Pokemon Collector as a League Promo

having it as a league promo will let me get it in "reverse holo" for much cheaper than $6 and change each.. that's gonna rule since I just called the bank, I only have $11 =(

I myself really hope it dosn't become a LP. I've been stocking up on them in masses to sell next format. ._.

it's people who amass them that make the price so high. Luckily the price will stay a little low cuz of the trainer kits.. But I don't get why trollandtoad are asking $14 + shipping for RH collectors.. Like I said, I can buy some for about $6.. Which is also why I get peeved when people quote me tnt prices in the trading corner.

I'm all for a LP/professor store collector

I wouldn't be surprised if it hits $10 before it retires. The problem is there really isn't a card that replaces it. There is no better way to set up than with 3 basic pokemon. Most competitive decks run 3-4. The other problem is that it was only ever in one set, HGSS and the trainer kit. I understand why they didn't put it in other HGSS sets. It would have been an obvious choice for COL, but I think they wanted to make sure they could rotate the card quickly. They did the same thing with roseanne's.

I kinda feel bad that I have 4 collectors but most of the people at my league only have a couple. They should have put them in more starter decks. I hope they do make it a league promo. We certainly need collectors more than special metal/dark energy *rolls eyes*

I don't think it is unreasonable to ask. Claydol was a $25 card before they reprinted it.

Pokemon Collector and DCE(Also pricey) need either reprints in the BW Block or League prints.

There is no reason why either couldn't be preprinted, look at Pokemon Communicator.

what we NEED is another warp energy reprint.. trainer lock is gonna suck

and DCE is probably gonna reprint.. they did it with base set 2, and hgss.

carlitosbob said:
what we NEED is another warp energy reprint.. trainer lock is gonna suck

and DCE is probably gonna reprint.. they did it with base set 2, and hgss.
Base 2 is west only, Japan's releases for DCE are Base in 96 and HG SS Collections in 09.

Japan also gets good cards in their theme decks.. take the Arceus decks. they got lv X's in theirs. we did not. Japan does their own thing, so to compare it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. the fact that base set 2 had DCE makes it seem more likely that DCE will be a league promo as "history" would show that in the USA, DCE gets reprinted.

shouldn't this thread be a poll instead? like, a rating of 1 to 5 as to how badly you want to see collector as a league promo

Back