News Pokemon Company Acknowledges Champion's Path Availability Concerns

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
I don't see this is as solving the problem, scalpers and hoarders will be buying bulk boxes for a chance to get that $600 card. Forget the Elite trainer box.

As long as the $600+ Charizard is in the set, there'll never be stock that lasts more than a day.

coolcorsola

Aspiring Trainer
I don't see this is as solving the problem, scalpers and hoarders will be buying bulk boxes for a chance to get that $600 card. Forget the Elite trainer box.

As long as the $600+ Charizard is in the set, there'll never be stock that lasts more than a day.
Do you think it really wouldn’t help?

I feel like for Hidden Fates, which was more of an interesting set, there got to be a point where you could find a product or two on shelves pretty casually a few weeks after release. At least I remember coming across a few HF stuff pretty easily a few weeks after the initial craze. I assume in a few weeks CP would be the same.

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
At the time, the Charizard in the set wasn't running out the gate as a $600 card. With Hidden Fates you where able to get the shinies in Japanese form at cheaper, arguably the demand for it was smaller because the japanese version was a cheaper route.

This is brand new, and doesn't exist (yet) outside of US Champion's Fate.
I can't speak for the meta since I quit playing Pokemon some time ago (But I still like to collect) so I don't know what cards where playable from Hidden Fates VS Champion's Path, so my assumption is purely because the Shiny Charizard exists.

I fully believe that if that Charizard wasnt in the set, there wouldn't be as much demand for it (save for the Elite Trainer Box). Yes it would have still sold out, but not as quickly. I feel this can be backed up because pre-orders for Champion's Path products not yet released are sold out as well.

I'm trying to disregard my toxic hatred for Charizard, but I can't believe people are desperate for Gardevoir or Drednaw. It's all about that money card.
(this is also noting that I was completely oblivious to Charizard VMAX being in this set too)

Last edited:

coolcorsola

Aspiring Trainer
At the time, the Charizard in the set wasn't running out the gate as a $600 card. With Hidden Fates you where able to get the shinies in Japanese form at cheaper, arguably the demand for it was smaller because the japanese version was a cheaper route.

This is brand new, and doesn't exist (yet) outside of US Champion's Fate.
I can't speak for the meta since I quit playing Pokemon some time ago (But I still like to collect) so I don't know what cards where playable from Hidden Fates VS Champion's Path, so my assumption is purely because the Shiny Charizard exists.

I fully believe that if that Charizard wasnt in the set, there wouldn't be as much demand for it (save for the Elite Trainer Box). Yes it would have still sold out, but not as quickly. I feel this can be backed up because pre-orders for Champion's Path products not yet released are sold out as well.

I'm trying to disregard my toxic hatred for Charizard, but I can't believe people are desperate for Gardevoir or Drednaw. It's all about that money card.
(this is also noting that I was completely oblivious to Charizard VMAX being in this set too)

Ahh, yeah, I don’t remember how much the HF Charizard was going for. But I can see that difference.

Though I’d still argue that having all those other Pokémon shinies in HF makes it a more appealing set. I couldn’t find it anywhere for weeks. But of course I’m just being super optimistic that the restocks will help, haha. I just really want to be able to buy some stuff from this set! I guess we will have to see what happens. But you have a good point that the Japanese set was out for some time before HF happened.

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
Ahh, yeah, I don’t remember how much the HF Charizard was going for. But I can see that difference.

Though I’d still argue that having all those other Pokémon shinies in HF makes it a more appealing set. I couldn’t find it anywhere for weeks. But of course I’m just being super optimistic that the restocks will help, haha. I just really want to be able to buy some stuff from this set! I guess we will have to see what happens. But you have a good point that the Japanese set was out for some time before HF happened.

I get it, Gardevoir is one of my favorite Pokemon and I'm resisting just buying it from a third party seller and forgetting about Champion's Path (More like Scalper's Path, hyuck hyuck hyuck). The pins are nice too. My greatest disappointment in the set is the lack of Bulbasaur and Ivysaur

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I could also see this just being a reassurance that they’re printing the next wave of new products that are coming out rather than being a reprint of anything that they have. I’d like for it to be a printing towards demand (like they should have done for Hidden Fates but I guess a light couple of tin reprints is all we’re going to get), but I’ve got a feeling it’s just the future boxes they’re doing. I wanted to get a Champions Path ETB just for the promo-I don’t care about the set otherwise-but things aren’t looking good at all.

At least the Full Art Gardevoir is cheap, that’s probably my favorite card in the set.