Pokemon Granite and Pokemon Cumulus *Looking for programmer* *Region Map is Done!*

What do you think of Granite and Cumulus?

• It's doing great!

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • It's good, but needs more work

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • It's really bad. Little cooperation

Votes: 18 23.4%

• Total voters

Boddy

Was once Boddy903
Well, it sucks that I couldn't get to a Printer, but right now, I'm working on Gym Leader designs, but it's kinda hard making gym leaders. :/

Also, I still really need a Programmer

Petrex

..:::Pokemon Organization:::..
hey boddy, thought i posted this last night, guess i was wrong

i5odtu.png

its great for advertising, you know like, making a video, and i think its more detailed than the regular sprite so people get a better understanding, hope you have fun with it =D

Boddy

Was once Boddy903
Oooh.. I like it. So, are those the frames needed for animations? Because if so, I could really use this...

Petrex

..:::Pokemon Organization:::..
yeah, you just use them left to right, with whatever program you have, pivot or whatever. =] what will you be using them for?

le Roi-Soleil

PokéBeach Staff Alumnus
That trainer sprite on the first page (overworld) sheet is a blatant copy of superfoof's work. If you asked permission then ok, but if you didn't I would ask permission. Otherwise, good game so far.

le Roi-Soleil

PokéBeach Staff Alumnus
Excuse me, I was talking about the one on the first page of the thread. Not page 51 :) I am a fellow spriter myself. I'm just lookin' out for my friend superfoof. I'm not trying to offend you, and I am sorry if I did :)

Empoleafeon

Aspiring Trainer
The Legendaries don't really seem, well... legendary. I mean com on, Funalof? A legendary Jumpluff? What kind of legend is there about that pokemon?123. Really, every pokemon from Glaceander onwards does not seem legendary. We had enough of a problem with heatran and the raijin pokemon (Raikou and Zapdos, anyone), but that was more about the legendary powers being repeated. Even for the elementals, the fire one is... Didn't we already have a LOT of legendary volcano pokemon? Try to make the legendaries based on unique concepts.

superfoof

Has had 5 Nintendo DS systems
I have a little complaint, I never said Petrex had permission to use that cheap spin off of my sprite. He's banned now but I had no part in it. I will allow use of the sprite sheet though because I don't see this project going very far and as I said, it's nothing more than a cheap spin off.

Boddy

Was once Boddy903
@Empoleafeon: First off, you can't possibly judge them not being legendary by their names. You haven't event seen their pictures. And besides, those names are tentative, and are going to change soon. And plus, Flaratore isn't necessarily a volcano pokemon. It just lives there.

@superfoof: I'm sorry it's come to that. Petrex told me he had permission, but if this is untrue, I'll take it down immediately. I will disregard your other comment as well. :/

Inconceivable

Formerly Chiraami
Superfoof, are you saying that Nintendo made a cheap spin-off from your sprite. It's also blatantly obvious that you used Blue as starting one, so there's no need to condemn. Yes, I know he did but both of yours had resemblance to Blue anyway.

Decmaster

Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you.
Hey, this post is to anyone braver (or stupider) than me. =P

So, I was making an image for the randomness, and I came across this page. I thought, Hmmm... this would be really good for Pokemon Granite and Cumulus! Now, I know the current maps are fine, but they could use a little... updating. I would have tried myself; as a matter of fact, I did. My original plan was to stun you all with my mastery, but it looked so bad I gave up.

Plus, if there is anything else I can do, Boddy903, please tell me, as I would love to help. (However, I can't program)

EDIT: Because this doesn't work for Boddy903,
worldmaptiles.png

Boddy

Was once Boddy903
LOL. I really wish I could see what you were talking about.. but the link says closed for maintenance..

Boddy

Was once Boddy903
It is very hard to make progress when we lack a programmer. Someone please find me a Programmer? I know this seems dumb and desperate, but, this game is starting to fade into oblivion. I remember back in the summer when progress soared. Now, it's staggering.

Spread the word!

Extra: Update coming 1/16

JoopBananenbuiger

Aspiring Trainer
*Raises hand*

I'm a software developer looking for a fun project, and it seems that you, unlike many other people who want to create games, actually have a pretty good grasp about what you want to do. I'm pleasantly surprised.

I scanned the thread a bit and please forgive me if i missed it, but so far i haven't seen a mention about the system (pc/iphone/nintendo ds, whatev...) you want the game to be developed for... Could you enlighten me?

JoopBananenbuiger

Aspiring Trainer
Just got an email from a forum member pleading to create this game for the iphone... I hope that's not the target system of this project, because i do not have an iphone nor a mac , nor knowledge of objective-c...

Can anybody inform me about the target system of this project?

Boddy

Was once Boddy903
No, not for an Iphone. I was hoping that we could maybe do it for PC. Perhaps Nintendo DS, but I'm not sure. PC is a definite yes though. If you would like to help out, that would be really helpful, but I need to know that you're serious. The last Programmer we had left without a trace.