Pokemon Launches 25th Anniversary Site and Trailer, Announces Music Partnership with Katy Perry

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

2. A Dilophosaurus I am a Dilophaflora.
    A Dilophosaurus

On the logo it shows Grookey cooking something that looks suspiciosly like a Magikarp....

And I'm glad to have the Shining Fates set symbol now.

3. Yaginku Aspiring Trainer
    Yaginku

TPCi didn't show any Base Set card during the first part of the video cause they couldn't get their hands on any.

The-Kaiser, fleshrum and Z_dude like this.
  4. Charmaster:) The Cube Master, Charmander fan, & Lapras rider.
    Charmaster:)

That is a Magikarp fan used for cooking curry while camping. Used for fanning the flames.

Alex Leblanc and A Dilophosaurus like this.
  5. DialgaDestroys Aspiring Trainer
    DialgaDestroys

Is shining fates the 25th anniversary set because pokebeach previously said otherwise

6. SweetPikachu Aspiring Trainer
    SweetPikachu

I'm excited for the jumbo cards but the whole Katy Perry partnership is wack...isn't she a has-been by now?? Odd choice.

Snowy Lilacs likes this.
  7. Wechselbalg

Most of the starters in the logo feature something significant from that generation, but gen 5 is just "well idk top hats and parasols because why not".

I don't know what that thermometer and lunch basket in gen 3 and 4 are supposed to stand for but neither of them seem as completely random as the "theme" for gen 5. Unless I'm missing something.

8. Skeleton Liar サーナ~
    Skeleton Liar

You know, I wasn't remembering things correctly, but it was amusing to me that Pokemon was partnering up with Katy Perry because I thought she had a concert in Nashville during Worlds 2018. It was actually Taylor Swift. But again, the thought of people at TPC taking that opportunity to talk to 'Katy Perry' during Worlds for a later partnership amused me. At least I can make myself laugh. :rolleyes:

In any case, I'll be looking forward to more information on all of the 25th anniversary stuff.

9. Ilexon Aspiring Trainer
    Ilexon

I've never played gen 5 but I think the parasol and pieces of clothing come from either contests or something to do with dreams, I remember seeing them in the title movie for black and white.

10. KairosDialga Aspiring Trainer
    KairosDialga

Gen 3 has the Pokeblock Case that you use to store the pokeblocks in for feeding to pokemon for the Pokemon Contests.
    Gen 4 is actually the Poffin case, which is pretty much like Gen 4's versions of Pokeblocks
    Gen 5 are the accessories you can dress you pokemon up in for the Pokemon Musical thing which was specifically in those games.

Ilexon, Wechselbalg and The Fish like this.
  11. FireLizard Dragon shipper
    FireLizard

HOLY SHIT THAT SNIVY IS BASICALLY A COINCIDENCE TO SMUGLEAF.

Also,this can be a great year to play Pokèmon.

12. jamestajames Aspiring Trainer
    jamestajames

Pokemon fans: We think the format is beyond stale. We want change.
    Pokemon Company: RELEASE THE KATY PERRY!

13. Animegamer420 Aspiring Trainer
    Animegamer420

wtf?

14. Zielo Caught 'em all.
    Zielo

I can't tell if they're sneak-peeking a vinyl release, or if that's just a dummy prop. Surprised they haven't tapped into that market yet.

15. RHowford Aspiring Trainer
    RHowford

Advanced Member Member

Katy Perry hasn't been relevant in a fu ck ing decade lmao

16. Chicken008 Aspiring Trainer
    Chicken008

"The Wand Company"

17. FireLizard Dragon shipper
    FireLizard

Never heard of Smugleaf?

18. Kizrr Aspiring Trainer
    Kizrr

They should have brought Jason Paige into the mix!

19. Winkachu Aspiring Trainer
    Winkachu

Yea because scalpers got all the stock xD

20. Charmaster:) The Cube Master, Charmander fan, & Lapras rider.
    Charmaster:)

All great historians speak in Rube Goldberg contraptions, am I right?

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?