TCG Fakes Pokemon VS Heroes Cards Set

disneyfreak00

Aspiring Trainer
I would to present to you my first fan made set been working on it for a year and i think i got all the cards just about done but i want peoples opinion on the cards before i finish the set off.

Set Logo
vs_heroes_logo_1_by_disneyfreak00-d70uzi7.png

Set List
1. Ash's Charizard
2. Ash's Pikachu 2
3. Ash's Sceptile
4. Ash's Staraptor
5. Brock's Crobat
6. Brock's Ludicolo
7. Brock's Steelix
8. James's Amoonguss
9. James's Victreebel
10. Jessie's Dustox
11. Jessie's Yanmega
12. May's Beautifly
13. May's Blaziken
14. May's Glaceon
15. May's Skitty
16. May's Venusaur
17. Ash's Charmeleon
18. Ash's Donphan
19. Ash's Grovyle
20. Ash's Pikachu
21. Ash's Staravia
22. Ash's Swellow
23. Brock's Chansey
24. Brock's Forretress
25. Brock's Goldbat
26. Brock's Lombre
27. Brock's Marshtomp
28. Brock's Sudowoodo
29. James's Cacnea
30. James's Carnivine
31. James's Weezing
32. James's Yamask
33. Jessie's Arbok
34. Jessie's Cascoon
35. Jessie's Frillish
36. Jessie's Seviper
37. May's Combusken
38. May's Ivysar
39. May's Silcoon
40. May's Wartortle
41. Ash's Aipom
42. Ash's Charmander
43. Ash's Phanpy
44. Ash's Starly
45. Ash's Taillow
46. Ash's Torkoal
47. Ash's Treecko
48. Brock's Bonsly
49. Brock's Croagunk
50. Brock's Geodude
51. Brock's Happiny
52. Brock's Lotad
53. Brock's Mudkip
54. Brock's Onix
55. Brock's Pineco
56. Brock's Vulpix
57. Brock's Zubat
58. James's Chimecho
59. James's Growlie
60. James's Inkay
61. James's Koffing
62. James's Mime Jr
63. Jessie's Ekans
64. Jessie's Pumpkaboo
65. Jessie's Wobbuffet
66. Jessie's Woobat
67. Jessie's Wurmple
68. Jessie's Yanma
69. May's Bulbasar
70. May's Eevee
71. May's Munchlax
72. May's Squirtle
73. May's Torchic
74. May's Wurmple
75. Ash Ketchum
76. Brock Supporter
77. Here Comes Team Rocket!
78. May Supporter
79. Bill
80. James Supporter
81. Jessie Supporter
82. Lum Berry
83. Oran Berry
84. Pallet Town
85. Petalburg City
86. Pewter Cty Gym
87. Poké Ball
88. Pokedex
89. Professor Oak
90. Revive
91. Team Rocket HQ
92. Energy Search
93. Potion
94. Switch
95. Ash Ketchum Full Art
96. May Supporter Full Body
97. Double Colorless Energy
98. Rainbow Energy
99. Grass Energy
100. Fire Energy
101. Water Energy
102. Lightning Energy
103. Psychic Energy
104. Fighting Energy
105. Darkness Energy
106. Metal Energy
107. Ashachu
108. Meowth

Booster Packs
vs_heroes_boster_packs_by_disneyfreak00-d7o2jkw.png

I will be posting pics of the set as hyper links to the cards i have done so far only one card has been uploaded to the internet comments would help me improve the cards. One last thing does anybody know of a good image hosting site besides deviant art?

About this card:
may_s_blaziken_wip_by_disneyfreak00-d75mxxx.png

You should change the Illustration credit to Pokémon, or The Pokémon Company International(TPCi), because you didn't made the artwork yourself. And also, nice use of Asche's blanks! :D

Luispipe8 said:
About this card:

You should change the Illustration credit to Pokémon, or The Pokémon Company International(TPCi), because you didn't made the artwork yourself. And also, nice use of Asche's blanks! :D

Okay will do how does the card look overall im thinking of removing the holo part i don't like it and i chose tempest blanks because nobody made fakes with them.

disneyfreak00 said:
Luispipe8 said:
About this card:

Okay will do how does the card look overall im thinking of removing the holo part i don't like it and i chose tempest blanks because nobody made fakes with them.

In all honestly I don't like it, it looks like it's a capture from ther TV show in a day with poor reception. :/ Maybe without the holo effect might look better.

Yea i was more asking about the font and text placement i myself hate the holo for my cards so im going to remove it from the next update also how do i link my images from deviant art to a post?

Just copy the url of the image(with a right click) and insert it in this tags:

Code:
[img]IMAGE URL GOES HERE[/img]

And to save space, you should place it in Spoiler tags. Try that with the setlist as well:

Code:
[spoiler]CONTENT GOES HERE[/spoiler]

That's a lot better! :D And IIRC, there's a guide somewhere in this Forum about the fonts and stuff, but I don't really know.

Okay looks like two card will need to be redone or changed bcs i need my full arts to have holo on them.

Not sure if double posting is allowed but i would like to show off two more cards from the set.

Ash's Charizard
ash_s_charizard_by_disneyfreak00-d7ulap3.png

Brock's Steelix
brock_s_steelix_by_disneyfreak00-d7ulbsk.png

As always feedback is welcome as i want to make sure this set is the best it can be.

Besides some font issues and wording errors, the attacks themselves aren't that exciting. Out of four attacks in this most recent update, only one of them has an additional effect...which isn't really an exciting/novel one anyway.

Part of the fun of faking is creativity, so let your imagination run wild!

CMP said:
Besides some font issues and wording errors, the attacks themselves aren't that exciting. Out of four attacks in this most recent update, only one of them has an additional effect...which isn't really an exciting/novel one anyway.

Part of the fun of faking is creativity, so let your imagination run wild!

Thanks for the feedback what card has the wording error and as for font it was the best font i had since he doesn't have a font guide for these blanks and as for the additional effect most cards don't have any because i couldn't think of any i went off the attacks there pokemon had.

May's Blaziken and Ash's Charizard both have attacks that should read, "Discard 2 [R] Energy attached to _______." Even though Energies isn't used, it may be a helpful grammatical tip to learn that the plural of 'energy' is 'energies,' not 'energy's.'

May's Blaziken's Blaze Poké-Power should read, "Once during your turn (before your attack), you may move 1 [R] Energy attached to 1 of your Pokémon to May's Blaziken. . This power can't be used if May Blaziken is affected by a Special Condition." Wording came from Electivire DP.

Also, in the TCG, Iron Tail is usually a coin flip attack..."Flip a coin until you get tails. This attack does x damage times the number of heads." You don't necessarily have to follow that, of course, but if you're looking for attack ideas...

CMP said:
May's Blaziken and Ash's Charizard both have attacks that should read, "Discard 2 [R] Energy attached to _______." Even though Energies isn't used, it may be a helpful grammatical tip to learn that the plural of 'energy' is 'energies,' not 'energy's.'

May's Blaziken's Blaze Poké-Power should read, "Once during your turn (before your attack), you may move 1 [R] Energy attached to 1 of your Pokémon to May's Blaziken. . This power can't be used if May Blaziken is affected by a Special Condition." Wording came from Electivire DP.

Also, in the TCG, Iron Tail is usually a coin flip attack..."Flip a coin until you get tails. This attack does x damage times the number of heads." You don't necessarily have to follow that, of course, but if you're looking for attack ideas...

Okay may change iron tails effect and what wording should i use for the discard effect?

Take a closer look, I explained it already:
CMP said:

Okay going to post updates to the 3 cards now.

Ash's Charizard
_01_ash_s_charizard_by_disneyfreak00-d7ulap3.png

Brock's Steelix
_07_brock_s_steelix_by_disneyfreak00-d7ulbsk.png

May's Blaziken
_13_may_s_blaziken_by_disneyfreak00-d75mxxx.png

Do they need any other changes because i made changes to similar cards.

Just wanted to let people now this set is still being worked on i need to know what cards you would like to see next and also if in the future if i get the stuff i need done if you guys would like to print out the cards to use for fun at home.

Back