Pokemon TCG Resources and Links

Aoki

Chronically tired
In this thread, you can find useful information regarding the TCG in the links provided below. If you are currently looking for the complete list of articles, TCG discussions, or bascially anything with helpful information, then this is the thread that you can go to for reference.

If you feel a thread deserves to be put here, please PM Dark Giratina.

Simulators

Redshark- another simulator but this time, Redshark has all the sets released over the years.

BebeSearch- A card database that is connected to PlayTCG.me. You can use this website to create and save your decks to playtest them online on PlayTCG. This website also has different helpful resources for you so it's recommended that you check it out.

PlayTCG- an online simulator that is connected to BebeSearch. This simulator is free and doesn't require any payment to be used. This one is also very famous amongst our TCG players here so if you are looking for a simulator that is visually appealing and free, then this is the simulator to use.

Pokemon TCG Online- this one is the Pokemon Company's official simulator. Unlike PlayTCG, you'll need to have access to code cards from the booster packs (Of Black and White Sets) if you want to build a competitive deck. However, if you are new to the game and are looking for tutorials, this site has excellent videos that will teach you how to play the game.

Helpful Threads

Wanted TCG Articles- Looking for something write regarding the TCG? Have writer's block? Visit this thread to look for ideas on what topics you can write.

Metagame Deck Center- This forum section contains articles for some of the more popular decks in this format, as well as lists of what cards are generally considered 'staple' in this format. The thread contains sample decklists as well so feel free to check it out if you are looking for something to playtest. It's very helpful to newer players and returning players as well.

Redshark Support and Questions- Have a question about Redshark? Post it there to get answers!

List of Legal Cards and Sets in the Current Format- This thread contains all the legal cards and sets in the current format.

TCG Card Rulings FAQ- If you have a question about how a card works, it's best you read through this one first in case your question is already answered in this guide.

Ask A Simple Play! Pokemon Question Here- Have a question about tournaments? Want to know when is the next premier event? Ask questions here to get answers.

Upcoming PB TCG Activities and Events- A nifty thread that will be announcing the upcoming changes to the TCG forums. Even though it's not used much these days, it's still handy. You can also check the Forum Portal for TCG updates as well.

Grains of Sand Collection- Up for a little contributing? Visit this thread.

Pokemon TCG YouTube Channels- Currently looking for a few YouTube channels with Pokemon TCG content? Look through the thread to gather ideas.

BW-On Meta Matchups Recording Thread- The thread will contain helpful information about the loss-win ratio of rach deck. However, if you are trying to write up a detailed description of the matchup, then just refer to the deck articles listed below.

Articles

Decks

General

Maybe You'll Find It Here...

Local Leagues and Tournaments- Want to meet up with other PB members in your area? Post your league's address and information here!

New Player's Plaza- If you are a newer player to the TCG, it's highly recommended that you post in here to get advice and quickly catch up with the other players.

TCG Discussions and Activities

Weekly TCG Discussion (Currently being run by [smod]Nigel[/smod])

TCG Bi-Weekly Survey (Ran by [mod]Zorua[/mod])

Theorymon Exercises (Currently being run by [member]The Yoshi[/member])

RE: Helpful Links and Resources

You realize that PB no longer supports Redshark and that that release is very old? It's on 'gym now.

Also, unless you describe what all these links are for, it does very little good. Cool as PlayTCG is, if I didn't already know about it, a simple link to the website wouldn't help me much.

The basic idea behind the thread is nice though. I have no idea what it has to do with competitive TCG strategy of course, but oh well. I guess since CERTAIN PEOPLE WHO MOST LIKELY KNOW WHO THEY ARE (HINT HINT WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE) haven't removed my mod powers in this section yet, I can move it into TCG News & General Discussion for you. :p

Celebi23 said:
You realize that PokéBeach no longer supports Redshark and that that release is very old? It's on 'gym now.

Also, unless you describe what all these links are for, it does very little good. Cool as PlayTCG is, if I didn't already know about it, a simple link to the website wouldn't help me much.

The basic idea behind the thread is nice though. I have no idea what it has to do with competitive TCG strategy of course, but oh well. I guess since CERTAIN PEOPLE WHO MOST LIKELY KNOW WHO THEY ARE (HINT HINT WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE) haven't removed my mod powers in this section yet, I can move it into TCG News & General Discussion for you. :p

I'll work on adding in a brief description for each one, in the meantime, feel free to move it to the desired section if you like. You can even sticky it. :]

I already moved it awhile ago. :l

Also, you should get permission to link to Redshark from a mod. It's still a good program even though it's not on PB anymore; no sense in removing it completely like you just did.

And while you're at it, you could link to Hamachi if you're going to link to BebesSearch and you could do the official online simulator as well.

I think he should use Redshark. Some people actually use it to do mini-tournaments with old sets and such.

This thread seems like it would be a large help to members.

*Sticky*

RE: Helpful TCG Links and Resources

I think you should change the title of the thread to "Helpful PCG Links and Resources" because this is 99% about playing the Pokemon Card Game. And as we all know, TCG stands for Trading Card Game, so technically it should only be used when discussing trading Pokemon cards. And CCG (Collectible Card Game) is for collecting the cards, and PCG is for playing card games.

Or you could just change it to "Helpful Links and Resources for Playing the Card Game" or something like that, cause the title very much mislead me :/

I think Helpful Pokémon/PB Links and Resources would be the best title if we're going to nitpick.

I'd just stick with the current title. Even TPCI refers to it as the Pokemon TCG, so I guess that settles the case here.

I'd suggest removing all those old MDC articles since in three days they're no longer going to be used in tournaments and they're no longer even in the MDC.

Back