Pokemon: Black and White English Episodes

Playerking95

I talked to Dmaster, and i said that the Black and White episodes thread is getting cluttered.

So he said i could create a Dub thread,

Now he thinks it wont get much activity, but just post episode titles that you find, your thoughts on the dub, information, voice actors, the opening, who's that Pokemon and stuff like that.

Like the first post of the Best Wishes thread where i constantly update the episode plot points, upcoming episodes titles and such, this is the post where I'll put the dub episode titles.

I'm doing this, because i feel and I think you guys feel the other thread is a bit cluttered, if the other moderators don't agree, you can close this.

Pokemon Black and White Episode titles

BW001
- In the Shadow of Zekrom!

BW002
- Enter Iris and Axew!

BW003
- A Sandile Gusher of Change!

BW004
- The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice

BW005
- Triple Leaders, Team Threats!

BW006
- Dreams by the Yard Full!

BW007
- Snivy Plays Hard to Catch!

BW008
- Saving Darmanitan From the Bell!

BW009
- The Bloom Is on Axew!

BW010
- Rival Battle for Club Champ!

BW011
- A Home for Dwebble!

BW012
- Here Comes the Trubbish Squad!

BW013
- Minccino - Neat and Tidy!

BW014
- A Night at the Nacrene Museum!

BW015
- The Battle According to Lenora!

BW016
- Rematch at the Nacrene Gym!

BW017
- Scraggy - Hatched to be Wild!

BW018
- Sewaddle and Burgh in PinWheel Forest!

BW019
- A Connoisseurs Revenge!

BW020
- Dancing With the Ducklett Trio!

BW021
- The Lost World of Gothitelle!

BW022
- A Venipede Stampede!

BW025
- Battling For the Love of Bug-Types!

BW027
- Emolga the Irresistible!

BW028
- Emolga and the New Volt Switch!

BW029
- Scare at Litwick Mansion!

BW030
- The Dragon Master's Path!

BW031
- Oshawott's Lost Scalchop!

BW032
- Cottonee In Love!

BW033
- A UFO For Elgyem!

BW034
- Ash and Trip's Third Battle!

RE: Pokemon: Black and White Episodes Thread

Good call. Although when I did the same for the dub Sinnoh League Victors series, nobody cared. Since most of us watch the japanese ones that are a good 4-5 months ahead, I guess it might be a bit redundant.

The show has improved massively from my point of view since D/P. I sort of found that everyone was overstressing that Zekrom was a legendary Pokemon. If you go back and watch, you'll see how redundant it is.

So it appears that there is no, who's that Pokemon this week, I hope this is just a one off, I still don't know why they didn't do it.

Incorrect. It's on today, Bulbapedia and Youtube both say so, at least.

Two "technical" things I noticed or either hallucinated.

- The episode title did not have that opening Pokedex sound effect. They either cut it out or I'm deaf.
- When there was the flashback to Professor Juniper, they accidentally kept a Pokeball opening sound effect after the flashback ended (I'm guessing it's from part of the original clip - like they copied the dubbing from the earlier episode to this one and accidently grabbed the sound effect with it when they c/p'd it). My brother and I looked at each other for that one so I don't think I was hallucinating there, but it was pretty odd.

Other:
- No "Who's that Pokemon?" I think it's obvious CN cut it out since it probably took up precious advertising time.
- I really like Iris' voice. I think it fits her better than the Japanese voice actress'.
- Pidove are either stupid or considerate. Probably the latter since they flew off as soon as the others could leave. Or maybe they were scared.
- Sandile's voice was awesome, Oshawott's is too feminine but still okay.

I haven't seen the japanese version of that episode in a while, but I think the Pidove walked along the bridge, I'm probably wrong though. Either way, if they did it to go with their friends, it was pretty nice of them. Also, i loved how Sandile sounded like it's japanese voice. But i wish it had a bit of a softer sounding voice.

Yeah, I dunno what happened to the "Who's that Pokémon?" I really hope that it wasn't just a gimmick for the first two episodes...

Episode 6: Dreams by the Yard Full!

I'll add it to the list, It's an okay title, These Dreams are made of Mist, would've been better, in my opinion.

huh, they had who's that pokemon for the first two episodes, then skipped it for the third episode, and brought it back again this episode.

Well, it's back. That's all I care about. I assume that last week's omission was just a mistake.

i kinda like the whos that pokemon thing because it helps me remember the new pokemons names.

I've noticed that at the beginning of mostly every season (including black and white) Ash seems to go back to a sort of "newbie" trainer. For example, in the second episode of Black and White, he forgets that he has to battle the pokemon before attempting to catch it. Pikachu seems to not battle so well (reguardless of no electricity) and Iris' comments only add to the mentality of a beginning trainer. I wish that these characters would sort of follow a line of progression, increasing maturity and experience after every region (I mean really, pikachu should have owned Snivy with just the quick attacks) but it seems quite the opposite. It has been what? 14 seasons now? One would think at the least he would know how to correctly catch a pokemon! Producers should think of these things.

Any thoughts on this? Maybe i'm jsut being picky... :p

There has to be character progression, even if it's entirely contrived. A couple of months ago he beat a Darkrai, but that was last series. Like it said at the end of the last DP episode... Next time, a new beginning!

'A New beginning' refers to new pokemon, new region, new people etc.. It doesn't mean he's a new trainer again. Yes, he did beat that darkrai and latios-that's kinda my point here. If he can do that, a simple starter pokemon right out of the lab should be no problem. This is why the producers should have more character progression. :)

Also, there is no question that each season is continuing after the last. Ash refers to his past experiences on other regions quite often in the anime.

Episode titles,

BW007 Snivy Plays Hard to Catch!
Airing on: 03-19-2011

BW008 - Saving Darmanitan From the Bell!
Airing on: 03-26-2011

BW009 - The Bloom Is on Axew!
Airing on: 04-02-2011

I like episode 7 and 9's.

Who's that Pokemon being skipped in the 3rd episode is odd....

i just watched episode 5 and i always though cilans name was a hard C not a soft one.

Back