RBY Pokemon Red: Is it THAT rare?

Bawksie

(:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SEALED-Pokemon-Red-Game-Boy-USA-vers-MINT-original-/350351099391?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item51928d85ff

$200 for Sealed? Jeeze. Checking ebay, says brand new starts at about $100.

Why is Red so expensive? Is it because it's the best and the first? I meen, Blue is like, $50 new. Why is red so much rarer than blue?

Pokeman

The great snake rules forever!
RE: Pokemon Red. Is it THAT rare?

It is Charizard, it is favored over Blastoise. Everyone liked him more, and it is a collectors item.

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member

It's probably old that why. Old things tend to cost more, because they are known as to be "antiques." The seller thinks this to be an antique since it is old and hard to find and also found in mint condition.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

No. It really is because Charizard is on the cover.

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member

More people do tend to go for Charizard mostly.

samhain88

ChevyNova?

Well, its and old game that still is sealed. This is a collectors item and many video game and Pokemon collectors will pay high prices to have something like that.

Mizzory

Aspiring Trainer

200? are you kidding me? i still have my old Blue yellow and red!

DJ Raichu

Aspiring Trainer

If I had the cash, I would definitely invest in that.

It's 200$ today, imagine in a few years....

samhain88

ChevyNova?

DJ Raichu said:
It's 200$ today, imagine in a few years...

Exactly. These are the originals of one of the best games ever made. Now, which would be the most valuable, english or Japanese?

Claus

and lucas

Well hey. When I was ordering EarthBound from Ebay a few months ago, I saw a sealed one (plus it was part of some weird rating system) selling for a literal $3000. And most of the used ones sold anywhere from $100 to $300.

...Old games are indeed expensive.

Blu3st33lix

Elegance takes a blue prince to show it!

I could see that happening, It IS Charizard on the cover, and he and Pikachu are some of the top Pokemon mascots. With the economy, just imagine 10 years from now....

Deo

California, U.S.

The same seller is selling Blue for exactly the same price and there is another seller that has an auction for a sealed Blue with no feedback but w/e.

Probably the reason why it costs so much (and other Nintendo items) is because of the fanbase. Atari, SNK, and Sega stuff are dirt cheap compared to Nintendo stuff.

debugs

We were all born to die!

People would choose charizard over blastoise becouse of looks :D

tidas

bliztstar

i still have red, lost blue, but i prfered blastoise. i also prefer pikachu over all of them so i prefer yellow. i dont think its rare.

juunkmilk

3nd coming

Pokeman said:
It is Charizard, it is favored over Blastoise. Everyone liked him more, and it is a collectors item.

Even though I know this is true I still can't believe it because blastoise has CANNONS ON ITS BACK.

and yeah, they're worth a lot, its not like they're still being made or anything, and its also not like shrink wrap is the most powerful thing in the world, its amazing its lasted

Vulpix

Fire-Fan

wow really? o_o; here in australia, you can go to second hand game shops and pick it up for $20. >.> not even kidding.

Pokeman

The great snake rules forever!

Vulpix said:
wow really? o_o; here in australia, you can go to second hand game shops and pick it up for $20. >.> not even kidding.

Are they brand new? If they are BUY THEM! If they aren't that is not that big of a deal, because around here they are used for 6-12 bucks. I recently just bought one a week ago for 7 bucks, and I am going to start playing it soon.

Reverb

Aspiring Trainer

iirc, blue was more highly demanded for some reason at the time, so it was much more common than red