10types

Aspiring Trainer
Perfect timing for me! I just finished my ladder in PTCGO, used all my tickets, and traded away all the staples that I intend to craft at max rarity! Can't wait to redeem the now 600+ codes I've been holding onto since the announcement!
I cant tell if this is sarcastic or not

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
I cant tell if this is sarcastic or not
I wasn't being sarcastic, although I can see how it might be seen that way and even though I experienced issues with PTCGL after the post.

Aside from hoarding 600+ codes from Brilliant Stars onward, over the past week I used 100+ tickets, traded away common/uncommon versions of cards like Air Balloon for packs, and got the 2K to receive Elise's Sparkle from the ladder. I then traded all the packs from those trades and tournament wins for cheaper trade value V's, Full Arts, and Secret Rares (such as Full Art Colress Experiment and Secret Rare Dark Patch over Full Art Serena or Secret Rare Quick Ball, since they all cost the same in PTCGL to craft.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Honestly, the game feels unplayable not due to bugs, but due to everyone having Lugia... I hate this stupid deck so much. It's the dumbest deck in the history of TCGs...

cruithear

Aspiring Trainer
This is my first experience with Live, and it looks SO much better than PTCGO. I'm sure I'll run into the issues many of you have mentioned, but visually it's a huge leap

Faceless Wonder

Eevee enthusiast
I miss PTCG online already 🥺

What are these graphics?? And no expanded??

(Yes I know there technically is expanded, but it’s only Sun&Moon. And only in causal 😒)

TheWeak

Aspiring Trainer
I've been playing on Live for about 6 months now and have experienced almost no problems. Don't complain about it unless you've tried it. IMO it's better than Online in every way except the lack of real expanded which I hope will be fixed before the official launch.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I've been playing on Live for about 6 months now and have experienced almost no problems. Don't complain about it unless you've tried it. IMO it's better than Online in every way except the lack of real expanded which I hope will be fixed before the official launch.
The wording of the FAQ implies that support won't be added until after launch. Considering the fact that they can't add even one set without 10 cards breaking, I sadly don't expect full Expanded for several years.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
I downloaded it when I was in Canada in the summer, and haven't logged in since. I just got handed playsets or near playsets of lugia, archeops, and some other trainers. Why did this happen?

Glad its open, this is the best way to play Pokémon by far.

EDIT: still no expanded functionality??? that's annoying as hell.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I downloaded it when I was in Canada in the summer, and haven't logged in since. I just got handed playsets or near playsets of lugia, archeops, and some other trainers. Why did this happen?

Glad its open, this is the best way to play Pokémon by far.

EDIT: still no expanded functionality??? that's annoying as hell.
Part of a Lugia deck is free on the Battle Pass.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Meh, I’ll stick with the TCGO until I burn my 1,400+ Tournament tickets on SIT tournaments and use those packs to trade for things I need. I’m also still not happy with Live’s 5-card packs, cards like Tropical Beach being uncraftable, and the lack of a horizontal view for tablets.
Honestly, the game feels unplayable not due to bugs, but due to everyone having Lugia... I hate this stupid deck so much. It's the dumbest deck in the history of TCGs...
It’s in large part due to there being no end-all blocks/punishments for Energy acceleration and I strongly believe it’s intentional on Creatures Inc.’s side of the TCG’s design phase. There ARE ways to “roadblock” or “punish” it but it’s flimsy at best or downright unusable at worst.

magikarp ex

wouldn't you like to know.....
Kept trying to open my battle pass rewards last night and kept erroring out. Opened the game this morning and received over 2000 packs 😅

Last edited:

Mistwalker

Master of Martial Arts
This is my first experience with Live, and it looks SO much better than PTCGO. I'm sure I'll run into the issues many of you have mentioned, but visually it's a huge leap
I agree, its a step in the right direction but of course they have some work to do. The best way to play currently is on PC. Anyone else on iOS devices noticing that your device heats up while playing? Happens on both my iPad mini (6th gen) and iPhone 12 pro. Never have that issue with other games, only these...probably not optimized yet for mobile

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Are you sure it's worldwide? Currently living in SEA and I can't event download the installer without turning on a US VPN.