Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pokemon has officially revealed Professor's Research (Professor Oak) from Japan’s 25th Anniversary Collection, which will become our Celebrations set in October.
Update: A reprint of Imposter Professor Oak from Base Set has also been revealed!

20210813-2-1-215x300.png

20210813-2-2-215x300.png

For a regular Supporter card, Oak’s artwork breaks convention by having his arm reach into the card template. He seems to be writing research notes. The card will be holo, like all cards in the Japanese set.
Imposter Professor Oak features both holofoil and a card texture. We already knew the reprinted cards would have both.
You may have already seen Oak’s card on social media. As with Shining Fates, there have been a few leaks of Celebrations cards due to theft from...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

nick15

Fake Card Master
Yeah I thought the Celebration leaks were just some cleaver fakes... y'know, because no one could be THAT stupid as to steal cards straight from the printers and try to sell them, complete with their full name and every other way to identify them... right??

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Yeah I thought the Celebration leaks were just some cleaver fakes... y'know, because no one could be THAT stupid as to steal cards straight from the printers and try to sell them, complete with their full name and every other way to identify them... right??
The prospect of "clout" and internet points along with money makes people act in really stupid ways. I'm sure that both had a lot to do with this.

To comment on the cards themselves- The Oak is lovely in the artwork department. And it's always great to see new cards in the classics set. I've been trying to piece together what we can expect from the whole set. I'm keeping tabs, it'll be interesting seeing how much I called. Impostor Oak wasn't expected from my list, but it's great to see nonetheless.

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
It’s really too bad the English prints will have the ugly 25 Pikachu head that doesn’t look uniform at all.

I hope they print enough Japanese product.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I'll keep the partial set list open about it. They may seems legit, but at the end of the day, its still "partial set list", it's still unofficial. (Even though they are, it makes me sad. :( )

Heiji

Part time collector
It’s really too bad the English prints will have the ugly 25 Pikachu head that doesn’t look uniform at all.

I hope they print enough Japanese product.
The absence of a numbering in the classic subset also disturbs me a lot...

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
But the English logo is more recognizably Pokémon.
That being said the English cards aren't all going to have the "holo rare" border seen on the Japanese cards, and probably won't have the same texturing (as long as you're committing a felony can you at LEAST upload a decent scan to the internet?), but I still like them because of the nice holosheets and because they're all reprints of older cards (and because they're truer to their original appearance when the holosheets are only where they were on the original).

fawfulmark2

Aspiring Trainer
IMO the only flaw with the US 25th logo is that it's basically a reuse of the 20th anniversary one. However from an aesthetic point of view it makes sense to use it since Pikachu the mascot is Pokemon #25, so if anything the 20th logo should have been different(maybe a PokeBall?)

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Imposter Professor Oak was pretty unexpected! And it's great to see Professor Oak get his own Professor's Research now.

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
I hate to break you, mate. But the Japanese one looks so bland.
It’s bland, I agree, but it’s also not displeasing to look at.

I almost wish they had used the second version, scaled down a lot, even something similar to the little foil Eye of Anubis square on a Yu-Gi-Oh! card that had the 25 symbol.

Attachments

• 9D843014-F176-48F4-9339-377FDC2D73D7.png
    9D843014-F176-48F4-9339-377FDC2D73D7.png
    561.7 KB · Views: 4
  • C9A25AB8-27D7-4107-848D-FB6F0D5DBFB1.png
    C9A25AB8-27D7-4107-848D-FB6F0D5DBFB1.png
    114.6 KB · Views: 4

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
Not about this post but on the Pokémon presents article I cant comment because it says I'm not logged in even though I am. Also that professor Oak art is super nice!

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
But will the Imposter be standard legal o not? It doesn't seem to have a letter...

Really, I'm so confused, it would be cool to have a list of the playable cards for the set. I only play TCGO so I have 0 interest in cards that cannot be played.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
No
But will the Imposter be standard legal o not? It doesn't seem to have a letter...

Really, I'm so confused, it would be cool to have a list of the playable cards for the set. I only play TCGO so I have 0 interest in cards that cannot be played.
No markers means not legal

Orias

Still waiting for a shiny gastly card.
Thanks for mentioning leaks and the reason why you don't want to post about them