Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardojosv

Aspiring Trainer
This type of news has no place here imo, it only makes people more divided then we already are.
I personally think this site should keep it to the pokemon TCG news only and leave drama for other places.
Gonna have to disagree with this, it’s important to bring attention to things like this and have this conversation. This isn’t just “drama”, this is a hate crime and everyone on this website is more than capable of engaging in the discourse. The only “division” here is the transphobes coming out so the mods can ban them.

Chicken008

Aspiring Trainer
Good, keep that shit out of Canada. Not that Canada is 100% better than the USA. It really seems like Florida is the worst for this. Wonder if people in that state will have any rights left.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Imagine living such a hateful life that you have to tear down others who are just trying to live happily. Especially those who aren't hurting anyone.

Silly example to illustrate a point. I personally dislike blue cheese on any dish, especially hamburgers. But I'm not going to walk into a restaurant and tell other people they aren't allowed to have it. I'm gonna think to myself, "Oh, not for me, but you go on and enjoy it!" Their preferences are not harming me or others in any way, and I'm glad they're able to find something that makes them happy, even if it's not to my personal tastes.

It's as simple as minding your own business. There's no reason for happy people to tear down others who are also trying to be happy.

We're all nerds just trying to get together to enjoy Pokemon. There's no reason to harass others at an event for how they choose to live their best lives.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Imagine living such a hateful life that you have to tear down others who are just trying to live happily. Especially those who aren't hurting anyone.

Silly example to illustrate a point. I personally dislike blue cheese on any dish, especially hamburgers. But I'm not going to walk into a restaurant and tell other people they aren't allowed to have it. I'm gonna think to myself, "Oh, not for me, but you go on and enjoy it!" Their preferences are not harming me or others in any way, and I'm glad they're able to find something that makes them happy, even if it's not to my personal tastes.

It's as simple as minding your own business. There's no reason for happy people to tear down others who are also trying to be happy.
I couldn't say it any better. As for if this article has any relevance. Yes, always. Hates need to die, for good.

SteveP

Aspiring Trainer
We are all different, but when it comes to playing Pokemon, we are all the same. We want to have fun, and maybe win a few games along the way. :) As a Pokemon professor and potential judge at tournaments, may I never cause any player to feel uncomfortable, either inside or outside the venue. Good lesson to be learned here about the consequences of voicing our personal opinions where they are unwelcome.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.