Discussion Pokemon ranger reprint

Clam

Almost decent
If pokemon ranger was reprinted how would it affect the game would it make it better or worse?

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
It would probably not be ran in any decks. It's not reliably searched at all so you can't play it on turns when you need it reliably

Clam

Almost decent
Hmm well I was thinking about how it could let pokemon use more intresting effects for attacks and abilitys but I agree that supporters are to hard to search at the moment to see to much play

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
For certain decks I can see it being a one of in the decks that are afraid of ADP Zacian. ADP Zacian warrants this. Underneath that same umbrella ADP Zacian can use pokemon ranger against the Goons MU, one of its worse MUs.

Clam

Almost decent
For certain decks I can see it being a one of in the decks that are afraid of ADP Zacian. ADP Zacian warrants this. Underneath that same umbrella ADP Zacian can use pokemon ranger against the Goons MU, one of its worse MUs.
So what your saying is decks that would have losing certain matchups can just negate the weaknesses?

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
So what your saying is decks that would have losing certain matchups can just negate the weaknesses?

If a certain deck has a polarizing bad MU against a certain effect then yes.

ADP Zacian vs Single Prize Attacking decks, yes they would probably want Ranger.

Goonsquad vs ADP Zacian. Maybe ADP Zacian would want to play Ranger, if they decide to bench the lone goon and stack energy on it.

ADP Zacian Mirror Match. The first to use their Alter Creation GX attack, means the opponent with the Ranger can come ahead in that MU.

I say ADP Zacian a lot because this is the biggest threat in the metagame right now that has an effect for Ranger to have some viability

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Curious why you think they might reprint Pokémon Ranger given the existence of Channeler (which seems to indicate they're not interested in reprinting it any time soon, just like the re-appearance of Lysandre seems to indicate Guzma's gone for a while)?