Pokemon Collector as a League Promo

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
How come it hasn't happened yet? In the last format Roseanne's Research was reprinted as a League Promo yet now with it already rotated out we got Collector which needs to be reprinted cause it's going up in price lately.

What can we do to convince TPCi to do this or Pokemon USA?

El Radar

AKA Le Radar
While I do think it is going to happen eventually, we might not see it until after the rotation. While the league promos (for the most part) have been amazing, I think they want to pace how many good cards we get per season. So Collector might be one of the first promos for next format.

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
Since this thread doesn't involve the competitive TCG a lot, it belongs in the TCG News & General Discussion forum.

*Moved*

thefleeee

Uber N00b
This might occur, but not until it is almost rotated out of format as you see that with both Uxie, Claydol, Roseannes Research, and Azelf

Godzillian

Excellence does not come without effort.
Uxie LP was released almost a year ago and has survived for 1 rotations, so it doesn't count. i.e. it was released when LA was fairly recent.

Kittymew

Aspiring Trainer
LA was far from recent when Uxie was released as a league promo; HGSS had just been released, which is two whole blocks past LA. Still, I think for the sake of the league community, Collector needs to come out as a league promo soon, or be reprinted. Better yet, just reprint Roseanne's and watch the market scramble.

CatreBird

N
Pokémon Collector in Promo will cause many more competitive play but I think it gives everyone a fair shot since not everyone can afford one.

Emperor_Gaius

Formerly mlouden03
I have like 30 collectors XD and alot more WC ones as proxies

I would like it to be a lp, so I could trade all my league kids for theirs

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
I agreewith 123wert50. It will be made a promo soon before its rotated.

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
But why wait so late in the season just to reprint it? Isn't that just arrogance on POP/TPCi's part? Not everyone can afford a playset of Collector's and they've been going up in price on eBay lately.

I had to get the rest of mine from the HGSS Gyarados/Raichu Trainer Kit that comes with 1 of each included. If that doesn't tell you how scarce Pokemon Collector is getting then I suppose nothing will convince you.

Sure I wasted a whole bunch of those Trainer Kits for that 1 Supporter but it was worth it without having to buy them on eBay where they're probably more expensive.

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
Oh my bad it did come with 2 Pokemon Collector's but only on the Raichu Trainer Kit hence the Expansion Logo on the bottom right of the card. The Gyarados Kit has different cards in it.

venasour x

Now I'm in college :)
I almost lost one of my Collectors once. It was in my other deck, and I didn't remember putting it in there. Anyway, I was SOOOO scared I almost started crying, and nearly wet my pants. It was one of those moments when everything you drink for the past month threatens to come out...

To second Card Slinger J, when having to throw out your boxers because of 1 card that you missplaced tells you something.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Card Slinger J said:
But why wait so late in the season just to reprint it? Isn't that just arrogance on POP/TPCi's part? Not everyone can afford a playset of Collector's and they've been going up in price on eBay lately.

I had to get the rest of mine from the HGSS Gyarados/Raichu Trainer Kit that comes with 1 of each included. If that doesn't tell you how scarce Pokemon Collector is getting then I suppose nothing will convince you.

Sure I wasted a whole bunch of those Trainer Kits for that 1 Supporter but it was worth it without having to buy them on eBay where they're probably more expensive.

I agree with you. Pokemon collector is a great card BUT it does not deserve being worth $5! A lp version of it would cut the price as well as make it easier to get esspecialy for new players.

CFOURCOLTSFAN

Aspiring Trainer
Why should it be reprinted, i mean if you don't have 'em trade for them. I mean you don't see Magic or YGO just reprinting their best cards to make it cheaper, but oh well, tbh i'd rather have the new B&W be LPs.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
To be fair, though, the people that do have lots of Collectors generally hoard them, leaving the people that need them behind. Collector's actually a pretty hard card to find, and I really don't care if the value decreases. It's just a piece of cardboard, after all. So why hoard all the better pieces for yourself when you can trade off your extras?

Stupid arrogant jerks causing widespread chaos for everyone else. grumble grumble.

In summation: I'm definitely not adverse to the idea, but I think at this point in time, it wouldn't make sense. Maybe if they sold it in the Professor Store...

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
Why should it be reprinted, i mean if you don't have 'em trade for them. I mean you don't see Magic or YGO just reprinting their best cards to make it cheaper, but oh well, tbh i'd rather have the new B&W be LPs.

Actually they have. With Magic, Birds of Paradise got reprinted like 3-4 times since it was brought back in Ravnica block, Wrath of God was reprinted a bunch of times before getting the shaft from Day of Judgment due to religious issues.

Magic also had a From the Vault: Exiled Cards Collector's Set where they reprinted their best cards from past sets such as Tinker, Berserk, Balance, Necropotence, Lotus Petal, Channel, Gifts Ungiven, Sensei's Divining Top, Mystical Tutor, etc. but definitely not the Power Nine since they're on the Reserve List and that doesn't include Force of Will either. Those reprinted cards are not tournament legal btw.

Yu-Gi-Oh! I know has reprinted cards like Mirror Force, Limiter Removal, Monster Reborn, Call of the Haunted, Swords of Revealing Light, among others but changing their rarity to apparently make it easier for people to get ahold of despite keeping the original rarities and dropping the prices on them.

Ghost Bear

Eat work. Crap money.
yeah collector is pretty pricey right now and making it an lp would be nice with lowering the cost a little. I didn't have any collector's in my deck then bought 4 of them and swapped them in, and it's a very very noticeable increase in winning percentage. At league I'd win a little more than 50% without them and now win about 75% with them.