Pokemon Pokemon of The Week

DerpyMartian

6th Generation... Is AWESOME!
Hey! Every week, starting from here, I will be posting a Pokemon! I will give it's name, Pokedex entry, and name. Then, I want YOU to analyze it and tell me what you think of it. Alright, first one:

Pokemon Black and White Entry: It is said that Charizard's fire burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles. (Serebii.net)

Charizard!(My second favorite! Guess what is my favorite?)

Start this thread!

I'm gonna guess... PIKACHU!!!
Charizard is my usual enemy since my friend keeps using his against my ICE types.
But, I actually like Charizard even though he might be used a lot a little.
I started with Charmander in Pokemon LeafGreen.
I guess that's it..

~Chill <---(I'm going to start doing that)

Charizard is a pokemon that I have always liked. Though it really is not that useful today, I loved it in the anime and it was my first pokemon ex I ever got.

I can see this thread going somewhere.

Charizard, like many of you, has always been a favorite of mine. When I was around 4, I loved watching Ash's Charizard be a general slacker and and awesomesause dragon with a tail on fire. Besides, everyone knows the rule of "Instant awesome just add dragons" (even though Charizard isn't even a Dragon-type, which along with Gyarados irks me). I got out and back into Pokémon at 7 somehow, and I still had a thing for Charizard. At the time, I did not own a single Pokémon game, but a friend across the street had a FireRed. The lack of Charizard in his game bothered me, seeing as it was on the box (his starter was Squirtle, which led to his rival having Venusaur). Quite a long time later, as in sometime between Platinum and HGSS, I finally go my hands on a FireRed of my own, which led to my first Charizard. Even though I was more mature at that time, I was still very excited to get a Charizard of my own. Despite my love for the Pokémon, I've actually used it very little on my teams, however, I do plan to use it once I retire Emboar in Black.

It also happens to be the earliest Pokémon in my Black PokéDex, due to me being too lazy to breed Charmander or PokéTransfer anything from the Bulbasaur line.

I tried this a while back. It's fun, but all the info was already known. Good luck though.

all the info was already known

^ that

Especially the part where the pokedex entry is even posted, like we can't already see that on other, more consolidated sources.

Discussion value here is somewhat questionable, especially if there are more Hyperion64s whose contributions to the topic are the succinct "describe-in-under-30-words" sort. Highlighting this thread for review by administrative committee.

IMPORTANT:
In order to prevent this thread from degenerating into a trivial "favourites" thread where people simply post little bits of stuff as though it were an IRC convo, I request all topic participants to please substantiate your posts, or at least try to. By substantiating I mean posting something that is meaningful, like your personal experiences relating to the pokemon, or what you think about the pokemon with regards to several aspects (eg. design, gameplay, etc). It is worth noting that the slightest hint of this topic slipping into a favourites thread will most certainly bring about a lock, and not necessarily from myself either (hint: I am not the only mod who doubts the worthiness of this thread's topic). I'm actually exercising a bit of leniency here, mods like PMJ would probably axe the thread already by now.

I don't think it will be locked as long as you can show interest and at least update the thread every week with the new Pokemon. Anyway...

Charizard won me Regionals at VCG 2010 :D Two Flamethrowers in the "red zone" took both of them down (so lucky Sheer Cold missed :p)

Alright, why don't you like Charizard? I don't like him for one reason: His attacks. He does not have a good range of attacks, in my opinion.

On the Special Side...

Flamethrower
Air Slash
Focus Blast
Dragon Pulse
Ancient Power
Ominous Wind
Solarbeam

On the Physical Side...

Aerial Ace
Crunch
Brick Break
Dragon Rush/Dragon Claw/Dragon Tail/Outrage
Earthquake
Flare Blitz
Iron Tail
Rock Slide
Shadow Claw
Thunder Punch

That isn't a good range of attacks?

Alright, new week! So the next Pokemon is:
Pokemon White Entry: The heads on their arms do not have brains. They use all three heads to consume and destroy everything.
Pokemon Black Entry: This brutal Pokemon travels the skies on its six wings. Anything that moves seems like a foe to it, triggering its attack.
So here it is, Hydregion.

Hydregion:

Looks like a cool Pokemon and I can't wait to train it up.

But fighting the one that is used by...well if you've finished B/W you know who I'm talking about (hopefully) and if you haven't then be forewarned for the inevitable...is a real pain. I trained my Pokemon to match that level and I still lost most of my team to Hydregion. Granted, the flaw in my team is that I have no Ice or Dragon type moves right now.

Back