Help Pokemon Box Ratios

Ned Salkovitch

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys,

So I am new to the Pokemon tcg and I was looking into opening a decent amount of boxes (5-10 cases worth) of Celestial Storm and other sets in the future. Is there a source or guidelines for what you're supposed to pull on average in a box? There wasn't anything I could find online. Thanks for the help!

Typically you should expect 6 hits (Ultra Rares) in a Box with at least 1 of those hits being a Full Art (or better) and 3 Prism Star Cards.

No no no no if you are looking for cards to play in a deck

JUST BUY SINGLES

it will save a whole ton of space and money instead of trying to buy boxes.

Are you talking a pre-release box or a 36 pack box? As mentioned before there are six gx's, full-arts or rainbow rares in a the 36 pack box. The most expensive pokemon is Rayquaza, and its price is going down. If you get the pre-release boxes (battle boxes), there is no guarantee of getting any good card. In the past I've bought three different cases (10 boxes) and have had significantly varying success ranging from 5 good cards to over 12 good card (gx, full-art, or rainbow rare). I prefer buying the case of pre-release boxes as you can get some great trainer cards, and you get the promo card.

Back