TCG Fakes Pokemon Card Fakes

LightYearLiam

My mind is always buzzing with Pokemon card ideas, so I might as well write them down and share them.

In my opinion, since reversing power creep is very hard, the only way the Pokemon TCG can hope to be balanced if they start making single prize Pokemon (particularly evolving ones) much more powerful without accelerating the power creep of multi prize ones. As a result, some of my cards may seem a bit excessive in terms of power levels, but that's mostly by design. There will also be some goofy and experimental effects. Also, I will give anything whatever Weakness and Resistance I feel like giving it as long as it has some basis in the games. I won't necessarily make a full evolution line at once (or even ever). An interesting note: I sometimes think of effects before I think of what Pokemon to give it to.

So without further ado, let's begin.

Weavile
darkness.png
110 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Sneasel

Ability: Pressure
The attacks of all Pokemon with a Rule Box cost
colorless.png
more.

darkness.png
darkness.png
darkness.png
darkness.png
Deep Cut - 200
This attack's damage isn't affected by the effects of attacks, Trainer cards, or abilities.

Weakness
fire.png

Resistance
Retreat Cost
colorless.png

Typhlosion
fire.png
170 HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Quilava

fire.png
fire.png
fire.png
Eruption
This attack does damage equal to this Pokemon's current HP.

fire.png
fire.png
fire.png
fire.png
fire.png
Meltdown - 320
No Pokemon can use the Meltdown attack during your next turn.

Weakness
water.png

Resistance
Retreat Cost
colorless.png
colorless.png

Mankey
fighting.png
70 HP
Basic

colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
Karate Chop - 50+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 50 more damage.

Weakness
psychic.png
Resistance
darkness.png

Retreat Cost
colorless.png

Primeape
fighting.png
120 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Mankey

Ability: Anger Point
Once during your opponent's turn, when they flip a coin for the effect of an attack and get heads, you may put 3 damage counters on one of their Pokemon.

fighting.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
Cross Chop - 100+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 100 more damage.

Weakness
psychic.png

Resistance
darkness.png

Retreat Cost
colorless.png
colorless.png

Last edited:

LightYearLiam

I initially conceptualized my Primeape's Anger Point ability as a counter to Crushing Hammer, but I mistakenly wrote it to affect attacks instead...it was late at night. But now I decided to keep it still affecting attacks, but also affecting Trainer cards. I also changed it so that the damage counters have to be put on the opponent's Active Pokemon, since it just seems more fitting flavor-wise, I guess.

Sticky Energy
Special Energy

This attack provides 1 Energy of the same type as the Pokemon it's attached to. (If the Pokemon it's attached to has more than one type, it provides Energy of all the types it has, but only 1 at a time.)

This card can't be removed from your Pokemon by your opponent's Trainer cards or their Pokemon's Abilities or attacks.

Commentary: This is probably a mediocre answer to Crushing Hammer since it's just one Energy, but I don't want to make it provide more Energy either since that risks being too powerful.

Lopunny
colorless.png
110 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Buneary

Ability: Klutz
Pokemon Tools attached to this Pokemon have no effect on it. If this Pokemon is in the Active Spot, apply any effects of the Pokemon Tool attached to it to your opponent's Active Pokemon instead.

colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
High Jump Kick - 130
Flip 2 coins. If both of them are tails, this attack does no damage to your opponent's Pokemon and Lopunny does 50 damage to itself.

Weakness:
fighting.png
x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost:
colorless.png

Commentary: I always thought Klutz + Switcheroo was an interesting combo, so I wanted to see a TCG version.

Restraint Charm
Trainer - Item - Pokemon Tool

The Pokemon V this card is attached to gets -100 HP and can't attack. When it's Knocked Out, your opponent takes 1 less Prize Card. You can’t attach this card to a Pokemon that has 100 HP or less remaining.

Commentary: To be perfectly clear, when I was making this I was NOT thinking of my Lopunny idea! Rather, this is for cards like Crobat V and Eldegoss V that are only used for their Ability. This was created because I feel bad for mostly single prize decks losing when their multiprize supporting Pokemon get Boss'd. And yeah, it could be a pretty wicked combo with Lopunny. And yeah, I know there would need to be a ruling for how to handle the last clause relative to Lopunny...and to be honest I don't know what the ruling would be. But my assumption would be it wouldn't matter because it's not actually attached to the opposing Pokemon V. The only reason I put that last sentence is because it's in Hero's Medal and I didn't want to be inconsistent. Finally, yes, it's on purpose that it applies to Pokemon V and not Pokemon GX or all Pokemon with a rulebox. That's because Pokemon GX are being phased out and this card is designed for a very specific purpose and who knows how that could apply to future Rule Box Pokemon.

Flame Orb

At the end of each turn, if the Pokemon this card is attached to is in the Active Spot, it becomes Burned.

Commentary: Yes, this is more specifically for Lopunny, but also because I plan on making some Pokemon with a video game-styled Guts Ability.

Toxic Orb

At the end of each turn, if the Pokemon this card is attached to is in the Active Spot, it becomes Poisoned.

Commentary: See prev. commentary.

Lagging Tail

The Retreat Cost of the Pokemon this card is attached to is
colorless.png
colorless.png
more.

Commentary: Designed to combo with Lopunny, but I also have an idea for implementing Trick Room into the TCG based on Retreat Cost, and also I think there are already attacks that are advantaged by higher Retreat Cost and I will probably make some more in the future.

Reckless Band

The attacks of this Pokemon which may cause it to do damage to itself do 30 more damage to the opponent's Active Pokemon (before applying Weakness and Resistance), and if one of these attacks causes it to do damage to itself, that damage is increased by 10.

Commentary: Obviously based on the video games' Reckless ability, but it would not make as much sense as an Ability in the TCG. I thought of this because my Lopunny has High Jump Kick, even though it also has Klutz and therefore couldn't take advantage of it very easily... xP I imagine the graphic looking like a spiked collar with uneven, jagged spikes.

Kecleon
colorless.png
110 HP
Basic

Ability: Energy Recolor
Once during your turn, you may choose a basic Energy card attached to one of your Pokemon and a type. That Energy card becomes that type until the end of your turn.

colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
Protean Strike - 80
Choose a type. Kecleon becomes that type (before doing damage) until it leaves the Active Spot.

Weakness:
fighting.png
x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost:
colorless.png

Last edited:

LightYearLiam

Conkeldurr
fighting.png
180 HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Gurdurr

Ability: Guts
If this Pokemon is affected by any Special Conditions, its attacks do 100 more damage (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

fighting.png
Punch - 70

fighting.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
Concrete Smash - 160

Commentary: Yeah, like I said, I wanted to make a Guts 'mon, so here it is. This would be the first SwSh era Pokemon with an Ability + two attacks because I think that's cool, but I do admit that amount of text can get a bit cramped, which is part of the reason why the two attacks are so vanilla. I also don't think more complexity is needed because Guts is the star of the show. Side note, it's crazy to me that Conk hasn't had a card since the XY era!

Weakness
psychic.png
x2
Resistance
darkness.png
Retreat Cost
colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png

Happiny
colorless.png
80 HP
Basic - Evolves into Chansey

Happy Heal
Heal 20 damage from one of your Pokemon.

Weakness
fighting.png
+30
Resistance
Retreat Cost
colorless.png

Commentary: Happiny is a Pokemon that I do not find interesting or appealing, but I want to make Chansey and Blissey cards and I also want to demonstrate my vision for Baby Pokemon. They're simply Basic Pokemon that can evolve into certain Basic Pokemon, but those Pokemon they evolve into obviously don't cease to be Basics and can be played on their own. Basically just trying to keep it simple. But then, what is the point of Baby Pokemon? You'll see when you look at the next card. Oh, and yeah, I arbitrarily decided that Baby Pokemon will have "+#" Weakness, because we haven't seen that in a very long time and I feel irrationally annoyed by that, since the x2 is still on every card, implying there's another option.

Chansey
colorless.png
150 HP
Basic

Ability: Cheerful Collect
Once during your turn, when you play this Pokemon from your hand to evolve one of your Pokemon, you may draw 2 cards.

colorless.png
colorless.png
Pound - 40

colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
Soft-Boiled
Heal 70 damage from one of your Pokemon.

Weakness
fighting.png
x2
Resistance
Retreat Cost
colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png

Commentary: As you can see, if it evolves from Happiny, you can get access to an Ability you otherwise can't use. And yeah, an Ability + 2 attacks again, but still not too complex.

Blissey
colorless.png
250 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Chansey

Ability: Grown Up
If this Pokemon evolved from a Chansey which evolved from a Happiny, it gets +30 HP.

colorless.png
colorless.png
Soft-Boiled
Heal 100 damage from one of your Pokemon.

colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
Pound - 80

Weakness
fighting.png
x2
Resistance
Retreat Cost
colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png

Commentary: The phrasing of Grown Up is meant to block using Rare Candy to get its effect because the effect is pretty powerful considering Blissey's HP is already huge for a single prizer, so I want it to be fairly hard to achieve.

Last edited:

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
The ability of the Primape card is hilarious;)! I also love your Misdreavus card a lot: the Void Plunge attack is really creative!

LightYearLiam

Delphox
fire.png
170 HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Braixen

Ability: Flaming Aura
Pokemon with
fire.png
Weakness have no Abilities.

fire.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
Mysterious Fire - 150
You may discard a
fire.png
Energy attached to this Pokemon. If you do, remove all effects of attacks on each player and their Pokemon.

Weakness
water.png
x2
Resistance
Retreat Cost
colorless.png
colorless.png

Commentary: Anti-ADP and anti-Zacian, obviously. Why doesn't TPC make a counter for a really popular deck instead of making one for Mad Party of all the things? It's a bit infuriating. Unlike the new Spiritomb, this is definitely not a hard counter especially considering it's a Stage 2, because unlike TPC I don't like the idea of making really hard counters (though with ADP it is tempting...).

Dragonite
colorless.png
180 HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Dragonair

Ability: Blockade
As long as this Pokemon is in the Active Spot, the attacks of Basic Pokemon have no effects. (Damage is not an effect.)

colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
Draco Meteor - 200
During your next turn, this attack's base damage is 100.

Weakness
colorless.png
x2
Resistance
Retreat Cost
colorless.png
colorless.png

Commentary: Another even softer counter to ADP as well as one for the aforementioned Spiritomb. Obviously it would be a better counter if it wasn't a Stage 2...but I'm addicted to trying (and probably failing) to make Stage 2s good...

Last edited:

LightYearLiam

Smeargle V
colorless.png
170 HP

Ability: Master Artist
Smeargle V can use the attacks of any of your opponent's Pokemon. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)

colorless.png
colorless.png
Paint Over - 50
You may discard up to 2 in any combination of Pokemon Tools and Stadium cards in play.

Commentary: Obviously I'm more focused on single prize Pokemon, but I don't hate multi-prizers. I think they have their place. I just hate the focus on them being too heavy to the point that it seems like Creatures is afraid to make a single prize Pokemon good or something.

Last edited:

LightYearLiam

Broken Poke Ball
Trainer - Item

Search your deck for a Pokemon and discard it. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

LightYearLiam

Swalot
20px-Darkness-attack.png
160 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Gulpin

colorless.png
Stockpile
Attach any number of Energy cards from your hand to this Pokemon.

colorless.png
Spit Up - 70x
Discard all Energy cards attached to this Pokemon. This attack does 70 damage for each Energy you discarded this way.

Weakness
20px-Psychic-attack.png
x2
Resistance
20px-Grass-attack.png
Retreat Cost
colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png

Mobile Energy - Special Energy

This card provides
colorless.png
Energy.

Once during your turn, you may move this card from the Pokemon it's attached to to one of your other Pokemon that doesn't have a Rule Box.

Note: My version of the Owner's Pokemon mechanic is just like Team Plasma, Ultra Beast, Single/Rapid Strike, etc. in that there's just a little tag that says "[Owner]'s Pokemon" which can have gameplay effects, but the name of the Pokemon does not change.

Dragonite V (Lance's Pokemon)
colorless.png
200 HP
Basic Pokemon

colorless.png
colorless.png
Giant Tail - 200
Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing.

colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
Hyper Beam - 130
Flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy attached to the opponent's Active Pokemon.

Weakness
colorless.png
x2
Resistance
20px-Fighting-attack.png
Retreat Cost
colorless.png
colorless.png

Dragonite VMAX (Lance's Pokemon)
colorless.png
320 HP
VMAX - Evolves from Dragonite V

Ability: Barrier
Prevent all damage done to your Benched Pokemon by attacks.

colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
Hyper Storm - 150
This attack also does 20 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness or Resistance for Benched Pokemon.) Discard an Energy attached to the opponent's Active Pokemon.

Weakness
colorless.png
x2
Resistance
20px-Fighting-attack.png
Retreat Cost
colorless.png
colorless.png

edit: tried to fix some stuff

Last edited:

LightYearLiam

Magby
fire.png
60 HP
Basic Pokemon - Evolves into Magmar

colorless.png
Sputter - 10
Until the end of your next turn, all Pokemon in play have no Abilities.

Weakness
water.png
+30
Resistance
Retreat Cost
colorless.png

Magmar
fire.png
100 HP
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Fire Burst
When you play this Pokemon from your hand to evolve your Magby, put 3 damage counters on each Pokemon VMAX in play that isn't
fire.png
type.

fire.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
Fire Punch - 70
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Burned.

Weakness
water.png
x2
Resistance
Retreat Cost
colorless.png
colorless.png

Elekid
lightning.png
60 HP
Basic Pokemon - Evolves into Electabuzz

colorless.png
Shock - 10
If the Defending Pokemon is a Pokemon VMAX, it is now Paralyzed.

Weakness
fighting.png
+30
Resistance
Retreat Cost
colorless.png

Electabuzz
lightning.png
100 HP
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Thunder Burst
When you play this Pokemon from your hand to evolve your Elekid, put a damage counter on each Pokemon in play that isn't
lightning.png
type.

lightning.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
Thunder Punch - 70
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness
fighting.png
x2
Resistance
Retreat Cost
colorless.png
colorless.png

Mick-773

Pizza Enthusiast
I love how you designed the Magmar/Electabuzz line as a duo, given that in most of the games they are supposed to be sort of counterparts for each other. Also, it's always nice to see some VMAX-hate ^^

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
I love these fakes!! The text is short, creative, and effective.
Just make sure you use the numeral "1" instead of word "one" in the text (like in Chansey, Blissey, Mobile Energy, Primeape, and few others).

Also, how do you get the energy symbols?

LightYearLiam

Also, how do you get the energy symbols?
I originally just used the URLs of the images from Bulbapedia, but it turned out that wasn't such a good idea as the images broke, so I uploaded them to my own web hosting that I purchased for other reasons. I don't mind if other people use my URLs. The same problem could happen someday if I no longer have that hosting, of course, but hopefully I won't do that? xP

Candy Machine
Trainer - Item

Search your deck for up to 2 Rare Candy cards and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

grass.png
Exeggutor - 150 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Exeggcute

colorless.png
Super Eggsplosion: 60x
Discard any number of Energy attached to any of your Pokemon. This attack does 60 damage times the number of Energy discarded this way.

grass.png
Called Shot
Choose 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. This attack does 10 damage times the amount of
grass.png
Energy attached to this Pokemon to that Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness or Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

Weakness
fire.png
x2
Resistance
Retreat Cost
colorless.png
colorless.png

Commentary: This is closely based on the Aquapolis Exeggutor because I thought its mechanics would be fun in a format with Cherrim.

psychic.png
Exeggutor - 140 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Exeggcute

psychic.png
Reflect
During your opponent's next turn, prevent all damage done to your Pokemon by your opponent's Pokemon VMAX.

psychic.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
Full Clean - 180
Discard your hand. This attack does 10 more damage for each card you discarded this way.

Weakness
psychic.png
x2
Resistance
Retreat Cost
colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png

Commentary: The Full Clean attack is based on an attack from Unified Minds Exeggutor.

grass.png
Chesnaught - 200 HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Quilladin

Ability: Spiky Shield
If this Pokémon is in the Active Spot and is damaged by an opponent’s attack (even if it is Knocked Out), put 6 damage counters on the Attacking Pokemon.

grass.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
Hammer Arm - 230
During your next turn, this Pokemon's Retreat Cost is
colorless.png
more.

Weakness
fire.png
x2
Resistance
Retreat Cost
colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png

Commentary: Chesnaught hasn't been printed since the XY era. That breaks my brain.

LightYearLiam

Mismagius
psychic.png
130 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Misdreavus

Ability: Energy Alchemy
Once during your turn, you may discard 2 Basic Energy cards from your hand. If you do, search your deck for a Special Energy card and put it in your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

psychic.png
psychic.png
Ominous Wind - 70
Flip a coin. If heads, draw 2 cards.

Weakness
darkness.png
x2
Resistance
colorless.png
Retreat Cost
colorless.png

LightYearLiam

It's been a while. I've come up with a new Owner's Pokemon mechanic called "Bond Abilities". These are abilities that only activate if you have any cards in your discard pile with the owner's name on them. The reason I say "on them" is so that, for example, Boss' Orders counts for Giovanni as long as it's the Giovanni version of it. However, I don't want them to be too hard to activate, since I want these cards to be versatile, which is why I say cards instead of Trainer cards, so that having another copy of the given Pokemon in the discard pile can be sufficient.

Rhyhorn
fighting.png
90 HP
Basic

Bond Ability: Giovanni's Undermining
If you have any cards with "Giovanni" on them in your discard pile, your opponent's Active Pokemon V gets -10 HP.

fighting.png
fighting.png
Ram - 50

Weakness
grass.png
x2
Resistance
Retreat Cost
colorless.png
colorless.png

Rhydon
fighting.png
120 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Rhyhorn

If you have any cards with "Giovanni" on them in your discard pile, your opponent's Active Pokemon gets -10 HP.

fighting.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
Earth Rumble - 50
This attack does 10 damage to each Benched Pokemon (yours and your opponent's). (Don't apply Weakness or Resistance for Benched Pokemon.

Weakness
grass.png
x2
Resistance
Retreat Cost
colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png

Rhydon
fighting.png
200 HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Rhydon

If you have any cards with "Giovanni" on them in your discard pile, your opponent's Active Pokemon gets -20 HP.

fighting.png
fighting.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
Earth Wrath - 170+
This attack does 20 more damage for each of your
fighting.png
Pokemon that has any damage counters on it.

Weakness
grass.png
x2
Resistance
Retreat Cost
colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png

LightYearLiam

Arceus
colorless.png
140 HP
Basic

Ability: Multitype
If all Basic Energy attached to this Pokemon is of the same type, it is the same type as that Energy.

colorless.png
colorless.png
colorless.png
United Judgment - 90+
This attack does 30 more damage for each of your Benched Pokemon of the same type as this Pokemon that has a different name from any of your other Pokemon in play. During your next turn, this Pokemon can't attack.

Weakness
fighting.png
x2
Retreat Cost
colorless.png
colorless.png