Pokemon Press Conference Tomorrow, Pokemon Direct in June!

Discussion in 'Beachfront Hangout' started by Water Pokémon Master, May 27, 2019.

1. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

2. crystal_pidgeot Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
    crystal_pidgeot

Any chance I could submit a question?

Gamerdynasty4ever likes this.
  3. Tytus Expanded Legend
    Tytus

Can world wide card legality be topic for questions?
    Also, can we question the recent spike in the price of products that pokemon has released.

Gamerdynasty4ever and OVERGRO like this.
  4. Irelatetosobble Awaken my Eevees! (Poses Dramatically)
    Irelatetosobble

Im hoping for a new spin-off game
    Maybe mystery dungeon

CurlyCat, Turtwig, Dark and 1 other person like this.
  5. Dark Competitive TCG Player
    Dark

Same

6. Sabaku Aspiring Trainer
    Sabaku

Advanced Member Member

VGC questions over here:

Back in the days of ORAS, there were a few other Pokemon that were slated for getting a Mega Evolution, but eventually got skipped over due to the lack of a finalized design before deadlines. Now that we're leaving the 7th Generation, will more Mega Evolutions slowly be added to the existing roster as it has with all other even-numbered Generations?

On a similar note, with the introduction of the 2019 VGC series, the format went through a substantial shift with the introduction of the Sun, Moon, and Ultra series, which placed restrictions on both Mega Evolution and Z-Moves. Is it safe to say that future VGC seasons will follow a similar format from now on?

7. Skeleton Liar サーナ~
    Skeleton Liar

Finally, some Sword and Shield news on the horizon. I'm patient with new information, but I've definitely felt this long waiting time.
    You mean literally just the 6th Generation? I don't mean to discourage any hope for that; it was just an odd way to say it. :p

ShaQuL and Wailord's Pokemon like this.
  8. Sabaku Aspiring Trainer
    Sabaku

Advanced Member Member

My bad. I meant evolutions in general. With every even-numbered generation, we've been getting evolutions for past Pokemon, and with Gen. 6, Mega Evolutions were used in place of traditional evolutions sans Sylveon. I'm wondering if the same thing will happen for Gen. 8.

Skeleton Liar likes this.
  9. Wechselbalg *****
    Wechselbalg

Hopefully they'll announce Pokemon Bank for the Switch. I'm also hoping that if that happens we'll be able to transfer pokemon from the 3DS games to SWSH.

CurlyCat and OVERGRO like this.
  10. OVERGRO Pokemon is lyfe.
    OVERGRO

I think I can field your questions haha. At least the first one.

Pokemon tends to alternate a bit between focusing on "additions" to previously-discovered Pokemon and focusing on brand-new Pokemon. The big "new stuff" gens were mostly the odd ones, as you pointed out -- Gens 1, 3, 5, 7. The ones that did more augmenting of the past were mostly Gens 2, 4, and arguably, 6, although I think 6 straddled the line a tiny bit more than Gen 2 or 4 did (although I'm sure many will disagree, and I can understand that too).

Whether Gen 8 will follow the trend of the even numbered Gens remains to be seen. Sadly, though, I wouldn't hold my breath for new Mega Evolutions :(. It really does seem to be something unique and special to Kalos; but you're right -- with the big influence that Mega Evos have had on VGC and competitive metas in general the past while, to some people it would be nice to have some new ones to add to the roster rather than the creation of yet another mechanic (ex: "Armoured" Pokemon that can attain mega-esque stats) on top of Z-Crystals and Megas for players to think about. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you see it, we're more likely to get a new Pokemon-boosting feature (ex: Armour) than new Z-Crystals or Megas. But hey, anything could happen!

Now, just for anyone reading this wondering about VGC metas (not necc. this poster): typically, when new games release, the first format is limited to the regional Pokedex of that region, and the limitations of that region (ex: for VGC 2020 it's likely going to be SwSh regional dex, no megas, no Z-crystals). After that it's typically the wider Pokedex, banning Mythicals (the usual suspects). After that we go into a format that allows 2 Mythicals and no other restrictions (aka "GS Cup"). If anyone's wondering, my fave is the first :D

Ofc we don't know the answer to your question, and it could really go both ways. With 2020 likely being SwSh-only, like I speculated, I don't think Megas and Z-Crystals will even be legal. That being said, the Sun/Moon/Ultra series did really shake things up and keep people on their toes, forcing top players (the ones with the money to travel or living in event-dense areas...) to come up with 3 teams in the season. That's an element I feel like they'd be keen to maintain. Imo it would be fun either way, and like you, I'm curious to see how they handle it!

Edit: I know nobody asked, but PLEASE GAMEFREAK, I know you said it wouldn't return because kids these days don't have the patience to grind through it and appreciate it, but please bring back the Battle Frontier ;__;

Also, direct predictions: early game Pokemon, Steel-type Eevee evo, new mascot like Lucario or Zoroark, or Legendaries. Leggoooo

11. iGeek256 I only use Electric types
    iGeek256

I think there will be Pidgeys in Sword and Shield

fleshrum, Jabberwock and Wechselbalg like this.
  12. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

I would love that to hear. There are so many Pokemon who got their moves from the previous gen and still competitively good.
    • Celebrate Victini
    • Happy Hour Jirachi
    • Soft-Boiled Clefable
    • Extremespeed Entei
    • and more...

13. Wailord's Pokemon Pokemon TCG player. 2019 Worlds Competitor.
    Wailord's Pokemon

No, he means that ORAS introduced MEGAs for Pokémon of previous gens.

14. iGeek256 I only use Electric types
    iGeek256

Maybe they’ll announce that other Pokémon mobile game (not Rumble Rush) that has been in development.

15. Skeleton Liar サーナ~
    Skeleton Liar

Oh, okay! Gotcha. I don't have any expectations from these games, but I certainly wouldn't mind that.
    Nah, he said what he meant in his reply. It was just the wrong term used. I do stuff like that all the time. :p

16. DKQuagmire Who else but Quagsire?
    DKQuagmire

so what this article is trying to say, is for those of us that live in England. we have to stay up until 1am in the morning to watch this direct.

i used a time converter thingy on google to find out the difference between PDT and GMT was 7 hours.
    not too bad for you folks. but bad for us brits who work/ need sleep.

17. Wechselbalg *****
    Wechselbalg

That's gonna be 3 AM in Austria (where I live) so...I don't think it's realistic to expect them to find a time that will be perfect for everyone.

18. TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK The Phazing Spider-Man
    TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

Hopefully not though, it leads to easier hacking and, as a result, more toxic VGC platform

19. Wechselbalg *****
    Wechselbalg

Ahhh yes, so people who breed everything legitimately should be punished for something they didn't do. Makes sense.

This statement is like saying DRM reduces piracy.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    CurlyCat and fleshrum like this.
  20. fleshrum April in Kalos...
    fleshrum

Advanced Member Member

this comment is underrated.

I think the advantage from pokebank is there, but it has nothing to do with hacking. I'd transfer my hard-won 6IV ditto and use that for the new gen. I've always thought situations like this first season would be a good place to put weird pokémon that don't see much play, and exclude obvious favorites from the regional dex, but that's not something they have ever done.

Wechselbalg likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

GrandPanacea, Juliacoolo, Tails