'Pokemon Sun' and 'Pokemon Moon' Trademarks Filed!

Denicham

Victini fan
If pokemon sun and moon are just going to be remakes of kalos/sequels to it, it would be exciting, and i could really see it.
1. Doesn't it at least kind of look like magearna is the mew two(the clone of a mythical) Of kalos, as it looks like diancie.
2. If Xerneas and yveltal represent the red and blue colors of zygarde perfect form, then it is extremely possible that they have some bigger meaning, but i have another theory, but it is kind of weird(number 3)
3. I feel like volcanion has some king of bigger signifigance to the kilos region than we think, There are 2 sets of the color blue and red in the 100% zygarde form. This is why i think that volcano has something to do with zygarde, maybe somewhere in zygarde's timeline, volcanion was the one who originally could transform, but at sometime team flare took its power to transform and tested it by putting it in zygarde, meaning that zygarde can now transform. This is why when volcanion is awakened or comes back in the new movie, he might be going after zygarde to regain its power to transform and turn into some kind of super volcanion that would get revenge on team flare. But this is just something that might not happen and is very unlikely, but it is still something to keep in mind, that volcanion hasn't had his fair share of fame in anything really. So don't bomb me with all those that would never happen, This is just a theory.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
With the new 3ds' power exceeding beyond twice of the original 3ds, I don't think it will die soon

New 3DS barely has any games for it, it's just a mid gen upgrade like the DSi or GBA SP meant to add a few bells and whistles to prolong the generation. And sales for the entire 3DS family have been in decline, so it wouldn't be smart to support it much longer.

also, Pokemon black and white came out for the ds when the 3ds released shortly after.

Which no one except maybe Game Freak really benefited from. Even Nintendo was upset with Game Freak taking so long to make it to the 3DS because it left them without a system seller for the 3DS' early years, so the pressure will be on for Game Freak to transition to the NX sooner rather than later.

As for the rest of Kalos, let them pull a gen 2 on us again.

That probably won't help Kalos. If they do a Johto situation, they'll probably spend most of their time on the new assets for the game, the new region, new Pokemon, new characters, etc., and won't have much time to improve Kalos.

beaulier

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, there is that feel that Kalos is not yet concluded, because the "pattern" would be broken without a (two) third version (s). And Volcanion. And the Zygarde alternative forms. (But they were nowhere to be found in XY/ORAS codes).
And also, there is the need for the next generation already. The total ammount of new Pokémon introduced in Kalos being too low. And Magearna.

But there is a way of binding that together in one new game. And that is by pulling a RB/GS situation here. It's been said that Kalos was like a reboot. The Kalos mysteries left unanswered could be revisited if the new region was connected to it. We still don't know who Kalos fought against in the war, maybe that new region could be it. Maybe somewhere based off of England would be my guess.

And, I don't really remember. Have they ever made a Nintendo Direct to announce a third version game before? B2W2 was announced during Pokémon Smash and Platinum on CoroCoro, if I'm not mistaken. I'm hyped for this!

Rozureido

Aspiring Trainer
I completely believe that Z was always intended to be made. There is too much evidence to say it wasn't, but plans change and ideas are abandoned. Sun and Moon could be XY's game three, but it really doesn't feel like it to me. For one thing it has been way too long for a game three at this point. No gen has ever had a gap this big. If SM is released in October (a likely time frame given its announcement date) that will be three years since XY. Everything points to Z supposed to be being released last year. It seems likely that during its development Game Freak was told to stop production and put all resources into a 20th Anniversary game.

They are pushing this Anniversary thing hard. Nintendo wants to make money on this milestone and NOTHING prints cash for Nintendo like a Generation starting main series game. We the fans think of Pokemon as a hobby. Nintendo thinks of it as a way to create profits. After a couple years of dropping revenue Nintendo needs a new Gen of Pokemon to help its bottom line. They could care less that we never got Eternal Floette or AZOTH. I'm sure these games will have enhanced features that will sell a boat load of New 3DS systems. People wouldn't have cared as much if it were a third game, but they will care about a new generation. I know if the features are worth it I will upgrade my system. I also feel like the NX will have backwards compatibility and will unlock things in these games as well. Nintendo needs games to sell system, and nothing sells systems like Pokemon does. I worked at Wal Mart when X and Y were released. I sold more 3DS systems that weekend than at any point in my two year employment. If SM has anything that can be exploited nostalgia wise (and with them coming during an Anniversary year you can bet your Pokemon League Hat it will) then system sales will be even stronger.

Well played Nintendo, well played.

Yaywalter

Aspiring Trainer
I completely believe that Z was always intended to be made. There is too much evidence to say it wasn't, but plans change and ideas are abandoned. Sun and Moon could be XY's game three, but it really doesn't feel like it to me. For one thing it has been way too long for a game three at this point. No gen has ever had a gap this big. If SM is released in October (a likely time frame given its announcement date) that will be three years since XY. Everything points to Z supposed to be being released last year. It seems likely that during its development Game Freak was told to stop production and put all resources into a 20th Anniversary game.

They are pushing this Anniversary thing hard. Nintendo wants to make money on this milestone and NOTHING prints cash for Nintendo like a Generation starting main series game. We the fans think of Pokemon as a hobby. Nintendo thinks of it as a way to create profits. After a couple years of dropping revenue Nintendo needs a new Gen of Pokemon to help its bottom line. They could care less that we never got Eternal Floette or AZOTH. I'm sure these games will have enhanced features that will sell a boat load of New 3DS systems. People wouldn't have cared as much if it were a third game, but they will care about a new generation. I know if the features are worth it I will upgrade my system. I also feel like the NX will have backwards compatibility and will unlock things in these games as well. Nintendo needs games to sell system, and nothing sells systems like Pokemon does. I worked at Wal Mart when X and Y were released. I sold more 3DS systems that weekend than at any point in my two year employment. If SM has anything that can be exploited nostalgia wise (and with them coming during an Anniversary year you can bet your Pokemon League Hat it will) then system sales will be even stronger.

Well played Nintendo, well played.

I don't think a Pokemon Z was ever intended to be a reality. Game Freak has said that they like to be unpredictable and have the newest Pokemon entries be a surprise.

I'm not refuting the fact that there's evidence to suggest Pokemon Z, but I do think that it was intentional misdirection on the part of Game Freak. Make players think Pokemon Z is a given, then surprise us with something entirely different.

Regarding Sun and Moon not being XY's game three... well, I agree and disagree. I do think Sun and Moon will be whole new games that kick off Gen 7, but I do think that they'll have some ties to XY & ORAS.

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
That probably won't help Kalos. If they do a Johto situation, they'll probably spend most of their time on the new assets for the game, the new region, new Pokemon, new characters, etc., and won't have much time to improve Kalos.

While you have a good point, you should remember that this is the 3DS we are talking about, not the Nintendo DS/Lite where HeartGold and SoulSilver got released on. With the extra power within the 3DS/New 3DS, and if I'm not mistaken, cartridges with greater space, its very possible that two regions (Kalos and the new regions) could be played if this is really a follow up to X and Y but in a better way, with greater level and difficulity balance, hopefully.

X and Y, to my opinion, were also pretty short for main game story campaigns if you ask me, shorter than even the original Kanto in the original Red and Blue/Green versions, so fitting it into the new set of games and improving with space to spare should be doable without many compromises this time around.

Where as X and Y were pretty much a new version of Red and Blue, I expect Sun and Moon to be akin to what Gold and Silver were, with several features returning.

Ririka

Give me Mega Milotic, now.
Yes, there is that feel that Kalos is not yet concluded, because the "pattern" would be broken without a (two) third version (s). And Volcanion. And the Zygarde alternative forms. (But they were nowhere to be found in XY/ORAS codes).
And also, there is the need for the next generation already. The total ammount of new Pokémon introduced in Kalos being too low. And Magearna.

But there is a way of binding that together in one new game. And that is by pulling a RB/GS situation here. It's been said that Kalos was like a reboot. The Kalos mysteries left unanswered could be revisited if the new region was connected to it. We still don't know who Kalos fought against in the war, maybe that new region could be it. Maybe somewhere based off of England would be my guess.

And, I don't really remember. Have they ever made a Nintendo Direct to announce a third version game before? B2W2 was announced during Pokémon Smash and Platinum on CoroCoro, if I'm not mistaken. I'm hyped for this!

I think i can agree with this theory of XY-SM might be related like RB-GS is. They're being pretty blatant on promoting Gen 6 as a 'Gen 1 like' game, with all the nostalgia part put there, and it wouldn't be too surprising if Gen 7 will be closely related (pokemon wise and region wise) with Gen 6 to remind us of how Kanto-Johto is closely related. This new region, whatever it is, might replicate that. We might be seeing another re-visit to Kalos on this Sun & Moon if it's really a new Gen game or something.

Well i hope it'll be answered in the upcoming hours Direct i guess.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
With the extra power within the 3DS/New 3DS, and if I'm not mistaken, cartridges with greater space, its very possible that two regions (Kalos and the new regions) could be played if this is really a follow up to X and Y but in a better way, with greater level and difficulity balance, hopefully.

The 3DS definitely has the space and processing power to do a full 2 regions, if not more. I don't even think they'd need to move on to the N3DS since it's not like Pokémon games are very processor-heavy anyway (turn-based battles and all). In fact, my own personal theory for the games involves starting in a new separate region (Germany-like or so) and then traveling via train tracks back to Kalos for a separate storyline/post-game with Zygarde. How likely is that? NO IDEA! But I think it would be fun.

Yaywalter

Aspiring Trainer
I think i can agree with this theory of XY-SM might be related like RB-GS is. They're being pretty blatant on promoting Gen 6 as a 'Gen 1 like' game, with all the nostalgia part put there, and it wouldn't be too surprising if Gen 7 will be closely related (pokemon wise and region wise) with Gen 6 to remind us of how Kanto-Johto is closely related. This new region, whatever it is, might replicate that. We might be seeing another re-visit to Kalos on this Sun & Moon if it's really a new Gen game or something.

Well i hope it'll be answered in the upcoming hours Direct i guess.

Good points.

And speaking of the upcoming Direct...

What'll you folks be doing to pass the time aboard the Pokemon Direct Hype Train Express? I'm playing Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. ;)

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
What'll you folks be doing to pass the time aboard the Pokemon Direct Hype Train Express? I'm playing Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. ;)

I plan on going out later today in search of a Bravely Second LE box. :p I'm very excited for the Direct, though! Since it's only supposed to be 5 minutes long, I don't expect to get much information yet, but the start of a new game cycle is always a blast to be a part of! :D

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I highly, highly doubt that it will be NX exclusive given that they're announcing it today and the NX hasn't even been formally revealed.

Serpens

Aspiring Trainer
Guys, I think all of us need a more cool-headed approach. I know you're all excited, but stop looking too much forward. We don't even know if those are real, and you're already making all those decisions and speculations.

Yaywalter

Aspiring Trainer
Guys, I think all of us need a more cool-headed approach. I know you're all excited, but stop looking too much forward. We don't even know if those are real, and you're already making all those decisions and speculations.

Dismissing unsubstantiated rumors is one thing, but what evidence there is for Sun and Moon is compelling enough to make this cool headed skeptic fairly certain that they're real.

What Sun and Moon actually are is anyone's guess at this point, certainly. But guess what? Guessing is part of the fun.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
All rested up with the Direct in 2 hours. Some things I thought of:

1. If it really is a G/S type scenario, how hype would it be to get Johto starters along with our Gen 7 starters, like we got the Kantos with our Gen 6 starters haha?

2. If it is a G/S type scenario... idk if they'd reveal that aspect (of it connecting to Kalos) right away. So be prepared for that too!

Sentret_C

Aspiring Trainer
Definitely the most exciting news to Chinese players over the years, while it just confirmed Sun & Moon for the rest of you guys... Of course we can expect more details coming soon.

Edit: Guess I was too hyped to notice other things... Gonna watch it again.

Last edited: