'Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX' Announced for March!

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
As someone who didn't play this back in the day, can someone else describe the game? Is this basically Pokémon Diablo (except much more kid-focused obviously)? It feels aimed at much younger kids than the main RPG, is that accurate?

bunnybird12

Aspiring Trainer
Cool. I never played either of the Rescue Team games, but I did play through some of Explorers of Time. Looking forward to the release!

Clam

Almost decent
Im not waiting for reviews im getting it ASAP doesnt look the best though...

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
As someone who didn't play this back in the day, can someone else describe the game? Is this basically Pokémon Diablo (except much more kid-focused obviously)? It feels aimed at much younger kids than the main RPG, is that accurate?
It's not like Diablo in terms of it's not an action RPG (or at least the original wasn't) since the battles are still based on turns even though they are in the overworld. They are more simple than the RPG's in terms of stats and strategy, but they are still fun and the story is amazing and emotional in Red/Blue Rescue Team which is what this is based in.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer

It's a mystery dungeon genre game (which is a genre, not just for this spin-off series) where you explore a dungeon with a set number of floors and types of Pokemon, but randomised layout and item and trap placement, that changes every time you enter the dungeon.

Your team is comprised of a max of 4 Pokemon, possibly reduced if you want to bring a giant Pokemon like certain legendaries and other Pokemon, of which you can only control the leader while the other Pokemon follow you just do random attacks, unless you set orders for other things. You can also only bring a set number of items based on your bag size, rather than unlimited like the main games. There also traps, some of which are mildly annoying, while others could end your dungeon run or badly damage your team, such as a monster house trap, which summons about 2 dozen enemy Pokemon into a room. Otherwise, Pokemon types and matchups remain unchanged and Pokemon still have their usual stats, such as Hp, AtK, Def and so on. The gameplay is also completely turn based, so Pokemon in the dungeon won't move until you move or make an attack. Your Pokemon also get hungry and need to be kept fed, otherwise they'll start taking damage.

In terms of focus, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, especially the earlier ones, tend to have some of the best stories of the Pokemon franchise as a whole and in terms of difficulty, the late game dungeons are most certainly not kid-focused with late game dungeons usually having item or team restrictions or even reducing your level, possibly to one. I'm not sure about this game, but the hardest dungeon in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky had restrictions such as No items or money can be brought in, only one Pokemon is allowed, your level is reduced to 1 and all abilities are disabled, not to mention that the dungeon is 99 floors and since every floor is randomised, you can't plan for a optimal run and can easily be destroyed by a trap or a lack of items.

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
Any word if the Hunger/Apples thing is in this? sometimes that would wreck my lil team cus i like explore lil too much.

avensis

Aspiring Trainer
I love how faithful the artstyle is to the original. Although if you told me 5 years ago that PMD would get a remake b4 DPPt I'd have called you crazy.

Last edited by a moderator: