Pokemon Pokemon Plotholes Discussion Thread

Maybe pokeballs can fit inside pokeballs... what and when do trainers eat and sleep in the game

This is from the anime, but...

I am still really upset about the GS ball... I mean I know it was abandoned when they left it with Kurt since Celebi already appeared in a movie... but they could've still done a number of things with it. And with the release of HG/SS it's starting to bug me even more... T^T

but that's the anime: It fails beyond believe. Like a bunch of kids is going to be bugged with it and Pokemon fans like you and me are too unimportant to satisfy.

Kaishu said:
This is from the anime, but...

I am still really upset about the GS ball... I mean I know it was abandoned when they left it with Kurt since Celebi already appeared in a movie... but they could've still done a number of things with it. And with the release of HG/SS it's starting to bug me even more... T^T
Well it was a nice excuse for them to forget it... leaving it with an old man, probably suffering from dementia and already forgotten where he left the ball as soon as they will take it back.

No lol, anyway, they hoped we would forget it... however we didn't..

Blu3st33lix said:
I was battling May in my first rival battle when she attacked with growl. the attack missed. Unless my Mudkip shut the Treecko's mouth how can a growl miss?

Because she used Growl 6 times. After a certain amount of stat increasing or decreasing, it would fail in that battle.

Elecric is super effective on water and in the show they shower team rocket with water before useing thunder bolt for extra conductivity. But actually pure H2O with out any minerals isn't conductive at all. you just never pure, disstiled water in real life. But wouldn't you think that water pokemon would be using pure H2O?

89 panther said:
Elecric is super effective on water and in the show they shower team rocket with water before useing thunder bolt for extra conductivity. But actually pure H2O with out any minerals isn't conductive at all. you just never pure, disstiled water in real life. But wouldn't you think that water pokemon would be using pure H2O?

Dude. It's pokemon. Did you expect ANY reality, besides the use of water itself? And besides, would you expect anything else besides a Vaporeon with a water filter in its throat?

-DW-

There are a few plotholes I found yesterday trying out my new Arceus on a trainer near Jubilife.

1. Why didn't he notice that I had God with me?
2. If his first Pokemon was hit by a Judgement and his second was hit by Roar of Time, both from a level 100, wouldn't they die instead of just fainting?

I noticed one plothole that involves smeargle...
If you sketch fly then use it outside of battle, why does a BIRD sprite appear?

eeveeman said:
I noticed one plothole that involves smeargle...
If you sketch fly then use it outside of battle, why does a BIRD sprite appear?

Quite simple. Smeargle drew a picture of a bird while he was (somehow) flying.

RE: Pokemon Plotholes!

Zapydos2 said:
Which is why I'm wondering why the creators would make such an unusal pair for breeding. It doesn't make sense and of course a lot in the game doesn't make sense.

They are both in the same egg group, but another weird breeding pair is Seviper and Zangoose. They are supposed to be mortal enemies, so why did I get an egg when I left them both in the daycare?

EDIT: How do so much random Pokemon conduct electricity from no where? How do things like Rattata conduct electricity at all.... Seriously, GF made some wrong decisions when they made the TM lists for some Pokemon.

RE: Pokemon Plotholes!

Elite Stride said:
Zyflair said:
^ Then the show will no longer be G rated.
Hahahahaha! that is so true they would have to make it a more mature rating! :p

They won't show Pokemon eating each other, but they show a group of Pokemon attacking a chimchar because their trainer ordered them to? AND, they'll show a trainer treating his Pokemon cruely?

IDK about you guys, but that doesn't sound like a "G" rated show....

jirachinick said:
In the show, a lot of Pokemon know more than 4 moves...

That's so true!

And why can our Pokemon know only 4 moves?

Having 6 moves would make the battle more interesting :D

Onto the breeding subject again, since cats are mammals, how does a Glameow or Purugly have an EGG???

And you can get a Girl Mr Mime

Raichu/Leafeon said:
They are Psychic type so they can Levitate but it is not there ability since they are Legendaries.

There is no other Pokemon that can fly that is not a Flying type. If there is there is a logical explaination for it.

Then how come Giritina can learn fly?

Hatman said:
Onto the breeding subject again, since cats are mammals, how does a Glameow or Purugly have an EGG???

And you can get a Girl Mr Mime

Then how come Giritina can learn fly?

Because its a Dragon, and it has(sort-of) wings.

While they are based on mammals, they are in fact pokemon and thus don't have to abide by our laws of nature.

Plus monotremes are technically mammals and they lay eggs.

Also you can have a female Mr. Mime because the name of the pokemon is Mr. Mime, it isn't a title. Such as I could call the sky green, while it's name would now be green, it is still blue. That goes here, the name is Mr. Mime but it is still a female, in half the cases.

Back