Pokemon Releasing $2000 'Pure Gold' Pikachu Card

You guys are forgetting Rayquaza, Eevee and Gardevoir. These Pokémon are also sometimes allowed to exist...

Pokémon company also vaguely remembers Pokémon by the name of Gengar and Mew.

That's about it. The other 700+ Pokémon aren't really significant. Like Arceus for example.

Don't forget Hawlucha. That thing has cards everywhere

The other 700+ Pokémon aren't really significant. Like Arceus for example.
Ah, poor Arceus. He appeared for about 10 minutes in Gen 4 and then they never made a card for him ever again. (No, I'm not counting the mythical collection.)

Not to mention he's literally one of the most important Pokémon out there...

Ah, poor Arceus. He appeared for about 10 minutes in Gen 4 and then they never made a card for him ever again. (No, I'm not counting the mythical collection.)

Not to mention he's literally one of the most important Pokémon out there...

I thought he had a BW promo but never mind, thats quite sad .3.

Arceus actually had 2 cards printed within the last year or so, not only the one from the Mythical Collection (that you're choosing not to count for some arbitrary reason), but also the one from CP2 (Japanese)/Hoopa-EX Legendary Collection (English). The Mythical Collection one was released as both a Full Art and a regular art card in the recent Japanese CP5 as well. I do agree that the poor guy should get some more love (as well as some other Pokémon too), but there's no need to go all hyperbole and make things seem worse than they actually are. :p

Arceus actually had 2 cards printed within the last year or so, not only the one from the Mythical Collection (that you're choosing not to count for some arbitrary reason), but also the one from CP2 (Japanese)/Hoopa-EX Legendary Collection (English). The Mythical Collection one was released as both a Full Art and a regular art card in the recent Japanese CP5 as well.

Oh. My bad.

The reason I'm not counting the Mythical collection is because they're a group of promo cards. I should have been more specific, but I meant that Arceus hasn't been in a set since Platinum. Which was, what, 7 years ago now? It's just sad to not see so many other Pokémon not get recognition.

And, let's face it, if it weren't for the anime, Clefairy would probably be the Pokémon mascot instead of Pikachu.

Well, I'm not going to lie, I really, really want this haha. If they'd given maybe a month of forewarning I'd've probably been able to scrounge up some extra funds. Too bad.

I wonder if they intend to release and English version on the international Pokemon Center store? That's something I'd be willing to hold out for.

It would be really neat if they threw these (well, they would be more like the burger king golden cards rather than this) in random packs of evolutions instead of... this... but in limited quantities

Then again, they would probably be significantly heavier than EX's and such, making them very easy to weigh-out, so it would probably be a war out there... (probably including people with literally nothing better to do camping out and such)

it would probably be kind of like that Mr. Gold LEGO minifigure that had like 5000 in existence that were in random packs a few years ago

Well *expletive*! Haha! Unfortunately with the £ being so weak right now, buying anything that's priced in a foreign currency is a no-no :( not that I could really justify buying something ultimately pointless for £1600 when my car is in such bad repair and could be replaced for £1600!

Is there a source for this? I can't find it referenced on the JP pokemon center site, or the pokemon.co.jp news site.

I want to see what the whole thing looks like. I suppose it will be stored in a special limited and numbered box set! I want more details.

Does anyone know how many of these are made?

And the two shops mentioned are only physical Japanese stores, aren't they?

I'm surprised we have so little information on these, considering their release date is in 3 days. :S

Greetz,
Quuador

Last edited:
Back