Discussion Pokemon Customer Support

Dave Sontag

Aspiring Trainer
I sent Pokémon Customer Support a request on April 13 about a League Cup. They replied several days later. A day after their reply I asked them a follow up question about their answer...it has been over 3 weeks and I have not received a reply from them. I have sent a number of additional replies and have even started new requests (that are always closed without reply from Pokémon Customer Support). The original request is still open, but I have not heard a reply in 3 weeks. Is this unusual or is this the norm? Any suggestions on how to get someone to reply to my question?

Ah, okay. It probably depends on what you asked about; there aren't very many people in TPCI, so I know it takes weeks or months sometimes to get things like challenges/cups/etc. - or days, depending on how lucky you are.

But if you're just asking a question, it does seem a bit odd, unless they think they've answered it. Since you are a TO, you could try asking some of the more senior Professors?

If it's an issue where someone at the event may have done something against the rules, they may have been ordered to *not* follow up with you.

If it's an issue where someone at the event may have done something against the rules, they may have been ordered to *not* follow up with you.
It was the TOM program that made an egregious pairing error. The pairing contradicted the Pokemon Tournament Procedures for Aged Modified Swiss (section 3.1.2). The TO the head judge and the other participants were all confused when the 2 Juniors with 2-0-0 records were not paired for the final round. One junior was paired with another junior with a 1-1-0 record and the second junior got paired with a senior with a 2-0-0 record. The junior paired with the senior had just faced another senior in the previous round, while the other junior only faced other juniors. It has been over a month and I have not received an answer from Pokemon Customer Support.

Gotcha, that IS something that's worth looking into. I started running tournaments back in 2005 (before the release of TOM) and ran many tests with TOM (and many real tournaments) when it came out. The program has been a "work in progress", like many other kinds of software out there. There's always room for improvement, no matter what changes they make.

It is my understanding that the number of programmers they have working on updates to TOM is very small. Fewer eyeballs = fewer chances to catch something in their code that's not right. I hope you're not too upset, as they are only human. If TOM, in fact was deviating from how it was intended the function, it's just a matter of error.

I myself have caught TOM doing things (mostly tiebreakers) that deviated from P!P's official documentation, and reported it, with the end result being that they fixed the software. I understand your frustration.

Back