Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
TPCi recently released an open letter to the community stating that Pokemon TCG Live would “[roll] out [its] limited beta worldwide by the end of the year.”
Now in a comment to the program’s official forums, a TPCi administrator has specified the target date is actually the end of November. Furthermore, progress is apparently going well, because the administrator stated “so far, nothing has changed on our end.”
The beta was first released in Canada, then expanded to other countries over the course of 2022. This was in an effort to test the beta before rolling it out to larger markets like the United States:

February 22nd...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Ugh... I’m still not a fan of this switch, there are still some issues with with the TCGL client (crafting still having certain limits being the main one) that’ll keep me away from it until I have no choice BUT to make the switch. The fact that’ll more than likely become available next month isn’t something I’m looking forward to.
I feel like that's why it's not on the list, you won't want to target a beta test that is highly flawed to the primary demographic of the online TCG so that the app doesn't decline prior to official release
Beta testing areas are generally kept to smaller secondary markets for stress testing and for weeding out bugs, if you do this in a primary market you run the risk of harming your products bottom line.

Clear

Birb is the Word
I have been using Live for almost 9 months now, and I'm still a bit surprised they are shifting gears this quickly. It looks probably good enough, and as they gacha model goes. It is good enough to push it and just improve QoL things as it is being serviced down the road.

I'm just glad this is finally happening, and we can finally put this muppet call the "online trading market" out of its misery. Instead we can improve on the game itself from here on. I like how organized the discard/Lost pile is without needing to flip through it. And how the game does the damage maths for you? It's great.

Pokemon_TCG_Live_awtzH3jb4I.jpgPokemon_TCG_Live_iceJF3KlnV.jpg

Last edited:

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
I have at least 600 code cards I didn't redeem that I otherwise would have since this game's dusting system was announced, and will have 150ish more after Silver Tempest. Looking forward to redeeming all those, and then getting playsets of Secret Rare Quick Ball, Switch, Escape Rope, Rare Candy, etc etc for dirt cheap compared to trading 50-100 of the latest packs for them like in PTCGO.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Still looks and plays like garbage but I'd consider switching just to abuse the Celebrations exploit before it inevitably gets changed, probably for the US release I bet.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
And they still don't have a timeline for expanded and still no news for nintendo switch support.
I suspect that they’ll hold off on doing Expanded until TPCi decides to either add a point-based restriction system á la Japan’s Palace/Hall of Fame format or they say ”screw it” and rotate out BW and XY sets for balancing purposes. Oh, and AFAIK there haven’t been any notable Expanded tournaments for a good while.

And as far as Nintendo Switch support is concerned I’m just going to assume that it was something that just wasn’t in the cards during development since this is a TPCi-fronted venture, the TCGO had text in its TOS that mentioned Nintendo consoles in the past but it was altered.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
I suspect that they’ll hold off on doing Expanded until TPCi decides to either add a point-based restriction system á la Japan’s Palace/Hall of Fame format or they say ”screw it” and rotate out BW and XY sets for balancing purposes. Oh, and AFAIK there haven’t been any notable Expanded tournaments for a good while.

And as far as Nintendo Switch support is concerned I’m just going to assume that it was something that just wasn’t in the cards during development since this is a TPCi-fronted venture, the TCGO had text in its TOS that mentioned Nintendo consoles in the past but it was altered.
I've dropped off from standard and now exclusively play archies blastoise so I would be really disappointed if they cut expanded. I would prob just stop playing pokemon in general.

Dwarf240

Aspiring Trainer
The time-line has for Pokémon Live has moved up, PTGL will probably go live; start of Gen 9, announcement during their Spring Nintendo Direct, or announcement/reveal at World's 2023 (the latter two with an official date) for the official switch over from Online to Live.

madareja

Aspiring Trainer
The time-line has for Pokémon Live has moved up, PTGL will probably go live; start of Gen 9, announcement during their Spring Nintendo Direct, or announcement/reveal at World's 2023 (the latter two with an official date) for the official switch over from Online to Live.
yes, its best time to release Live.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope dev add deckbox and coin in playmat like in ptcgo.