Pokemon Pokemon Music Copyrighted?

Jungletoad

Aspiring Trainer
I would like to use some of the in-game music such as the Cerulean City theme from HGSS and National Park etc in a YouTube video. I have heard lots of Pokemon music in videos from thejwittz and some other YouTubers. Is this illegal?

Thaaaanx

Well, actually it is if you make money off the videos, but it's not like they will sue you or anything so you can go ahead. See, it's striked, I didn't say that, I didn't mean that.

Teal said:
Well, actually it is if you make money off the videos, but it's not like they will sue you or anything so you can go ahead. See, it's striked, I didn't say that, I didn't mean that.

Pokemon sued Smosh,lol

Preeetty sure that your videos won't be the same calibre as Smosh. ;)

YouTube, sometime don't allow people to use music. I recently had a video taken off and my account threatened for uploading a video with music in. I had followed the right procedure.

If you use a fan-made remix, you should be fine. A remix is considered a parody. Also, you can be sued for anything but it doe snot mean that the suing party would win.

Jungletoad said:
Teal said:

Pokemon sued Smosh,lol

Thought that was an April Fools joke.

Pokemon music is copyrighted, but the chance that you will get sued for using it is pretty low. I'd still not recommend it though.

Youtube algorithms are pretty chaotic. It's super easy to get demontized and copyright strikes.

I'm not an expert Youtube creator, but unless it's copyright free music (or your own music) that you own or can cite that is copyright free music or your own, then you're taking a risk of getting slapped with demonitization and/or Cease & Desist.

Back