Pokemon 'Pokemon GO' Question and Answer Session with Developers at E3!

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
*Sits, waits, grabs popcorn, stares, glares, looks at watch, looks at wall clock, stares again, screams and throws computer*
IzCIQax.gif

Ami Dark

Whats with that evolve button? We gonna have to pay to evolve, or just those with evolution stones, like Eevee?

Ami Dark

I have to go to league now but OMFG! NEXT MONTH! I gotta get a new phone and all. Pokemon always takes all my money. lol

yu6

Demon Buster Trainee
So... we are going to play an early access? No trading at release, no training, no events... wow!

I will play it anyway but... I wanted them to wait a little more before releasing the game to have a full game to play... oh well, let's hope it will be a good game.

arno

TCG Player
@scattered mind

Nah, probably plays a bit different without it, atleast so far I understand for now.

And Indeed, $35 would be quite expensive for just an tool/extension that vibrates and gives lights, not sure if it would be worth to have.

I hope they will explain more about the Vr-Part, makes me really curious.

(''Hehehe , walking in the park with that on my head in the night, How wil people react then?'')

arno

TCG Player
Yes, It should work Everywere Except dangerous places

(But I'm not sure if it would work very well in a car, airplane, train ... , didn't confirm that)

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
$35 (likely $42+ in Canada) is hella expensive just for the convenience of capture. Still, based on the fact that Miyamoto and the Niantic guy's device were constantly flashing, it's obvious that the device really will give you a bit of an edge because the frequency of encountering Pokémon seems very high. Or maybe that's just in LA haha. Or, more likely, it was just a demo so they kept them flashing.

I'm hyped to play, but not hyped to pay.

Hopefully that paywall isn't too ridiculous!

MegaButterfree

Old Timer
I live in NYC, so I wonder if I'll be able catch a Rattata in my toilet.
(this has actually happened once with a real rat)

EdwardJP

It was me, Dio!
I live in NYC, so I wonder if I'll be able catch a Rattata in my toilet.
(this has actually happened once with a real rat)
Apparently Pokemon only appear in public places, so I definitely recommend finding those Rattatas in the Times Square McDonalds, the Lower East Side after dusk, and any major subway station.

jbcheshire

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
To me this almost sounds like "street pass" that the DS uses. Mind you I don't play the DS nor really understand it completely, but only am going on how my son explained it.

Sounds like the pokemon are just "soaked up" by the the bluetooth device/app as you walk along. What are you really doing to catch them??? And after you have caught one, then what? You don't do any kind of battling with them do you? So it's like you are just collecting them. I feel this would almost get boring after a while, especially using the dongle since it does it without your input.

If that is all this turns out to be, then I will definitely not be spending $35 to buy one of the gadgets....

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
"There are plans to add the other generations of Pokemon eventually."

I think this is one of the things we needed to hear. ^.^

If that is all this turns out to be, then I will definitely not be spending $35 to buy one of the gadgets....
The application itself is free and free to play, the $35 gadget is merely an extension that means you don't have to be watching your phone constantly.

dotamin

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know how to ask this without sounding overtly negative, but what's exactly the purpose of this? You walk around the real-life city or any terrain for that matter with some app and catch pokemon? Wouldn't that look a bit ridiculous? I'm usually open to whatever nintendo has in store regarding pokemon but this is just plain silly if you ask me.

Kalyst

Aspiring Trainer
I mean its similar to Ingress where you're capturing key points on a map that have some sort of significance that's all interfaced into the app and youre not looking at the object in question (albiet it has a backstory to it) And yet something like that has a huge following to the point where people will go to events, chat on voice chat programs about how to capture strategic points, and do meet ups. Its really no different than what we do with taking other games or handhelds if you get to the brass tax of it. Wouldn't some people think that someone with their face buried into a DS looks a bit ridiculous? We quite literally walk around in the real world (or sit at home or go to tournaments) with an app (a game cartridge or digital download) and catch Pokemon. Reserving judgement until this comes out officially since Im still not hot on it in some aspects until I get my hands on it.