when I chose him last time, and I pretty much swept through the game. Espeon was great in Colosseum, so he was a candidate for my starter. Umbreon's a tank, but the attack is awful and could take a while to get through even the easier opponents the only reason that it was one of the two starters in Colosseum is because it went perfectly with Espeon. Flareon is decent, but it's movepool wrecks it, and Vaporeon is an all around great guy. I'll probably end up choosing him.

Espeon.It is fast although not as fast as jolteon but tied with gengar,Its special attack is through the roof with makes it a decent sweeper.The only problem you will face is shadow ball in third gen,Not a good choice.But despite that espeon can be a huge threat.

^Correct. Espeon's Special Attack (130) and Speed (110) stats are tied with Gengar's. Jolteon's highest stats are the same, except the Speed is 130 and the SpAttk is 110. Jolteon and Espeon are virtually interchangeable; the difference is whether you want speed or power, or whether you want Psychic or Thunderbolt as your strong STAB move. If you're trying to go with a highly offensive starter, those two are your best bet.

Back