Ruling Pokemon Ranger Better Understanding

Sensual Sylveon

eevee collector
Okay so I looked at a post earlier about pokemon ranger but, I am still very confused with many questions.
So I just built a Volcanion deck to fool around with and I put Pokemon Ranger in my deck.
Question 1. At what possible time do I get the effects back. Can Volcanion Ex continuously attack because the effect of his attack is now gone, so he can attack the entire game with out his effect?
Question 2. What about Pokemon that haven't even entered the field, lets say, like 2 turns later. They too have no effects?
Please send help my brain hurts. Like if I used Pokemon Ranger turn 1 it would last til the end of the game on every pokemon? That just seems really wild to me.

XY11_EN_104.png

Ranger acts at one moment to remove all effects currently in play. That is it - it doesn't "last" at all. Think of it like Full Heal:

XY3_EN_93.png

You can remove a Special Condition from your Active Pokemon and then immediately place a Special Condition on the same Pokemon. With that understanding...

1. Effects don't "come back." If effects are already "on" (e.g. Jolteon-EX's Flash Ray, Volcanion-EX's Volcanic Heat), those effects are removed. Volcanion-EX could attack again, but once it uses Volcanic Heat it puts a new effect on itself that never interacts with Ranger because Ranger has already been played.

2. Again, Ranger acts in a moment and is then gone. Any effects of attacks that take place after Ranger is played behave normally.

Ok cool! So I wouldn't be able to use it on my opponent unless his/her attack effect was already ongoing. I wouldn't be able to use it as like a prediction if i thought he/she were going to use something to that nature. So also I would have to wait til my next turn after I have already used Volcanion-Ex's attack if I wanted to attack again. Thank you for the clarity!

but. coming down to that card again. lemme explain the situation. your opponent used the effect of Regice the turn before. i mean the regice which cant be attacked by pokemon EX in the next turn. so i set that pokemon ranger. so again the effect of regice, which was that EX cant attack the next turn, will also be deleted. but. will it affect my effect of my pokemon? like this card is a buff-reset-card but how long does this last? if it is just to delete those effects i will be abled to attack with the attack of like Yveltal EX which counts the energy attached to both active pokemon and does 20 dmg plus that ammount of energy times 20 dmg. if so, this card is one hell of a effect crusher, expecially when it comes to such situations where you cannot use EX pokemon if its an effect of an attack. However there are pokemon with the Ability Bodyguard, which can be very frustrating cause EX cannot attack this card. and once again we have the card exorcist , which can delete the ability for one turn lol.

Remember those green and red little counters in PTCGO that would pop up after some Pokemon used an attack that had an effect to it?

It removes those little Green and Red Counters, and whatever effects those counters represent.

oh my thats great... i love those cards xD but well i really do need them in my deck, but i really dont know which cards are worth it to get replaced by them

Back