Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I like this! It's just too bad that we'll still have VMAX in the meta the entire time these are around pretty much.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I like this! It's just too bad that we'll still have VMAX in the meta the entire time these are around pretty much.
?
If they indeed don't print VMAX Hatterene and Melmetal, then all VMAX rotate on the 2023 season.
While we are getting Arceus VSTAR on our VMAX Climax analogue which will release on February 2022.

VSTAR will have one year without VMAX on format.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
?
If they indeed don't print VMAX Hatterene and Melmetal, then all VMAX rotate on the 2023 season.
While we are getting Arceus VSTAR on our VMAX Climax analogue which will release on February 2022.

VSTAR will have one year without VMAX on format.
Sorry, I meant between then and gen 9. It'll only have like 5 months there most likely, assuming the games come out in 2023 and the TCG in early 2024.

Mistwalker

Master of Martial Arts
I like it. It seems like a more balanced version of GXs. Like they aren't as crazy strong as GXs were (so far at least). But since they are only worth 2 prize cards they shouldn't be too problematic

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Sorry, I meant between then and gen 9. It'll only have like 5 months there most likely, assuming the games come out in 2023 and the TCG in early 2024.
I admittedly can't see what's your point here. Tag Teams existed alongside VMAX for about one year and a half. Mega EX existed alongside GX for one year and a half. All mechanics co-exist with the previous one since... well, since the TCG started doing prize mechanics back when -ex was a thing. Formats where only a mechanic (and a sub-mechanic like VSTAR at that) exists and nothing else have never existed other than the early -ex era, and even then you could argue that Dark Pokémon were some kind of precursor to prize mechanics.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I admittedly can't see what's your point here. Tag Teams existed alongside VMAX for about one year and a half. Mega EX existed alongside GX for one year and a half. All mechanics co-exist with the previous one since... well, since the TCG started doing prize mechanics back when -ex was a thing. Formats where only a mechanic (and a sub-mechanic like VSTAR at that) exists and nothing else have never existed other than the early -ex era, and even then you could argue that Dark Pokémon were some kind of precursor to prize mechanics.
I mean that VSTAR will be replaced shortly after having a solo format, likely with another crappy 3-prize thing.

Also, this site needs to fix its video ads. They make mobile hard to use, they repeat over and over, and they play constantly. I'll have to use AdBlock if that keeps happening. I have to wait to send this post right now because the ad is in the way.

braywing

Aspiring Trainer
So the wording says we can only use 1 VSTAR power per game, it doesn't say we can only use said power once. That definitely makes Arceus VSTAR way more powerful.
It's worded the same way it was for GX attacks and they were only once per game so should be the same idea here.

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like they are running out of ideas. This whole S&S era is just about rebranding old mechanics. I liked the video trailer though. L

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I just wanted to play a fun game of Pokemon, but NO. It's ADP but two prizes and slightly slower.
Where exactly is the power to absolutely cut out 90% of the cards from the format on this card? The only thing similar to ADP is acceleration, and that's been crazy fast for a while now.