Pokemon Bronze Version! Check out the Video and Screenshots! Magaster added!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porygon-X

There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1
Pokemon
BRONZE

Ok ok, I know what your thinking. "Not another pointless Pokemon game..."

Well, I'm here to change that. Some of you might have heard me talking about my game in progress. Well, today, I decided to post it!
~~Screen shots and videos~~

VIDEO of what I have so far.

Notes about the video:
  • Sorry about the poor quality and smallness... If you press the button in the very bottom right, it should go full screen.
  • The dialogue text that you saw is a proof of concept, so it won't be in the final version.
  • The dialogue text is actually in the center of the screen. For some reason, the recorder I used messed that up... (I have a terrible program recorder...)
  • When I bring up the party menu, I'm clicking the button that says 'pokemon'.

Screen shots:

housek.png

menui.png

pinelab.png

bronzemap.png

~~Staff~~

Porygon-X - Overall game design, Pokemon creator, Pokemon spriter, and programmer

My brother - Pokemon creator, and sketcher.

toille12345 - Pokemon spriter

Want to become part of the staff? I'm only hiring (if that's the right word, lol) spriters at the moment. You MUST be able to scratch sprite. If you contribute, you'll get an exclusive cheat code that will unlock something in the game!

Please fill out this form if you'd like to help:

Name: (This will go in the credits of the game, so you can use your screen name, or your own name, if you like)

Sample of work: (A link to a lot of your work also helps)

How long you've been spriting:

Also, I need a nice logo to put up top of this post, if anyone wouldn't mind. Thanks.

~~Fakedex~~
I've not put that much thought into this, rather I've been focusing more on the programming part, but I do have a list small collection of pokemon!
You are NOT to use anything here as your own without permission

001 - Seepling
seepling.png
Pokemon courtesy of My bro, and sprited my me.
002 - Stage one of seepling... I need a sprite, and name...
003 - Willoak
willoak.png
Pokemon and sprite by me. (Hm, I just realized that you cannot see Willoak's face in any dim monitor setting. I made it in my high quality Mac, so a low quality Windows might just see a dead tree with arms. In any case, Willoak has a creepy long face like Seepling, just, creepier.

XXX - Magica
magicax.png
Pokemon courtesy of Daren, and sprited by me.
XXX - Magaster
magaster.png
Pokemon courtesy of Daren, and sprited by me.

~~Plot so far~~

Again, I've been focusing more on the programming bit, but I guess I have enough here to add a polt.

So, you start out in your own home (Yes, your OWN home) and you go visit Professor Pine, who wants you do do him a favor. You have to go to the next town, and will need a pokemon to go with you. This is where you choose your starter. Once you get back, he'll be so happy with you, he'll give you the pokemon you chose, and tells you about the gym leaders. You are then able to do whatever you want, but to beat the game, you have to beat them, and the Elite Four.

I'm thinking of adding and evil team, but not a rival. I will incorporate the legend mascot into this plot. Any suggestions are appreciated!

~~Banners~~
I'm working on the banners right now, check back later!

~~In closing~~

Thanks for reading! Feel free to post comments, suggestions, flames, random ideas, etc.

RE: Pokemon Bronze Version! Check out the Video and Screenshots! Seepling added!

Wow, i was making a pokemon game too, called Pokemon Frost and Shock, tuns out they closed it, i did almost somthing like your post.....

RE: Pokemon Bronze Version! Check out the Video and Screenshots! Seepling added!

Well, I just posted it, so I'm still at the mods mercy. lol

You're good. A video says leagues more than text. You don't have much more than that, though. Jessayin.

Porygon-X said:
Well, I just posted it, so I'm still at the mods mercy. lol

Good luck with your game!!

PMJ said:
You're good. A video says leagues more than text. You don't have much more than that, though. Jessayin.

Thanks! And, yeah, I know there isn't all that much, but I wouldn't have posted this so early if I wasn't in need of spriters... :/

RE: Pokemon Bronze Version! Check out the Video and Screenshots! Willoak added!

Name: Toby Wittis
Sample (Only Town Image):
Two screenshots
ojjome.png

A SmallTown

ei87pc.png

A small house in a forest

How long have you been spriting? Two and a half years.

Hmm! I'm intrigued! I assume you sprited those your self, correct? Can you sprite fakemon?

Just out of curiosity, what are you building this in?

If it's gamemaker, I can help you, just ask! :]

I'm working on something on my own as well.

!!!! Yes, it is! I really need help with the pokemon engine. I've gotten my self familiarized with inventory, but I was wondering if you had a better way. I'll send you a PM. ;)

Porygon-X said:
!!!! Yes, it is! I really need help with the pokemon engine. I've gotten my self familiarized with inventory, but I was wondering if you had a better way. I'll send you a PM. ;)

Ok, I'm gonna be honest. How long have you been working with gamemaker?
Because pokemon isn't exactly what you should make as your first game.

When you get to the battle portion, that will be extremely difficult.

lol :3

I've made quite a few games. So many, I can't remember them all... lol.

Trust me, I knew how hard a pokemon game would be before I even began. I've always wanted to make my own pokemon game ever since I picked up my first real one. Now I have the rare chance to make it a reality. :)

Well, my games kinda messed, my spriter and programmer are gone, so I can help you of you want. Possibly expanding on the storyline, fakemon ideas, town names, character names, etc.

My game is kinda messed up as well. It seems like everyone has left. The only thing I think that you should improve on is the fakemon. Those two you have up there on the front post doesn't really seem like Pokemon to me. If you had people to help out with the fakemon then you could really improve the sprites you have up there on the front post.

Well, my games kinda messed, my spriter and programmer are gone, so I can help you of you want. Possibly expanding on the storyline, fakemon ideas, town names, character names, etc.

Well, most of that will be up to my Bro and I. But you can suggest stuff!

My game is kinda messed up as well. It seems like everyone has left. The only thing I think that you should improve on is the fakemon. Those two you have up there on the front post doesn't really seem like Pokemon to me. If you had people to help out with the fakemon then you could really improve the sprites you have up there on the front post.

Yeah. The reason they don't look like pokemon is because they aren't. lol

I am looking for spriters now, and maybe once everything is said and done, I/they/whoever can improve it.

i am a spriter that has a lot of time and would like to help out, i think this game could go very far, well, obviously my screen name is toille12345. i work on fakemon spriting just letting you know!

here is some of my work:
2d6jg5w.png

29bzogj.png

and i have been spriting for about 1 and a half years

Hm! Perfect! Would you like to be part of the staff?

yes, i would be honored!

Great! Perfect even! I have your first assignment in mind, but I've got to sketch him up first. I'll send you a PM.

It looks like it will be a fun game when completed haha good luck with your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back