'Pokemon Sun' and 'Pokemon Moon' Trademarks Filed!

JiJi-T

ID [ Dream ] We all are living in a dream!
HYPED #TEAMMOON for me!

I saw a CAR, goodbye Bicycle!

And some pretty city designs and a BIRD ... but it can be a old Fletchling design.

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer
The announcement is on YouTube now, and you can see some nice Pokemon SM images from 1:42 onwards - it looks amazing! Even if some (such as the palace-type place with the Horsea fountain and the lady with the suitcase) is just concept art, it looks amazing!

I can't wait to find out more about it all!

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Bout time.

CcJkxXqW4AAMYxo.jpg:large

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
Are we going to be able to DRIVE in S/M? Those were some pretty detailed vehicle concepts for just some useless stock background images. And then why would they focus on specifically that?
I like the new round Pokemon Center design.
And YAY a peek at the next gen bird pokemon!

Yaywalter

Aspiring Trainer
There does seem to be a bit of focus on vehicle designs...

Along with FFXV, perhaps 2016 will be the year of roadtrip-themed JRPGs...

SpiffyChicken

Crazy Tepig Lady
I know a lot of people just want news, but I do appreciate their tribute to the game's histories! I love that they started out with the intro to the Gen I games, that's how I started out with Pokemon too, so it gave me goosebumps! That being said, can't wait for those new games! Very exciting stuff!

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
Speculating: Maybe S/M Will have the largest region so far seeing as though you could drive through it. Or maybe there are some places you can only get to by driving. These could also be the games that have the oldest main characters.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
The concept art was interesting, and that's great news for Chinese fans! I think it's pretty neat about being able to transfer Pokemon from Red, Blue, and Yellow to Sun and Moon, especially if they decide to come out with Gold, Silver, and Crystal on the 3DS at some point!

JiJi-T

I checked the video again on Youtube, so I can see it's not a old Fletchling design haha, I guess it's a Woodpecker, that can defiantly learn Drill Run... and I saw another Pokémon it's unclear for me what it is but I guess a Bug type... but not sure!

Also the building with the Horsea fountain, have a Chinchou, Spheal poster on it... maybe a Water show or gym ( But I guess not, because I didn't saw the gym sign bord... )

But the buildings remind me a lot of houses from England, so maybe it's the region that have fought against Kalos in the war?

And the cars are cool too, imagine that Nurse Joy will pick you up to the Pokémon Center! xD
And the Safari car [roadtrip all the way]!!!

But I will pick for now Pokémon Moon, [ no idea why ]:)

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
They even made an ambulance!
They even made a non-colored Blastoise on a car!
They even made a great intro!
#TeamMoon is really real!
Awesome! :p

BigfootAUS

So who wants to be that person and look at the frame by frame of the development montage?
Alright, here we go;

IyovEeL.png

They're using Maya to model & animate their new Pokemon oh god I don't even wanna think about how painful that must be for them. 3DS Max or ZBrush, folks! Come on!

This is too painful for me to think about, I don't wanna think about Maya or how I struggled learning it in first-year animation degree classes. I'm gonna give up on this frame-by-frame thing now.

JiJi-T

Alright, here we go;

IyovEeL.png

They're using Maya to model & animate their new Pokemon oh god I don't even wanna think about how painful that must be for them. 3DS Max or ZBrush, folks! Come on!

This is too painful for me to think about, I don't wanna think about Maya or how I struggled learning it in first-year animation degree classes. I'm gonna give up on this frame-by-frame thing now.

Oh I thought first that it was a Bug... but now that I see it cleary... I can see it's still the Woodpecker xD...

maybe weird, but I also get some Canadian feeling... the cars, the beautiful nature from Canada, and also they mentioned in Pokémon X and Y about Waterfalls... guess what!?

Canada have the Niagara WATERFALLS, and if the building with the Horsea fontain, is the theme for the Niagara waterfalls, sort of park... omg and the buildings looked also at canadian buildings, [ I know I already said this with the English buildings... xD ]

Last edited:

BigfootAUS

Oh I thought first that it was a Bug... but now that I see it clearer... I can see it's still the Woodpecker xD...

Yeah, definitely looks like a new Pokemon. Even that wireframe bird model they showed isn't any current Pokemon - Fletchling and its (overworld?) model used in the XY opening cinematic are too different (especially the wings) to what was shown in the video. Example:

b0dTLUX.png

DuULh6S.png

The more I look at this, the more differences I see. Even the animation skeleton (see the beaks) is different. New Pokemon, yay!