'Pokemon Home,' 'Pokemon Sleep,' 'Pokemon Masters,' And More Announced!

bunnybird12

Aspiring Trainer
I appreciate their attempt to revive some older characters that don't get seen very often! I still wish for a gen 4 remake though.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I guess we'll end up getting a Pokemon Switch game about sleeping at some point. Pokemon Masters does interest me. I'm looking forward to seeing Blue/Green sporting that Pidgeot. This game does look like that arcade Pokemon game in Japan and I was interested in that so I hope its similar.

I do want them to support Pokemon Duel more. I think its the best Pokemon mobile app right now. I'd love to see some eSports for it or at least see it at a tournament.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon Home definitely needs some more details. From what I can tell, Pokemon Home allows you to transfer Pokemon one-way from PokeBank, Pokemon GO and Let's Go Eevee and Let's Go Pikachu to Pokemon Home but you can both send and receive Pokemon to and from Pokemon Sword and Shield with Pokemon Home.

In other words, it sounds like a separate PokeBank-like app for the Nintendo Switch, meaning that Pokemon Home will likely require a separate subscription. As for why you might want to have keep your PokeBank subscription, it sounds like you won't be able to transfer Pokemon from the DS and 3DS family to the Pokemon Switch games without having both.

As for why it might only be one-way from PokeBank, the only idea that comes to mind is that Pokemon Sword and Shield change the formula in such a significant way that older generation Pokemon need to first be changed via transfer to Pokemon Home before they can be sent to Pokemon Sword and Shield.

Welp, at least this confirms that we'll be able to keep transferring our Pokemon to the new generations as they come out, just means that PokeBank subscriptions costs have essentially doubled (if not more because of Pokemon Home's trade functionality). But again, we need more details before we come make any concrete conclusions, perhaps we'll get them during next week's Pokemon Direct.

Edit: Here's the image for people who didn't see it:
$

Last edited:

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
I guess we'll end up getting a Pokemon Switch game about sleeping at some point.

We sort of already got a Pokemon game based on sleep (sort of) for the 3DS. It was called Pokemon Dream Radar.
Either way, I doubt we will, it just seems like a way for people to keep getting candies and possibly hatching eggs as they sleep in Pokemon Go.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Pokemon Sleep I feel is nothing more than an optional way to earn more Candies from your Buddy, and to possibly hatch Eggs while you sleep, probably nothing more.

Also, Pokemon Home is Pokemon Bank on top of Pokemon Bank? That's a little bit overwhelming, considering we'll now essentially be paying for Bank twice, on top of Nintendo Switch Online.

I guess we'll get more clarification on this during the Direct. Hopefully.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Pokemon Sword and Shield change the formula in such a significant way that older generation Pokemon need to first be changed via transfer to Pokemon Home before they can be sent to Pokemon Sword and Shield.
I think it's more of a system and a generation thing.

In Pokemon Bank, let's say you get a certain pokemon in Sun and Moon. Even if it's a gen 1-6 Pokemon, you can't put it into an XY/ORAS game. Same goes with how you can't put a pokemon from XY back into Black and White or under. I don't think there's going to be any huge changes to the formula of Pokemon, it's just that it's par for the course with how they've done transfers for the last 5 generations.

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
I think we were all hoping that Pokebank would be the endall solution to past and future transfers, but I guess that just isn't possible when it comes to Switch integration and a whole new application is needed.

I wonder if it will be possible for Home to backtrack to older games. Will it eventually fully replace Pokebank?

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I actually love Pokemon Home as a player who plays very competitively. It lets me still use Pokemon whose moves aren't obtainable in the current game like Softboiled Clefable, Extremespeed Entei, and Power-Up Punch Kangaskhan. Also Eruption Heatran. And helps me to complete the Pokedex very easily, just hoping the new games will include the National Dex unlike the previous one. Also Ice Shard Sandslash. I just hope that they'll maximized the capacity of Pokemon there.

JMT

Some Broke Weeaboo
Pokemon Exec:
*Takes rip off of bong
“So, uh, like, what if, we made a Pokemon game, but you literally just sleep?”

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
I think we were all hoping that Pokebank would be the endall solution to past and future transfers, but I guess that just isn't possible when it comes to Switch integration and a whole new application is needed.

I wonder if it will be possible for Home to backtrack to older games. Will it eventually fully replace Pokebank?

It won't backtrack to older games. What you have to do is transfer your Pokemon from your DS or 3DS games to PokeBank and then transfer them from PokeBank to Pokemon Home. In other words, you must own both Pokemon Home and PokeBank if you wish to continue to be able to send Pokemon from the DS and 3DS family to the Nintendo Switch.

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
It won't backtrack to older games. What you have to do is transfer your Pokemon from your DS or 3DS games to PokeBank and then transfer them from PokeBank to Pokemon Home. In other words, you must own both Pokemon Home and PokeBank if you wish to continue to be able to send Pokemon from the DS and 3DS family to the Nintendo Switch.

Gee I wonder how much that will cost?

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
Pokémon Sleep seems like that somewhat old chat about Nintendo being intered in medical devices of some sort or mixing health and games and at the time I found it very interesting to see Nintendo applying their technology. If Fujitsu can change one of their high-tech printer factory into a place to grow lettuce, why can't Nintendo expand their line of services!? In a few years, we'll have an AI robot looking like Hypno or Musharna helping people sleep! =D
Quick search for news (...2016...): https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...-preps-expansion-into-medical-device-business

As for Masters, I already like the protagonists' outfit more than the ones from Sword and Shield.

All said, I'm glad I didn't stay awake to see this presentation.

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
eeyup I know I am. 1. Just give us Pokemon Snap 2 already and 2. Why can't we get a Pokemon Center here in the states?

YEAHH not gonna lie, I got really excited when the Pokemon Center President made an appearance.
They may be pretty cautious about opening up a location outside of Japan again though as the first one didn't do so well.

If they did, it would probably be somewhere in California or Seattle, and my money would be on Seattle (and I hope, because that's a place I actually visit). The reason being that Seattle currently has a couple of the only Pokemon Center vending kiosks in America, in one of the malls.
I feel like at this point in time, a Center in America would do well, now that Pokemon is relevant among the general public again, and hell maybe even more so than it was when the first fad wave hit because now all the adults are in on it too. It's not just children playing the TCG at Barne's & Noble anymore.

I could picture it now.... an American center set with a Pikachu riding a Braviary as it's a mascot.
Not gonna lie though, that whole Mewtwo lab theme for the new center in Tokyo looked cool as hell and I'm going to be excited to visit it on my first ever Japan trip next year!

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Personally not so keen on this Pokemon x Health and Lifestyle Campaigns inetgration, but at least they had a go. Masters sounds interesting, but probably just another wasted opportunity to bring back Sabrina w/ Kadabra.