Writing Pokemon: Rise to the Top

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
This is my version of the Ruby & Sapphire game with soem of my alterations. So, you all know how it goes really in the game, but mine's different.

Character List
May (Main Character)
Brendan
Prof. Birch
Norman
The Rest of the Gym Leaders
Archie
Maxie
Shelley (from Team Aqua)
Tabitha (from Team Magma)
The rest of Team Aqua and Magma
Steven
The Elite Four

Chapter 1
It was an oridinary day in the land of Hoeen. The sun peeks out from behind Petalburg Forest and lights up the sleepy town of Petalburg. Every 10 year old wants to become a Pokemon Trainer. They want to be the best that's ever lived. But, with the Contest gaining attention, some decide to be the Top Coordinator. Not many have been the best at both Contests and been the Champion of the Pokemon League. But May is different. For every Trainer in Hoenn, they go to Prof. Birch and recieve a Pokemon, some Poke Balls and a shiny Pokedex. May leaves her home and heads down Route 102 to Odale Town and walks down Route 101 to Littleroot.

"Prof. Birch ! I'm here for my Pokemon !" May shouted.
"Ah, yes ! I have recieved word that Norman's oldest child was starting his journey, they doidn't tell me you were a girl" Prof. Birch exclaimed
"Is that a problem ?" May questioned
"No, I just thought you were a boy, anyway, what Pokemon do you want ? " Prof. Birch said as he showed May three Pokemon. Treecko, Mudkip and Torchic. May choose Torchic and recieved her Pokedex and Poke Balls. While she left, another kid shoved her out of the way and snatched a Poke Ball and ran off
"Who was he ?" May questioned
Prof. Birch sighed replying "He's my son, Brendan, he's very stubborn, I have a feeling he's going to do something stupid, anyway good luck on your journey !"
"Thanks ! Goodbye !" May said heading back home

"Hello dear ! Your father left you a present !" her mother replied
" He did ?" May questioned opening up the box
A Poke Ball remained and she opened it up. Out of the flash of light, a Pikachu apperaed. May quickly scanned it and tried to put it back in it's ball. It didn't want to and jumped on her shoulder
"Well, it seems that Pikachu doesn't want to be in it's Poke Ball, it wants to be out with you" her mother said
" Okay, goodbye mom !" May said

May left for Petalburg forest with a Pikachu a Torchic and a Dream to be the best Pokemon Trainer to ever live

8cf84fd4148b818ed5b13025735e9fa9.png

Chpater 2--A Pokemon an Evolution and a Badge

May was walking down when a Swablu popped out of the grass. May told Pikachu to attack Swablu with Thundershock. It hit Swablu with tremendous force. May threw a Poke Ball and she caputred the Swablu !

"Yay ! My first capture !" May excalimed. She picked up the Poke Ball and put in the knapsack she carried around. She entered Petalburg Forest and wandered around a little bit before finding the exit. She knew she couldn't beat Roxanne from what she heard. Roxanne trained Rock types and she didnb't have a Pokemon that could beat her. Except for Torchic. Knowing that Torchic evoilves into Combusken, which is part Fighting, she ran back into Petalburg Forest and trained Torchic until it evolved. She knew now she had a chance against Roxanne

She entered the Gym and sent out Comubsken. Roxanne sent out a Geodude. With a soild Doulbe Kick, Combuskensent Geodude flying into the wall. Geodude, dropped to the ground, knocked out. Roxanne sent out another Geodude and the same result. But by Roxanne's Nosepass, Combusken was tiring out. Nosepass charged into Combusken with a Tackle. Combusken flew and hit the wall, too. Combusken was Knocked Out, and May had two Pokemon, Pikachu and the untested Swablu. She sent Pikachu to face Nosepass and hoped Pikachu could survive.

Nosepass charged into Pikachu with another Tackle. Pikachu jumped and used Iron Tail. Shocked and suprised, Roxanne couldn't tell Nosepass to dodge. The Iron Tail hit with amazing force and Nosepass collapsed to the ground. May had earned his first badge in the Hoeen region

Next Stop--Dewford

3025750293d3bee91ea1205963058b11.png

Nice story line. You should try to fix some typos and add more trainer cards like for the gym leader.:) it's great to find someone really pursuing in his/her work!:)

If you want a person to make TC's I'll lend you my servises & make them.

Really, all I need is the Gym Leader Trainer Cards

NEW Characters !
Team Rocket (You know what Team Rocket I'm talking about)

Yep, sure.
I'll get started on them when I wake up. (it's 1:15am Saturday, in Sydney & I'm sleepy....so Good Night)

Chapter 3--Flowers, Flowers everywhere !

Dewford is a sleepy village close to Slateport. Not many people live here as there is no Mart here just a Pokemon Center. Beacuse the city is so close-knit, wheneever a fad comes up, everyone knows about it instantly. May had just caught a Roselia, the Thorn Pokemon. Roselia is Grass/Poison, and is stronger then Brawly's Fighting-type Pokemon.

"Okay, Roselia, I need you to perfect Petal Dance" May tol Roselia. Roselia spun around, but got too dizzy and tumbled to the ground
"Oh dear, this is going to take some work" May said

Meanwhile....

"There she is !" an older girl said
"Yeah ! She has a Pikachu !" an older guy said
"Who cares ! Let's just grab it" a talking Pokemon said angrily

A giant mechanical arm launched itself and grabbed her Pikachu !
"Hey, Pikachu ! Who do you think you are !" May shouted

Motto Time:

Well, well, we have been found out !
We'll fly away while you sit and pout !

We will fly away in a flash of light !
We will beat you down, so don't give us a fight !

A rose by any other name smells just as sweet !
When our work is over, our work is complete !

Jessie !
James !
Meowth, now there's a name !

To control all of Hoenn with a single base !
Team Rocket....
We're in your face !

Wobbufett !
Chime !
Mime mime !

"Why are you stealing my Pikachu ?" May shouted
"Well, aren't you gresty, we're taking your Pikachu to the Boss !" James replied
"Roselia ! Use Bullet Seed to pop a hole in their ballon !" May ordered
"Uh, guys" Meowth said, worried
"What ?" Jessie replied
The Bullet Seeds popped a hole in the ballon sending it flying. Pikachu jumps out of the ballon and into May's hands !

"Wah ! Why won't we ever win ?" Jessie questioned
"Beacuse we've never won before, why should we start now ?" James replied
"Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again !" the three of them shouted
"Wobbufett !" Wobbufett shouted, too

"Those people are wierd, but you're safe Pikachu !" May said
"Pikachu !" Pikachu replied
"Now let's go for our next badge !" May replied

Next Chapter--The Dewford Brawl
fd42afb9d9ca0661cc658becb493fafa.png
5833104a1c9fd7f5d4cc86afc74edf8d.png

NOTE: I have the Dewford Gym Badge already on, so I won't have to put it on again, after the next chapter and I have Team Rocket's team, so you don't have to worry

Chapter 4--The Dewford Brawl

May entered the Gym and challenged the Gym Leader, Brawly.
"Brawly ! I came for a battle !" May shouted
"Battle accepted !" Brawly replied

The lights burst on, blinding May for a spilt second.
"It will be a Double Battle, each of us using only two Pokemon !" Brawly explained
"Fine by me !" May replied
"Go ! Makuhita and Machop !" Brawly exclaimed
"Go ! Roselia and Swablu !" May replied

All of the Pokemon appeared on the field and the match began. May started out with Bullet Seed and Peck. Machop got smacked by Peck, while Makuhita got pelted with Bullet Seed. Machop used Karate Chop to knock Swablu out of the way. Machop and Makuhita teamed up and Tackled Roselia, but Roselia used Petal Dance combined with Bullet Seed to send them both flying. Both hit the ground and were Knocked out

"Yes ! That's Badge # 2 !" May shouted

Next Stop: Slateport City

Chapter 5--Slateport Contest Fever !

The ferry moored in Slateport. It dropped everyone off and more came on. May fought her way through the crowd. She saw a poster for the Pokemon Contest and really wanted to enter.

She ran down to the Contest Hall to get her Pass. She got her Pass and walked into the Contest stage. She was shocked at how big the Slateport Contest stage is !

"I hope I don't mess up" she said, worried

The Contest began, every one better than the last. The last one was May, as she came in at the end, a great position, because she got the chance to study the competition. She sent out Pikachu to do a Thunderbolt-Quick Attack Combo. It vaulted her into the finals.

The finals she face a young man by the name of Fred. Fred sent out his Pidegot, and May used Pikachu. In a couple of powerful and accurate hits, Pidegot fell to the ground.

May had won her first Ribbon !

"My first ribbon ! And now, I'm going after Badge # 3 !" she exclaimed

Next Stop--Mauville--A Shocking Surprise

Chapter 6--Mauville--A Shocking Suprise

When entering Mauville, there is so much to do, rest at the Pokemon Center, buy supplies at the Poke Mart, buy a bike from Rydel, or play at the Game Corner. But the Gym is where we focus our attention. Wattson, the Gym Leader is an old man and very skilled at Pokemon. But, every so oftern a young Trainer comes in and manages to beat him. May will try to do the same

May battled hard with Wattson to the max, with only one Pokemon left for each, May sent out Combusken, Wattson sent out Magenton. In the battle, May's Combusken evolved into Blaziken ! With her Blaziken, May beat Wattson and earned Badge # 3

"All right ! Badge # 3 !" May shouted

Next Stop--Pride Lake (it's a made-up spot)

2c2c28401375f9a75f5b6cc7a7040774.png

All I need to tell you about Pride Lake is that:

May's Swablu evovles into Altaria and May catches a Feebas. Don't worry Feebas will come into play a little later on

Team after Pride Lake:
aab7330e2088b1f2efbe1131a5468520.png

Next Stop--Mt. Chimney

May I have a guet apperence in it please?
This is what I'll be useing. (Skitty & Shiny Mancetric's only on reserve)
TrainerCard-LV.png

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/Light_Venusaur_2006/Trainer%20Cards/TrainerCard-LV.png
(I look like Ed, but female)
As you can tell, I come from Shino.

I'll squeeze you in to help when Team Aqua takes over the Mossdeep Space Center

Might put you in again

May and Manaphy said:
I'll squeeze you in to help when Team Aqua takes over the Mossdeep Space Center

Might put you in again
Ok, cool.
Anyways, I made a new banner for you, I hope that you like it.
Banner-Pikachu_Club.png

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q297/Light_Venusaur_2006/Banners/Banner-Pikachu_Club.png

Chapter 7--Aqua, Magma and Rocket, oh my !

Mt. Chimney is a beautiful camping spot. The chimney has been dormant for a thousand years. But Teams Magma and Aqua have tried to take control of the mountain. Team Magma, to add more land to the world and decrease the amount of water, and Team Aqua to make it extinct, keeping the land in check. But, to add to this Team Rocket, wanting just to mess it all up.

"Make sure you keep an eye on the machine, Tabitha" Maxie ordered
"Right sir" Tabitha repiled

On the other side of the mountain....

"Are you sure you've stopped Team Magma ?" Archie questioned
"Yes sir, he have" Shelly replied
"Excellent" Archie replied

"Well, well what have we here ?" Jessie questioned
"It looks like Team Magma is trying to make the volcano erupt, spewing motlen lava into the atmosphere, causing more land to spill out and add more land mass to the world. While Team Aqua wants to stop them from doing anything" James repiled
"You've been watching too many nature videos" Jessie replied
"Hey ! Look who it is !" Meowth interrupted
"Hey, it's the twerpette ! Let's steal Pikachu !" Jessie excalimed
"Naw, let's not and say we did" Meowth replied. Jessie reacted by smacking Meowth

"Come on Pikachu, it's very dangerous here, it's move quickly" May said, worried
Like before, Team Rocket captured Pikachu !

"Hey ! Not you guys again !" May exclaimed

New and Improved Team Rocket Motto:

Listen, is that a voice I hear
It's speaking to me loud and clear !

Past the stars !
Past the wind !
In your ear !

A rose by any other name smells just as sweet
When the world is worse, our work is complete !

Bringing chaos at a breakneck pace !
Team Rocket !
We're in your face !

Wobbufett !
Chime chime !
Mime mime !

"Don't you guys ever quit ?" May questioned
"No, we've doing this so long we're trademarks !" Jessie replied
"Come on out, Altaria !" May excalimed
"Altaria, use Dragon Claw !" May ordered
Altaria's Dragon Claw ripped a hole in Team Rocket's ballon, exploding it. Pikachu escapes on the back of Altaria

"Boy, that was fun !" James said
"We've had a blast !" Meowth joked
"If you said one more stupid comment-I'll" Jessie was interuptted
"Looks like Team Rocket is blasting off again !" they all shouted

A climatic battle ensued, May tries to slip away, but gets captured !
"Where do you think you're going, little girl ?" Maxie questioned
"It's none of your business !" May replied, angrily
"My don't we have an attitude" Maxie exclaimed
May sucker punches Maxie in the ribs and runs off
"I told you, it's none of your business !" May shouted

Just then, the machines for bothe teams blows up, sending them both flying in opposite directions.

"Wow, that was close call" May said, "I've gotta get to Lavaridge to compete for my next badge !"

Next Stop--Lavaridge

Chapter 8--Burn Baby Burn !

Lavaridge is a sleepy mountainous town. It has the Pokemon Center Hot Springs, a treat for Trainer and the Herb Shop. But, we're focusing on the Gym. Home to many Fire types, it's required that Trainers use Water of Rock types to neutralize the Fire-type attacks.

"Biy, it's a like a furnace in here ! How can anyone survive in here ?" May moaned

By traveling through the Lavaridge Gym heatm she tumbles down a hole and stumbles upon Flannery, the Gym Leader. The rules were a Double Battle. Flannery sent out Slugma and Magcargo. May countered with Altaria and Feebas. Before the battle began, Feebas evolved into Milotic ! May beat Flannery despite losing Altaria due to Macgaro's Rock Slide.

"That's Badge # 4 ! Now it's on to Fallarbor !" May exclaimed

Next Stop--Fallarbor
f82d5b6c29555f29abaea592b4262a37.png

The next journey traps May in the Desrt on Route 112, so we don't get to Fallarbor until Chapter 10

Back