Status
Not open for further replies.

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Ignore the names and stuff - they're just place holders so I don't have to call them Place, Thing, Bad Guy, etc. Plus it makes the story that much more cool and real-sounding.

I don't need to tell anyone that the Pokemon storyline is old and needs a refreshing twist to it.

This is that twist. Welcome to Pokemon Shroob.

The storyline as you know it is thrown out the window in favor of a new story, one where your goal is not to collect Badges and become Pokemon Master of the Universe. Read on, but you may want to go to the bathroom first because I cannot be held responsible if you wet yourself from the greatness of this. ;)

Upon watching the game's undoubtedly EPIC introduction, you come past the title screen, and hit New Game.

In every game you are greeted with Professor Tree, who explains a little bit about who he is, and what he does. In this game, though, that's totally OUT THE WINDOW and replaced with a dude. Who cares what he looks like, not me. But this dude is your commanding officer and his name is Commander Riskbreakers. You are not some 10-year-old kid fresh outta diapers going to travel the cold, lonely world on your own - you are nearly adult age, around 16 or 17, possibly 18. You're a new recruit in the academy, and from this day forward your job is to train hard and stop bad guys, and hopefully some day the academy will be able to get their hands on bacon, evil tyrannic leader of Team Twilight (not to be confused with your neighborhood friendly Team Twilight).

Changes:

- You're not ten years old anymore. This didn't bother me until someone mentioned that you are a little kid in every single game.
- You have a job. Nothing too huge but I'd like to be something other than a random kid out to raise his Pokemon.
- You could care less about collecting Badges.

After you decide on your gender and name, the game starts. You wake up at home in Silver City, one of the biggest cities in Dubbel (the region, rhymes with double). The alarm goes off and you crawl out of bed. Your mom hollers at you that you're going to get the belt again if she has to call you one more time. You remember that it's your first day of work today and your dad had to pull a lot of strings to land you this job, so you'd better not be late and make him look like a fool. Grabbing your backpack, you head out the door and into the city.

Changes:

- Both parents live at home. This always bothered me because your dad was always MIA. Your dad was a Gym Leader in gen 3, but I think that's cheating - he still never came home. In this game both your parents live together - at the start of the game your dad is at work but he will periodically be at home over the course of the game, and by its end as well.
- You no longer live in a sleepy little village that consists of your house, the rival's house, and the lab. Is there some law about starting in a city I don't know about? That is definitely changed.

You can explore the city, but you can't do a whole lot since you're a rookie and you don't even have a Pokemon to defend yourself, so don't even think about leaving. Run to Academy HQ where you'll find Commander Riskbreakers waiting rather impatiently for your arrival. It seems you're barely on time. If you want to keep this job, you'd better not be late again! Inside you receive your employee ID (Trainer Card) and Poke-doohickey (the Pokenav/Poketch/whatever thing). You are told that your first assignment is an easy one - subdue a Twilight Grunt causing havoc in the PokeMart. Since you're a rookie, you get to take one of three Pokemon. One's Grass, one's Water, and one's Fire. What they evolve into is irrelevant. After you've chosen your starting Pokemon, you're free to explore as much of the HQ as you can (which isn't much since you lack the clearance to go any further into the building). When you're ready, head to the PokeMart.

What's different?

- You can run as soon as you set foot out of your house. Not being able to run when both your legs work fine? Psh.
- Your Trainer Card is given to you rather than found on hand from the get-go.

The Grass-Water-Fire triad is still present, mainly because Fighting-Psychic-Dark is flawed, and the Grass-Water-Fire triad works perfectly. There is no reason to change it.

Upon reaching the PokeMart you reach the grunt in question. You identify yourself and the grunt whips out his Pokemon on you. Do the same and beat him. You leave the building with the grunt in tow and a person about your age shows up. They are the same gender as you but for confusion purposes, this other dude is a he. His name is Newdude and he's a rookie too. He lives in Mew Town, some tiny little town that's nowhere near here. He explains to you that it's his first day too and Commander Riskbreakers sent him out to assist you, but too bad you just did it all yourself. Bring the grunt back to Academy HQ and the good guys will lock him up, You two will then be rewarded for your trouble via some money and items. Nothing flashy, maybe a couple of Potions and like $500. You get congratulated on a job well done, you guys are real promising and might end up being promoted if you keep up the good work. Newdude says bye and the screen fades to black.

Changes:

- You talk, as in actively speak in the text box. This is pretty important, I'm sick of being a mute.
- Your rival has a name. Some people might be put off by the fact that they can't name the rival anymore, but I don't see why he shouldn't have his own name when every other major character does.
- I didn't mention this above, but the rival doesn't always choose the Pokemon that yours gets pwned by. It's chosen randomly (you might even wind up with the same Pokemon). This is mainly because you work for the police force, and I think it would stand to reason that the situation was like "sorry, that was our absolute last one forever. Pick something else." No, it's "oh, you want Charmander too? No sweat, let me go get one, this kid just took one."
- There's actually a hint of a story now rather than "thrust kid into world and hope he becomes great."

When the screen fades in, you find yourself at home, where your mom tells you that Commander Riskbreakers has a job for you to do, and you'd better get to Academy HQ on the double. When you get there, Newdude and Commander Riskbreakers are already there waiting for you. Turns out that today he's going to send you two kids on a group mission - apparently Team Twilight has been causing trouble in nearby Sparta Town, and you guys are gonna go stop them. Your job is to arrest the ringleader. Before you guys go, though, you'll need to visit Professor Frangipani and get the Pokedex from her personally since she hasn't delivered the order yet. She lives in Silver City, so it's all good. Head on over there and she will give each of you a Pokedex. She also gives each of you five Poke Balls and will instruct you on how to use them if you ask. Now you guys are set. Leave out of the city, fighting random Trainers and wild Pokemon to gain experience.

Changes:

- You get paired up with Newdude at the start of the game. That's right, doubles. This is to show you that yes it does exist and no you're not gonna get out of not doing any doubles fights. It's a pretty short section, but it doesn't have to be! :>
- Female professor because I'm sick of looking at old white dudes. Professor Frangipani is going to be young and smokin' hot. I mean gorgeous.
- Some wild Pokemon are fought 1v2, some are fought 2v2. It's entirely random.
- Some Trainers will fight you in 2v2 fights (and not just like Twins, Sis & Bro, etc, they'll just randomly bust out 2 Pokemon and you have no idea which ones do or don't until it's too late, and they will fight you 2v1 too, so be on your guard)

Upon setting foot in Sparta Town, a woman who spots your uniform stops you and requests help - she's just been robbed! The thief went "that way," so go that way and you will be stopped by various Twilight Grunts. Stomp them down and do other stuff to make your way to said ringleader. Best him in a double battle and he will go quietly. Don't forget to return the stuff the bad guy stole. Once back at Academy HQ, you are given the hookup once more. Commander Riskbreakers thanks you for bringing this scumbag to justice, job well done, he leaves. Newdude also leaves, but not before thanking you for sticking with him, it was fun. Fade to black.

Changes:

- Uniforms. You and your rival look the same (for now) except obviously for the face.
- Grunts are named - this always bothered me that all the grunts you'd fight were not named. How many copies of "Team Rocket Grunt" do you wanna fight? None. What's wrong with "Rocket Grunt Harvey" or "Magma Grunt Richard?" Absolutely nothing. Why should the admins be the only ones cool enough for a different sprite and a name?

Screen fades in. You're at home again. There's a knock on your door, and it's Newdude. He wants you to go investigate some suspicious activity in Sparta Town. If you say yes, he will join you and you guys can go do that little side-quest for some free experience. If you say no, he will go do it on his own, and this also adds one to his betrayal counter. It's a hidden value you can't see that determines Newdude's fate over the course of the game (explained later).

If you say yes, do the mission, and then right after you're finished, he reminds you that Commander Riskbreakers wanted to see you.

If you say no, Newdude will leave, but not before reminding you that Commander Riskbreakers wanted to see you.

Go see Commander Riskbreakers, and he will tell you that there have been threats of violence coming from Phazon Lake to the north, past Gale City, and he thinks this will be a good warmup for you as a solo mission, explaining that Newdude has his orders already. Only problem is, he mentions, is that the Kay Gee Forest between Phazon Lake and Gale City is littered with small trees that have to be cut down, and you'll need the first Badge to do it. He gives you HM Cut straight away, but it sucks that you can't use it out of battle without the first Badge.

Leave Academy HQ and you can now leave towards Phazon Lake. The first Gym is in Gale City, and they specialize in Psychic-types. They Gym Leader uses three Pokemon, average level is 15. Defeat him and you get the first Badge and the right to use Cut out of battle. Leave the gym.

"Mono-type Gyms again? Booooooooo." - In Shroob, the new Pokemon found are so diverse in type that you cannot simply sweep say, this Gym, with a Poochyena. No, the Meditites and new Psychic/Bugs here will have a field day with you. That's just an example, though. It may be a bit monotonous, but it's hard, and the Elite Four is NO JOKE.

If Newdude left on his own, you will see a cut scene here involving him and some crazy dude with green hair. The green-haired guy will ask for Newdude's name and just have a good ol' chat with him. Nothing out of the ordinary there. It then fades back to you outside of the Gale City Gym.

Teach something Cut and make your way towards Phazon Lake, becoming stronger as you do. Upon reaching it you notice that Team Twilight is there and they are using a machine to tame the wild Pokemon in the lake! We can't have this, so in the name of justice, you attack one of them. Little do you realize, however, is that you're fighting one of the higher-ups of Team Twilight, Twilight Lord c-m. And his Pokemon are all level 60. Needless to say, you get annihilated.

Changes:

- optional doubles-filled sidequest for those that like doubles
- sidequests in general (hooray!)
- The rival plays a more active role in the game. I thought it was kinda silly that your rival was just like you - a random kid from a random town out to raise his Pokemon. Your rival has a more fleshed out story than you do. You hardly ever see him and when he does he forces you into battle without a second thought (more on that later). In Shroob, he is an important character, and if you make the right (wrong?) decisions, he will join Team Twilight (more on that later)
- As you can see, Gym Badges are no longer a priority, but still necessary for progression
- You can re-challenge Gym Leaders at any time
- The title of "Lord" is a much cooler title than "Admin," I decided
- A cool change I thought - OWNED battles. Basically, they're battles you are supposed to lose. Anyone who's played various RPGs has most certainly played a game where there's a fight you're not supposed to win. Sometimes, with sufficient leveling, you can honestly win against these fights, but that's dumb. You're supposed to lose, not train like a freak and legitimately win. Because I hate that, there's a failsafe built into the game so if you beat c-m on the first try, you meet the game over screen.

Game over screen? That's right, kids, Pokemon Shroob is no walk in the park. If you lose, YOU LOSE. Game over, hope you saved. In normal role-playing games, if you're in a dungeon and the monsters annihilate you, it's game over, not quick flee to safety with some money lost. The upside to having a game over screen is that if you lose, you don't lose any money... just progress. Save often! ;)

The battle ends and Team Twilight laughs at you. Then in typical bad guy fashion, they spew some information about their plans to take over the world using legendary Pokemon, and then in a cheap, poorly scripted exit, they pull a Giovanni and vanish with a quick fade out-fade in. You are now all alone at Phazon Lake, free to do whatever you want. Of course, now that Team Twilight is gone, there are a few people you can run some errands for (read as: side quests) that you can do for some goodies or experience for your Pokemon.

Head back to Academy HQ for your next assignment. Commander Riskbreakers informs you and Newdude that small groups of Twilight grunts are disturbing the peace and it's your guys's job to take them out. He gives you a World Map and pinpoints the locations of the disturbances. With a quick "yes, sir," you two are on the case. But then things get a little different.

If you let Newdude go alone to Sparta Town, he will run off by himself (he will randomly do a mission so you don't have to).

If you went with Newdude to Sparta Town, he will ask to go with you. If you turn him down, his betrayal counter will go up one, and he will run off by himself to do a mission on his own. If you let him go with you, you can continue to fight people as a pair (2 on 2, 2 on 1, whatever the case may be) and do the missions yourself. They're based around Sparta Town, Silver City, Phazon Lake, and Gale City, and you can do them in any order. Do them all just for the experience, and there are a couple new side quests in Sparta Town to be had for cash and prizes.

After the last mission has been done, report back to Academy HQ, and you are surprised to find that due to excellent service, you both are being promoted to (rank 2)! You can now access the second floor of Academy HQ, which includes the GTS as well as some more cool stuff that's probably in Platinum that I thankfully don't have to describe in detail.

You're free to go, but the second you try to exit, an alarm goes off! OH NOES!

Frantic, Commander Riskbreakers assesses the situation. He informs you that Team Twilight has taken over the radio tower in Sparta Town! You guys should be able to handle it pretty easily, but you'll need the second Badge so you can use Rock Smash out of battle because of blockades that Team Twilight set up. Awesomely enough, the second Badge is in Silver City, so get in there and do it. Since Newdude needs the Badge too, he'll be tagging along with you whether you like it or not. Receive HM Rock Smash.

Silver City Gym specializes in Bug-types. Average level is 22 and there ain't no Caterpie or Metapod or anything like that in here - it's Beedrill, Butterfree, and assorted bugs that rock, not no L24 Kakuna or whatever. Psh.

Silver wanted to be the Leader so I said he could. Sucks that he's in charge of the BUG GYM LOL. He uses 4 Pokemon, all level 24. Win, get Badge, get to the tower.

After beating your way to the top of the radio tower, you come face to face with Twilight Lord Zilla who foolishly tells you more of their plan to... I don't know, do something evil involving legendary Pokemon. However this time you are supposed to win. He only uses two Pokemon, but they are both at level 27.

After you win, you will go to arrest him, but he pulls a Giovanni and does the fade-out-fade-in-zomg-he's-gone.

If you let Newdude go alone to Sparta Town, Zilla will tell Newdude a few extra things before he leaves. You will ask about them and Newdude will dismiss them as nothing. His betrayal counter will go up by one.

Report your failure back to Commander Riskbreakers, who doesn't care that Zilla got away, but you're safe and you look pretty tough. For holding your own against a Twilight Lord, you both get promoted to (rank 3)! You can now access the third floor of Academy HQ, which contains more cool stuff.

Now that you guys are (rank 3) (and have access to a new HM), you are strong enough to leave Silver City due south. There aren't any reports that need handling, as the new recruits can do those for training. You're free to do what you want, which includes fighting the now-stronger Trainers that lace the routes you've already traveled, or continue with the story and head for Stigma City.

Before you and Newdude leave HQ, he challenges you to a battle in the brand-new battling facility that you guys now have access to. He will then go there and wait for you. At this point, you are free to do as you wish. You can either go fight Newdude and then he'll go on his way, or you can leave him hanging and progress, but if you set foot outside of Silver City without battling him, his betrayal counter will go up by one. He will remain there until you either fight him, or trigger the event that lets you progress.

Changes:

- Rival fights are optional. I absolutely hated going around and BAM there's my rival wanting to beat the daylights out of me. This SUCKED. Notable sucky times include at the end of the S.S. Anne and at the end of RSE's Victory Road. You never even see them coming. They just blindside you and force you into a battle, and that's lame.
- The outcome of this fight doesn't kill you. It's nothing life-or-death, just a friendly spar. The only thing you can win from this fight is experience - no money or items are rewarded.

Newdude's Pokemon are all around level 25 for this fight, no matter how long he's been with you or what his levels were beforehand.

Anyway, regardless of your option, go to Stigma City when you're ready.

Stigma City has a Gym in it, but if you challenge it now, you will most assuredly lose - the average level of the Gym Trainers in here is 55. You also can't get to the Gym Leader without Waterfall, which you can't use out of battle until you have six Badges.

When you get there, speak to various townsfolk and they'll ask you to do random things for them. After you've done a couple missions, Commander Riskbreakers calls you on the Poke-doohickey and tells you that something's up, get back to HQ on the double. Do just that. Upon arriving, you and Newdude receive your next mission. According to the latest intel, a secret entrance into Verde Tower has been found. It is explained that Verde Tower is part of Twilight Towers, Team Twilight's main stronghold, found far in the north. It's a dangerous mission, but you guys can do it if you work together.

To find the secret entrance you will need to take the secret path at Phazon Lake. When you get there, you will be taken to Verde Tower's secret entrance. You are given explosives that you are to plant after taking Zilla into custody.

Head to Phazon Lake, and then into Verde Tower. Once you get inside, you will find that there are two paths to take.

If you let Newdude go alone to Sparta Town, he will insist on ascending the tower alone, and he will take one of the paths depending on his current betrayal count. Whatever path he takes, you won't be able to ascend the tower taking the same path (but on your way back down you can take it, to get items and stuff (at your own risk though)).

If you went with Newdude to Sparta Town, you can choose to go with Newdude or split up and each of you take a path. If you choose to split up, you get to choose which path you take. If you go together, you can take either path.

Once you're inside, it's the point of no return. Nowhere to go but up.

Once a bunch of Twilight Grunts have been dispatched, you finally reach the top where Zilla is surprised you're here.

If Newdude insisted on ascending the tower alone, you find that Newdude is already here and he and Zilla are having a chat.

In any other scenario, you and Newdude arrive at the same time.

Zilla knows why you're here, and he's not going down without a fight. He challenges you to a fight, which is done 2-on-2. If Newdude ascended the tower alone, you fight Zilla by yourself. In any other scenario, Newdude will join you for this battle.

Zilla uses four Pokemon, each around level 30. Defeat him and he will pull a Giovanni, leaving behind HM Fly, which you can't use out of battle yet. Plant your explosives. A timer starts, and you have to GET OUT NOW before they explode and, well, kill you. It is now that you can take the path you didn't travel - a few items are available on the ground so you kinda have to if you wanna get them all.

Back at the secret entrance, a scene plays that shows you getting out of there just in time, as well as Verde Tower exploding and crumbling to the ground.

Upon arriving, you guys are revered as heroes because you rule. One tower down, four towers remain. Because you guys are such awesome dudes, you both get promoted to (rank 4). As congratulations, you both receive a $10000 bonus and access to a new part of the building that has something cool to do in it. Sweet deal! As an extra added bonus, you get a randomly chosen starter out of the ones you didn't pick (so if you took Charmander, you will be given either Squirtle or Bulbasaur), at level five.

Back to work, though. According to intel, Team Twilight is after Articuno, rumored to be in a cave on Duke Island (think Cinnabar Island in terms of what kind of "island" this is, filled with people, etc). All the patrol boats are being used, so you'll have to hoof it. Commander Riskbreakers gives you HM Surf, but until you get the Badge from Riku City, it's worthless to you. Riku City is found south of Stigma City, and it's the largest city in Dubbel. Get going.

Riku City has the Game Corner (which is a REAL Game Corner, with multiple games, rather than SLOTS SLOTS SLOTS LOL, but different (better) from the stuff at HQ), and the Department Store (the highlight of any game). It also has the third Gym, and they all use Dark-types. Average level is 32. The Gym Leader uses five Pokemon, average level of 34. Badge Get!!

Now that you've gotten your Badge, you are free to head to Phazon Lake and surf past it to reach Duke Island. Immediately upon entering you meet Twilight Lord Ditto, who has been sent here to investigate the cave and capture Articuno. Ditto lets slip that Articuno isn't here, and he was going to leave, but he's going to give you a thrashing instead since you decided that you're going to arrest him here and now.

Ditto has five Pokemon, all level 32. Upon defeat, he vanishes like a wuss. You are free to explore the cave, new Pokemon, items, whatever.

Duke Island also has a Gym on it, so you are free to challenge it if you wish - the levels are appropriate for you, so you may as well get it out of the way. Trainers here use Dragon-types, average level 35. The Gym Leader uses six Pokemon, average level 37. The Badge earned here lets you use Fly out of battle.

Go back to HQ to give your report. As you finish, one of your superiors mentions that they are ready to strike at any time, and Commander Riskbreakers gives the order to go. The other guy rushes out, and Commander Riskbreakers tells you what that was all about: for quite some time, you guys have been staking out Amari Tower, the main station of Twilight Lord Ditto. Now that Ditto left, it's your perfect chance to strike. You guys won't be participating in this task as there are already plenty of agents on the mission. Instead, you guys are free to do what you will for now. Check the Poke-doohickey for missions you can do. You can do these with or without Newdude.

After completing a few extra missions, you will see a cutscene of Amari Tower falling. Head back to Academy HQ and there is more celebrating. Even though you guys didn't do anything important, everyone is given a week's vacation. Various cheers ensue, fade to black.

This is the halfway point in the game, and also the point that determines Newdude's fate. There are four separate times in which Newdude's betrayal counter would increase. If you increased the value all four times, Newdude will betray the academy and join Team Twilight. The rest of the game's scenes depends on whether or not Newdude is on your side anymore.

One week later...

It's late at night. You're in bed sleeping when you are awakened by a loud banging noise at your front door. Get up and answer it. Turns out it's Newdude, and something majorly bad has happened! (If Newdude has betrayed you at this point, Commander Riskbreakers is here instead). Team Twilight has come out in full force and stormed Academy HQ, throwing everyone out and taking it over for themselves.

There's no way you're gonna let this slide, so the two of you set out to take back Academy HQ.

At this point, Newdude (or Commander Riskbreakers) will ask if you want him to fight alongside you. If you want to fight in doubles style, let him join. If you'd rather play 1v1, decline his offer. Either way, they will still tag along with you. Commander Riskbreakers's Pokemon are all about level 35; Newdude's are the same.

Academy HQ has five floors. Make your way to the top floor to find two members of Team Twilight waiting for you. If Newdude is with you, it's Lord Zilla and and Lord Ditto - if Commander Riskbreakers is with you, it's Newdude and Lord Zilla. They will fight against you together in 2v2 combat. They each use three Pokemon, average level is 40. Wipe them out and they will take off, leaving all of their grunts behind to be arrested by the remainder of the police force.

After the fight and everything is back to normal, Commander Riskbreakers congratulates you on a job well done, and promotes you to (rank 5). Now you can explore Academy HQ in its entirety (not that you haven't anyway).

Not willing to risk another attack like that, Commander Riskbreakers gathers everyone together and informs them that you are going to storm Twilight Towers - more specifically, Black Tower, where bacon resides, that fiend.

However, not only would you have to travel through Mt. Houndoom to do so (which is dangerous), there are protective barriers preventing your entry. According to intel, the origin points of these barriers are the other two towers - Azlue Tower and Indigo Tower.

The main entrance to Mt. Houndoom is north of Phazon Lake. It has three other exits, each leading towards a different tower.

While the rest of the group is preparing its expedition to Azlue Tower, you are ordered to investigate Rory Woods to the east. According to intel, Team Twilight is disturbing the peace there by creating an artificial fog to mess people up. Getting rid of the fog should be easy enough, but no men can be spared at the time. Looks like it's up to you to get rid of it. Commander Riskbreakers gives you HM Defog. Too bad he doesn't know you can't use Defog out of battle yet, so you're gonna have to go get that ability. That Gym is in Sato City, found a quick surf west from Riku City. It's a Steel-type Gym, and the average level is 42. The Leader uses six Pokemon, average level 44.

The path west is blocked by a gigantic boulder, so you can't go there quite yet. Some people and their Pokemon are working on destroying the boulder, so you'll have to come back at a later time.

Rory Woods is east of Silver City. When inside, use Defog and whip the Twilight Grunts present. When everything's back to normal, you're free to continue east to Kronar City, which has a Gym in it, but you can't get anywhere without Strength, which you can't use out of battle (and don't have, in any case). Worst of all, the Gym Leader is sick and not up for battles, so you're triply screwed. Stay out of there for now.

Head back to Academy HQ and you are informed that the main unit has already left for Azlue Tower - you're late. Hurry up and catch up with them.

Head north towards Mt. Houndoom and head west, surfing across the water in the cave, and eventually you will wind up at the base of Azlue Tower.

You get told by another member that the main unit has already gone inside, but they could use some backup. Head inside and ascend the tower, picking off whatever few grunts are unfortunate enough to get in your way. If Newdude is part of Team Twilight, he will serve as that dungeon's mini-boss halfway up the tower (if he's not, it'll just be a stronger grunt). At the top of the tower is the boss, Twilight Lord Grayson, who fights you in 2v2 combat. His six Pokemon are around level 47.

Upon his defeat, Grayson runs like a sissy, but not before activating the selfdestruct sequence! Run as fast as you can out of the tower before you get blown to smithereens. Upon leaving, cue the cut scene of the tower's destruction. Two to go!

Back at HQ, as a reward for taking out Grayson, you are given the third starter, at level five.

Unfortunately, there's no time to rest - preparations for taking out Indigo Tower have already begun. You are free to do random missions until preparations are complete.

That boulder from before has been destroyed, so head to the now-unblocked Mew Town. Gym number six is here, and the Trainers here enjoy using Ghost-type Pokemon. Average level is 50. The Leader uses six Pokemon, average level of 52. The Badge obtained here lets you use Waterfall out of battle, an HM that you get as a reward from doing a certain side quest unlocked after defeating the Leader.

You're also free to challenge Stigma City's Gym now. They use Water-types, and the Leader's six Pokemon are about level 57. The Badge obtained here lets you use Strength out of battle. Get HM Strength from winning a certain mini game in Riku City's Game Corner.

Once you have seven Badges, you will receive a call on the Poke-doohickey to get back to HQ on the double. Do so and you will be briefed on the mission. Team Twilight is mad that you've been kicking their butts, and they've focused a ton of their resources on protecting Indigo Tower, which is your next destination. It will be your toughest challenge yet, but Commander Riskbreakers has faith in all of you.

Back in Mt. Houndoom, you will take the path leading to the right, which requires you to move a few strategically placed boulders with Strength. Once in Indigo Tower, it's the same story as before - get to the top, thrashing grunts. Newdude once again appears as the mini-boss halfway up if he's on their side (strong grunt otherwise). At the top of Indigo Tower you will meet Twilight Lord c-m and his superior, Twilight King bacon. bacon says a few words to you about how incredible it is that you have managed to stomp the daylights out of his subordinates. As bacon prepares to grind you into the dirt, c-m steps in and insists on crushing this worm himself so he doesn't have to. Trusting in c-m's abilities, bacon concedes and leaves. c-m challenges you straight away in 2v2 combat. His six Pokemon are all level 60. Defeat him and c-m Giovannis away, but not before revealing that a bomb is already ticking, and there is no way you will have time to escape! Run out of the tower anyway - at the base Commander Riskbreakers reveals that the bomb was discovered and safely disarmed beforehand. All of you get out of there safely and Indigo Tower is destroyed with your own explosives in a cool FMV.

With the destruction of Indigo Tower, the barrier surrounding Black Tower is gone, allowing you to get inside, but according to the latest intel, the scouts could not get near the entrance because of a huge cliff they could not ascend. If they'd had Rock Climb, Commander Riskbreakers notes, it would have been an easy task. By now you are revered as one of the best members of the force, and you will be part of the main unit that assaults Black Tower. However, you lack the ability to use Rock Climb out of battle, and so you will need to earn that. The eighth and final Gym is in Kronar City, found east of Stigma City. It's a Flying-type Gym; average level is 62. The Leader's six Pokemon are about level 65. The Badge obtained here lets you use Rock Climb out of battle. Get Rock Climb in some sidequest or something.

Now that you are sufficiently prepared, you are ready to get to Black Tower and apprehend Team Twilight's leader.

Black Tower serves as the main story's "Victory Road" - it is 20 floors high and filled with the best (and remainder) of Team Twilight's grunts. In order to get through it, you will need to use Cut, Surf, Rock Smash, Defog, Waterfall, Strength, and Rock Climb.

If Newdude is part of Team Twilight, he will fight you on the 18th floor. His six Pokemon are level 65.

When you get to the 19th floor, you will find a group of your comrades sitting there. They inform you that Team Twilight's higher-ups are all hiding on the top floor. They will let you rest and recover.

As soon as you set foot on the 20th floor, you are met with Twilight Lord Zilla, who informs you that the boss is not pleased with him and he has one shot to end you or he will go down. He then battles you in 2v2 combat. His team is as follows:

Exeggutor L64
Gengar L64
Moltres L65
Shiftry L65
Heatran L67
Typhlosion L67

Yeah, that's right, they're packing legendaries.

Defeat him and he will run (actually run) into a different room. Chase him and you will find him cowering in fear behind Twilight Lord Ditto, who spews out more cliche babble, and then challenges you in 2v2 combat. He uses:

Tangrowth L66
Ursaring L66
Crobat L67
Swellow L67
Granbull L69
Mightyena L69

Stomp him down and they will both run away into yet a third room. Follow them and Twilight Lord Grayson will stop you before you even have a chance to enter the room. Also choosing to fight you in 2v2 style, he uses the following:

Ludicolo L68
Electrode L68
Vaporeon L69
Omastar L69
Kingdra L71
Qwilfish L71

After his defeat they will all head towards another room. Enter it and you will find Twilight Lord c-m. Angered at his partners' losses to you and no longer in bacon's favor from his defeat, he has to defeat you now in order to redeem himself and his comrades, etc etc. He fights you in 2v2 and this is what he uses:

Jirachi L70
Salamence L70
Dusknoir L71
Blissey L71
Starmie L73
Garchomp L73

After losing, the four of them head to the tower's roof. Follow them and you will, for the second time, meet up with Twilight King bacon. bacon is not happy with you, at all. You and your posse have disrupted his plans before they even got a chance to really start, and you will pay dearly for your insolence in the ultimate double battle. Prepare to get whooped:

Honchkrow L72
Gyarados L72
Rhyperior L73
Manectric L73
Aerodactyl L75
Empoleon L75

Upon his defeat, bacon and his buddies will surrender. You've won! A scene ensues showing you leading the group of them down the tower with cheers and whatnot. You've done a fantastic job, Team Twilight is vanquished forever, blah blah blah, etc etc etc, cue the credits.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

Of course the perfect game would not be present without one heck of a postgame - now that you've taken out Team Twilight, you can go travel the real Victory Road and fight against the Pokemon League, which is about the same levels as Team Twilight. They will fight you in singles or doubles, depending on your choice, and their teams are adjusted accordingly.

The Lords of Team Twilight have been thrown in prison and their Pokemon confiscated, so obviously you won't be able to battle them again.

Newdude can be found at the ruins of Verde Tower from this point forward regardless of whether or not he's on your side (but your conversations will be different depending on that). His Pokemon are about level 82 right now, and he will fight you once a day. Each day his Pokemon will get stronger and stronger, slowly, until they reach level 100. His team layout will also change every day.

The only place you haven't visited in the main story is Port Satan, found east of Riku City. The newly-opened Battle Tower is there, and there's also a ship there that will take you to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh. You can challenge the Gym Leaders there for their Badges, catch new Pokemon, have some fun with missions involving their region's respective villains, etc. All 32 Gym Leaders' Pokemon are all in excess of level 80.

Their respective Elite Four's Pokemon are all in excess of level 90, and you will need all eight Badges from their respective regions before you may challenge them.

And that, in a very large nutshell, is what a Pokemon game needs to be.

- end -

That was quite amazing, PMJ. I like how you have the "lame" and redundant qualities of the Pokemon games changed around. Specifically the rival. Team Twilight's intents and purposes though need to be more diabolical, I feel. Something that its in with their name rather than just a kick butt team with no real goals.

All in all, I love the concept a lot.

Note to everyone:

It was my idea to come up with a enw fake game for pokebeach in chat. PMJ said it wouldn't work.

ANyways, wow PMJ. And second post, w00t.

ON a more serious note, this will be epic if we make it into a real game.

You could have told me that I would be charge of the stupid Bug Gym. >:|
The only cool Bug Pokémon there are are Scizor, Scyther, Pinsir and Beedrill.
All the others suck.

I should be in charge of a Flying gym xD. Gale = Flying, for those of you who have been asking me what it means =P

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPIIIIIIICCCC RRRRREEEEEEAAAAAAADDDDD, PMJ. Looking forward to stuff that follows.

Silver - You do use four Pokemon, and Dubbel has its own diverse Pokedex, so there are plenty of good bugs to use (like Scizor, Heracross, and that Psychic/Bug thing I mentioned earlier). No complaints! >:O

Gale - What stuff that follows? This isn't a real game. I have no plans on making it real. All it is is just an outline of what a good game should look like.

D:

I never use that prehistoric lump of hax.

But yeah, a pokemon game with a storyline like that would be cool. For wild pokemon, would you keep the random-encounters mechanic, or do it differently? I think it's getting outdated now.

Yep, I realized that about 2 minutes before you posted XD. Still, I agree. It would be fun to play a game like this. However, the feature where you get to chose what you say would be insanely hard to program, especially if you want to use Euphoria.

I could probably put most of this game together.
To bad Roms are frowned upon here.

I saw my name for more than 20 times there :). A game this deep should be for Wii/PS3(wishful thinkng). Abuse the CGIs with better graphics than some two-screened game boy. And save points (spheres) are a must for a game that utilizes "Game Over". And, doubles is a bit too abused here yet many newbs who will buy the game will have no idea how to play it. The game is veteran friendly but not newb-friendly (Unless there is an easy mode). Good Job though.

It's not supposed to be newb-friendly. This game is hard and for people up to the challenge, it's gonna be awesome.

Also, bacon, I tried to remember your lrod team to the best of my ability but... I couldn't remember. I bombed zilla's sunny team too but whatever.

Roms aren't really frowned upon... Its just normally peopel use an RPG maker. ANyhow silver, if you really are making this ino a real game, I'll be glad to assist with spriting :)

Pimpwalkin said:
It's not supposed to be newb-friendly. This game is hard and for people up to the challenge, it's gonna be awesome.

Also, bacon, I tried to remember your lrod team to the best of my ability but... I couldn't remember. I bombed zilla's sunny team too but whatever.

PMJ is making this into a game. OMG guys. He lied.

/me never lies

Wow! Absolutely amazingly epic. Love the story line and the idea of your action changes the outcome for NewDude. But I think that visiting all the reigions is a bit too much and plus you missed out customization but that's just me. :)

Wow jerk thanks for making me lock my own thread >OOOOOOOOO

This idea would be refined obviously, it's just a rough idea which I'm pretty sure I mentioned in the first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back