Pokemon Pokemon Music Copyrighted?

Discussion in 'Beachfront Hangout' started by Jungletoad, May 3, 2013.

1. Jungletoad Aspiring Trainer
    Jungletoad

I would like to use some of the in-game music such as the Cerulean City theme from HGSS and National Park etc in a YouTube video. I have heard lots of Pokemon music in videos from thejwittz and some other YouTubers. Is this illegal?

Thaaaanx

2. Teal 黄前さん らしい ね
    Teal

Well, actually it is if you make money off the videos, but it's not like they will sue you or anything so you can go ahead. See, it's striked, I didn't say that, I didn't mean that.

3. Jungletoad Aspiring Trainer
    Jungletoad

Pokemon sued Smosh,lol

4. Teal 黄前さん らしい ね
    Teal

Preeetty sure that your videos won't be the same calibre as Smosh. ;)

5. Haunted Water DEFT Lunar
    Haunted Water

Keep in mind they sued them over a parody video. You can never predict Nintendo.

6. TheTPCProductionz Aspiring Trainer
    TheTPCProductionz

YouTube, sometime don't allow people to use music. I recently had a video taken off and my account threatened for uploading a video with music in. I had followed the right procedure.

7. TrainerSivan Aspiring Trainer
    TrainerSivan

If you use a fan-made remix, you should be fine. A remix is considered a parody. Also, you can be sued for anything but it doe snot mean that the suing party would win.

8. PsychedelicBreakfast We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
    PsychedelicBreakfast

Thought that was an April Fools joke.

9. Chariblaze When you add it all up...
    Chariblaze

The suing part, maybe, I don't know. But the video was definitely taken down.

10. Jungletoad Aspiring Trainer
    Jungletoad

The video got taken down, but they made a new parody mocking Nintendo in 2009

11. MickMMars Aspiring Trainer
    MickMMars

Pokemon music is copyrighted, but the chance that you will get sued for using it is pretty low. I'd still not recommend it though.

12. poliyatsia Aspiring Trainer
    poliyatsia

The suing part, maybe, I don't know. But the video was definitely taken down.

13. Merovingian Dead Game Enthusiast
    Merovingian

Articles Head Member

Youtube algorithms are pretty chaotic. It's super easy to get demontized and copyright strikes.

I'm not an expert Youtube creator, but unless it's copyright free music (or your own music) that you own or can cite that is copyright free music or your own, then you're taking a risk of getting slapped with demonitization and/or Cease & Desist.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

GrandPanacea, Juliacoolo, Tails