Last Updated: May 5th, 2014

Table Of Contents
1. Server Information
2. Showdown Guide
3. Server FAQ
4. Server Rules
5. Server Staff​

Section 1: Server Information

PB has its very own Pokemon Showdown server! On it, you can battle others, talk to fellow players, and share your ideals and thoughts with the rest of the community. To get to our server, click here.

Section 2: Showdown Guide

Step 1: Connect to a Server

First, connect to the server by clicking here.

w9vbbk.png

If the server isn’t online, you can go to here to find a list of servers. Make sure you communicate to your opponent which server you’re on, and provide a link if necessary.

Step 1a: Choosing a Name

In the upper right corner, click the Choose name button to change your name.

1537f9g.png

Step 2: Getting a Team

Next, you’ll need a team in order to battle. Click the Teambuilder tab to get into that section.

kdppc6.png

Note: Pokemon Showdown! stores your team in your browser’s cookies. If you delete your cookies, all your teams will be deleted.

If this is your first time building a team, you have two methods: building in Showdown! or importing from Pokemon Online.

Step 2a: Teambuilding using Pokemon Showdown!

• In the Teambuilder tab, click New team.
• The Team List button will take you back to the list of your teams. You just came from this screen.
• Untitled 1 represents a name you can give to this team. Save lets you save changes to your team. Import/Export is what you can use if you want to export your team into text format, or if you want to import your team from Pokemon Online.
• The Format pull-down menu is used to choose the tier for which this team is for.
• Click the giant “Add Pokemon” button to get started.

1zvubyv.png

Start typing the name of your first Pokemon, or scroll down Pokemon Showdown!’s alphabetical, tier-sorted list to find it. After you choose a Pokemon, the other customization areas will open up, allowing you to choose items, attacks, and EVs. Just click the appropriate area in order to edit it. You will also see your Pokemon appear at the top of the screen. To add another Pokemon, click the plus next to the Pokemon you just created.

2vxknbc.png

Next, click the Team button next to your team to see your entire team at a glance. Click the Save button to save your team.

Step 2b: Teambuilding via Importing

• Open Pokemon Online.
• Open Teambuilder.
• In Pokemon Online’s Teambuilder, choose your team, and in the Team menu, choose Export Team.
• Select all the text and copy it.
• In Pokemon Showdown!’s Teambuilder, click Import from PO.
• In the text box, paste your team info and click Save.
• Make sure your team wasn’t changed (sometimes PO and PS don’t translate
perfectly, especially if you’re using a Pokemon’s alternate forms). Once you’re happy, choose a tier using the Format drop-down menu, and then click Save.

Alternatively, some people will also provide importable teams in their RMTs. These can also be put in the export section to be uploaded.

Step 3: Finding an Opponent

1. Click the Lobby tab.
2. If you want to battle on the ladder, choose a tier in which you wish to battle and then click the “Look for a battle” button.
3. If you want to battle a specific person, click their name in the user list and click Challenge. Choose the tier you wish to battle in, and then click "Make challenge". Note that when you choose a tier, you’ll see all the teams you’ve made for that specific tier.

Step 4: Battling

2a7eow0.png

When you enter a battle, you will see your team and your opponent’s team. Click a Pokemon to lead with it. Note on the left side of the screen you will see a new tab has appeared: “Your rooms” which has every room (battle) you are either participating in or spectating.

Once you each choose a lead, the battle will begin. You will see buttons for each of your attacks and buttons for each of your Pokemon you can switch to (if you aren’t being trapped).

In the lower right hand corner, just below the battle window, you will see a percentage (100% for example). This represents your active Pokemon’s HP.

If you want to check on the HP levels of your opponent’s Pokemon, mouse over their sprites, which you can find underneath your opponent’s avatar.

When you select an attack, you can cancel the move if your opponent hasn’t chosen an action. If your opponent refuses to move, you can click the Start Timer button to start a 150-second clock which will award you the win if they don’t act in that time.

When the battle is over, you can choose to share the replay, watch the replay, or leave the room.

Step 4a: Spectating/Rejoining a Battle

In the Lobby tab, underneath the challenge window, you will see tabs for all battles that are in progress and recently finished ones. Click on the tab to watch the battle.

If you’re in a battle and disconnect for whatever reason, you can rejoin your battle by clicking the battle’s tab in the Lobby window and then clicking the Join Battle button to pick up right where you left off. If the tab for the battle is already open, you can also refresh the page to reconnect to the battle.

Section 3: FAQ

Listed here are frequently asked questions about the server and it's functions. If you come across a question/answer that should be added here, please contact [smod]PG24[/smod].

Section 3-A: General FAQ

Q: How do I talk to just a single person and not the whole lobby?
A: Click the person's name and select the button that says "Chat". A new window should show up for you to have a private discussion with the user.

Q: What does kick mean?
A: When a person is kicked it just means they were forced out of the server. They are able to rejoin the channel by refreshing the page. Usually a reason is specified in the kick message. A kickban is when you are kicked and immediately banned from the server. If you are kick banned, usually the staff will let you know how long your ban is. If not, PM them on the forum to find out.

Q: I have a question that isn’t covered anywhere in this guide.
A: Message [smod]PG24[/smod] your question on the forums or the server.

Q: How can I help out?
If you would like to apply for a staff position on our Showdown server, please fill out [this form]. Note that we are not always looking for staff, so the application may be closed. New staff is also selected based on staff recommendations.

Section 3-B: Nicknames

Q: How do I change my name?
A: If you do not have a name, click "Choose Name" in the top right corner. If you already have a name, click the gear shape in the top right corner, log out, and then click "Choose Name".

Q: Why should I register my name?
A: Your name will keep track of all of your ladder ratings. By not registering the nick, it allows others to use that name and thus take your ratings. Not registering your name also means you cannot be promoted on the server.

Q: How do I register my name?
A: Click the gear shape in the top right corner. Then, click "Register" and fill out the needed information.

Q: How do I change my name’s password?
A: Click the gear shape in the top right corner. Then, click "Change Password" and fill out the needed information.

Section 3-C: Rooms

Q: Can I have my own room?
A: Yes you can, however, you must maintain it or it may be dropped by the server. The room may not break any server or PB policies or bash other channels. Action will be taken if these policies are violated, which includes dropping the room.

Q: How do I create my own room?
A: Ask [smod]PG24[/smod] or any other & on the server to set up a room for you.

Section 4: Server Rules

1. The server is rated PG-13

Occasional curses are allowed as long as they are not insulting another member.
No references to Drugs and Alcohol. This not only includes messages, but nicknames as well.
No discussion of roms or cheating devices is allowed.
No discussion of sex or sexual activities. Innuendo is fine as long as it doesn't go too far.

2. Do not spam or advertise

Spamming includes:

• Excessive repeated messages. If you are posting repetitive messages too often you may be muted, kicked, or banned.
  • Typing with caps lock on frequently.
  • Sending someone multiple challenge requests.
  • Filling another player's private message box with spam.

Advertising includes:

• Posting links to other Pokemon websites that are not relevant to discussion.
  • Trying to get someone to go somewhere or beg them to do something for you against their will (ex: Hey, come join my website, trade me a Pokemon). PB does not allow people to solicit on the server. This includes private messages to those on the server, If you are reported you will be kicked from the server and possibly banned.

3. Obey the rules and respect server staff.

Members must obey the server staff at all times. Decisions made by [smod]PG24[/smod] or anyone with a & or ~ next to their name are final. Continued arguing with the server staff will lead to further disciplinary action. This also includes any policies that may not be explicitly stated. If you disagree with any action taken on the server, please PM logs to [admin]Shining Raikou[/admin] on the forums or email [email protected].

Section 5: Server Staff

~ Administrator(s): [STAFF GOES IN THESE SECTIONS]
& Leader(s):
@ Moderator(s):
% Driver(s):
+ Voice(s):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back